• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with L1 & L2 MIS flexfly...

Started by nathkel, August 09, 2017, 03:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathkel

Not sure if anyone brought this to your attention, NAM team, or if anyone needs to, but I thought I'd let you know, in case this is a symptom of something bigger...

Tried creating an overpass system from a rural RHW-2 that empties to a main street going into town, but thinking ahead for future traffic problems. I wanted to avoid traffic lights at the intersection with the country highway, so instead I created offramps that merge into the main street heading into town.

When I put FlexFly L1 MIS ramps UNDER a FlexFly L2 ramp, the NAM mod switched the direction of the L1 overpass ramps to undesirable effects, as shown in the first attachment.

nathkel

The second attachment shows the misdirection where the L1 MIS is crossing under the L2 MIS.

nathkel

The third image shows what I was trying to do, with the error still there. I confirmed that the sims were not using this ramp to get to the farms north of this screenshot...

nathkel

The fourth attached image shows what I ultimately had to do: move the outbound ramp (coming off the Main Street) one tile over to prevent the error. But if was pressed for space (like I was trying to expand in the middle of an already-developed town center), this approach would have been undesirable. I don't know if anyone else plays like I do, but I hate destroying good buildings that have already been developed unless it's absolutely necessary.

If it's something you can easily fix, please do by all means.

And thanks for the continued development of NAM!  ;D
(Feel free to inline the images so everyone can see what's going on. ;) )

Tarkus

That looks to be an adjacent stability situation--the fact that moving the ramp one tile over fixed it confirms that.  It's not really a FLEXFly problem, as the flipping is occurring in the MIS past the FLEXFly.  There are plans for a "Mark IV" for the RHW Project 57 initiative, which will address these sorts of things across the board, but it's likely some time off still--probably in the range of NAM 40.  It will entail replacing all the RHW x RHW overrides with the remnants of memo's unfinished automated MetaRUL project, coupled with a complete rewrite of the RHW x Non-RHW code. 

Also, putting my admin hat on, quadruple posting isn't really advisable--I understand why you did it, but using an external image host (i.e. Imgur) would have allowed you to put all the images in one post, unlike the awkward attachments.

-Alex