• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praiodan

Not looking here for maybe three or four days and you release another two buildings?  ???
Well, I heard Australia is rich in ressources, but I never knew you also have mines for BATs where you just keep on digging to get more and more and more.  $%Grinno$%
&apls

mattb325

I actually batted the mine: printed it on a 3D printer and well...it just keeps giving me more & more bats  $%Grinno$%

Instead of everyone else, I often look at "the ones that never made it" as a thread of inspiration....after the requisite time as passed, of course. And that means many years of inactivity in my book. It would be a little embarrassing if the creator decided to revive their long lost Bats only to find that I have gone and made and released them  %confuse

Anyway, I really liked a few of the buildings that Kant01 made - almost 10 years ago - and never released.

Here is one of them:

Here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31757-old-north-church-boston/

c.p.

Very nice :thumbsup:

(and it will fit in nicely with the set of buildings I am working on ;D )

Simcoug

Quote from: mattb325 on June 11, 2017, 02:13:04 AM
Anyway, I really liked a few of the buildings that Kant01 made - almost 10 years ago - and never released.

I remember finding that thread and drooling over all of his great models.  I never expected any of them to make it to the STEX or LEX under any circumstances, so imagine my surprise when I saw your latest upload today.  Thanks so much - It's a beautiful model, and especially useful for us crazies who enjoy old buildings.   :thumbsup:

praiodan

Quote from: mattb325 on June 11, 2017, 02:13:04 AMI actually batted the mine: printed it on a 3D printer and well...it just keeps giving me more & more bats  $%Grinno$%

I see, now that is the trick. :D Maybe I should consider trying it that way myself one day.  $%Grinno$%

Lovely little church!

bombardiere

Yes, I don't know what kind of magic this is but I am getting slightly nervous.  :D It is just like a blink and there is a brand new Bat.  :o Kind of remains me of Doctor Who and creeping stone Angels which get you if you blink....

Thank you for the nice church. Fits very well in to my play. :)

Simmer2

Another excellent BAT &apls &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Thanks all - in addition to the historic shops that simcoug did a lovely job lotting, while I was testing other things, I realised how few high wealth mid-rise apartments there are in game on the 3x4-4x4 lot size....I've had the same thing growing over and over with approx. 4gb of plugins and no maxis blocker in place  ()what()  :o

So I made one....

Here:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31790-houston-place-apartments/

FrankU

Geezzzz..... you BAT quicker than I am able to unpack the LEX installers!
And that quality! Fantastic work.  &apls

911Diva

WoW Mattb  I have so many things to add!!  Thanks so much for all your hard work!  Your talent is awesome!!! &apls &apls &apls

manga rivotra

This is a bit of a great advent calendar since May thanks to you. ;D
A huge thank you to share all these wonders. You keep this game alive !  :bnn:

Silur

Even Ford's Assembly line did not work like You  &apls &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Nanami

Your BAT works will fit nicely in a lot of city styles in SC4. :thumbsup:

c.p.

Great work as usual.  You're on a roll :thumbsup:

Simcoug

Looks like Millennial heaven  :P
You are correct, there's not a whole lot out there for mid-rise R$$$.  Great work once again!

mattb325

Thanks all - I've added a couple more in the R$$$ mid-rise category:

Gertrude Apartments (terrible name), it comes in two colours in a prop family on a variety of lots. It is based on a US West Coast building:

Here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31824-gertrude-apartments/

And for the Euro crowd, a set of apartments based on a new build in London's West End:

Here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31826-kensington-apartments/

mrbisonm

Those Gertrude Appartments......I lost my words. Seeing all those nice things that you and cp is bringing us lately, tickles my SC4 plaything and wants me to go back playing and BATting/LOTting.......Thanks Matt.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

911Diva

First of all  &apls &apls &apls another great job!!  Your time and patience is greatly appreciated!!!

belfastsocrates

Fantastic residential additions. In fairness both the Houston Place and Gertrude models work very well as modern UK apartments. The building style is very interchangeable.

Lovely work!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

JP Schriefer

Amazing, Matt! Thank you very much for all your effort.