• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GWL workshop

Started by Gwail, May 18, 2009, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

The advanced version looks great! :thumbsup:
By the way, are you going to make European buses some day? Like Mercedes O405/O505 (solo and/or articulated)?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jmdude1

i agree, that advanced bus looks excellent! as does all your other work, i use them all. the trailer bus looks really nice too. keep up the great work.

Gwail

Thanks for the replies!

SimNation, I'm not sure I've got your point, but I'll try to answer the question - presented nightlight windows texture is only a modded copy of daytime one. I know, that night lights should show more details inside the bus (people, seats, handles etc. - in a daylight the windows, watched from that angle are mostly dark and reflect the environment), but it's difficult to show them properly with flat, 2d texture, concerning all angles you can see the bus. I'm going to add some "perspective-safe details", anyway.

Ioan, for now I rather don't plan to make more buses. There is another MTA bus I have to add to list - last month NYC MTA has purchased 90 new buses Nova LFS artic, so I won't finish my project too soon ;). But, there is always a chance I'll be able to make a small amount of other, most common buses, depending on demand (textures with different liveries are the smallest problem - give me only more free time ;) ). The first non-american bus I'm planning to do is a polish bus, Solaris Urbino 18, with my hometown livery - SPAK Szczecin. I like it much, the bus is much prettier than all these NYC buses taken together ;). Meanwhile I think you should wait for one of Simfanatik's next releases - he's preparing a bunch of bus automata using Glenni's latest models.

jmdude1 - thanks, I'm happy you like my work  :thumbsup:.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

SimNation

Sorry about the kinda confusing question...what I meant is that does the nightlighted window on the buses cause the game to slow down any...like how if you have to many HD props in your game it may cause the game to lag. Your answer to my question that gave me even more reason to want to have the nightlighted window version though  ;D

io_bg

Quote from: Gwail on July 21, 2009, 04:28:28 AM
the bus is much prettier than all these NYC buses taken together ;)
I completely agree with you! I've never liked American buses... They're just ugly to me ()sad()
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nexis4Jersey

looks very realistic  :thumbsup:

Gwail

SimNation - you can test it by yourself now. But you're right - I don't tend to save up resources too much - every bus uses two 256x256 for daytime (so it's a HHD - half HD  ;D - but it's friendly for sofware renderer) and an additional 256x256 texture for nighttime. It makes about 30 MB for all buses I'm planning to do. I've decided it was acceptable for me (high quality needs some sacrifice - all in all, it's only ca. 6-7 med-quality skyscrapers ;) ) - I hope for most of you, too.

Ioan, that's right. But what to do? They should be done and that's all.

Corey, that was my idea ;).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

jmdude1

another great release! as said before, these look very realistic. my region just got a new fleet of busses.

Leodido

Awesome job really, the quality is ;D

Now I just need some fine bus stop to work with them  ;)

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

beutelschlurf

moin Gwail,
just saw it on the STEX, ... another great upload from you, i would like to say!  :thumbsup:
keep it up, mate!

b_schlurf

joelyboy911

The latest bus looks really nice - But I must hold out, I want to use the bendy(articulated)-busses.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gwail

Thanks for all comments!

Joelyboy911, Alex - unfortunatelly, there is still a problem with LUA scripts. The scripts control all articulated buses correctly only if scripts are in one file (unless any wise man will solve that issue - I'm too weak with these). So I have to do all artic buses I plan, next make a script. Otherwise only one bus (loaded first) will appear correctly (with its trailer).

Some fresh news:
I've decided to make some MTA subway cars, too. First of all I have to learn anything about these. So far I was thinking about R-42, R-44 and R-160. Correct me, if there is any other model worth doing.

Remember NYPD ESU unit? I thought that it would be a crime not to use it to make other civil service vehicles, such as the FDNY EMS ambulance, wouldn't it ;)? All it has to be done was a new skin and small model modifications to obtain a nice Ford F-550:

Remember - don't drink and drive! Now it will be a time for new emergency lights. But it will wait for some time - I'm going on holidays next week, until then I have to finish some other projects, IRL mostly. Although I'll try to finish Orion VII and a couple of reskin requests.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

shadow221

I like the ARtic bus when will the pack be released

joelyboy911

Shadow221: Welcome to SC4Devotion. We have a saying here: 'It will be ready when it's ready'. Most people don't plan a time for things to be ready - this avoids disappointment for the fans and stops extra pressure on the creators to meet deadlines. If you are lucky, some folks will give you an estimated time, probably measured in weeks or months.

Gwail: Thats cool, I can wait as long as it takes!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

shadow221

If you want to see the MTA D60 BTW R u making it HF or LF Here's the picunless u alrdy kno wat it lookz like

Amtrak7

I downloaded these files in to my plugin folder:

Orion 5 Diesel, Orion 5 CNG, Orion 7 CNG, Orion 7 HEV, MTA RTS, police van, Laidlaw school bus, First Student school bus.

NO other vehicle automata installed.  All of the above are the additional files, with the exception of the last one.

I tested these in-game by plopping and demolishing many bus stops.  Excellent work on the detail!  The problem right now is that I have multiple UDI icons for bus and school bus.

What's wrong?

Regarding subway cars, the cars you listed above are really subway cars.  But, the R42 will be retired next year.  I would do the R46, R62, and R160.

Gwail

Quote from: Amtrak7 on July 29, 2009, 05:29:11 PM
I tested these in-game by plopping and demolishing many bus stops.  Excellent work on the detail!  The problem right now is that I have multiple UDI icons for bus and school bus.

What's wrong?

Don't worry, almost everything is ok :). I've missed to remove some reps in the Exemplar file, that's why every additional bus makes another unnecessary position in the menu, I've noticed that lately. The newest pack (Orions VII) is already modded properly and I'm working on a small patch for AmTran and Orion V packs.

Thanks for the tip about subway cars, I will proceed.

Shadow221, thanks for the photo, interesting wheel rims, I've never seen them on MTA bus before. As far as I know MTA uses NF D60HF, so that will be my model. But I think yhat you wouldn't notice the difference :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Amtrak7

Note that they are different lengths and widths.

The R46 (and R44 and R68) are 10 ft. wide and 75 ft. long
The R62 (and R142) are 8 ft. 10 in. wide and 51 ft. long
The R160 (and all other in-service cars) are 10 ft. wide and 60 ft. long

This site may help, but be careful not to use any material not found anywhere else, the owner is VERY strict about copyrights:

http://ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_York_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority

SpeedyFarrar

A suggestion for another bus in NYC and other cities, the Alexander-Dennis Enviro 500.
NYC Gray Line Siteseeing open top version:

Similar buses are in Washington D.C., San Francisco, and Hollywood.  The closed top version is used in Hong Kong, Toronto, Las Vegas and more.  The similar two-axle Enviro 400 is used in London.  I think this would be a good bus to make, it's a relatively simple shape and wouldn't be too difficult to modify into a London bus, or re-texture into many different liveries.