• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

The Plaza is so looking promising    :bnn:

I do hope u do not give up on it   :popcorn:

got mine... like it alot  :thumbsup:

my other comments are on the download page 5/5

Unconstantean

The Plaza looks amazing already  &apls

I have all your BATS, just outstanding work

I was thinking about some things. we lack art deco schools, there used to be one in my hometown

also we due lack some art deco hotels and your modeling when it comes to art deco it's just amazing. here are some art deco hotel from my hometown

And a sentimental sugestion, this gorgeous '30s art deco slaughterhouse is being demolished as we speak.  :'(

On another topic, i recently found this youtube channel about dead malls, some that are going to be demolished. And oh my god there are some 50s and 60s art deco and streamline buildings...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR2LNeZSqINp0WTd_eWCIGg

Anyways can't wait for your next bat to be released :D

Best regards,
Harry

reddonquixote

Ambitious project.. great start  &apls &apls

Goes without saying, Madame Tussauds is excellent.
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

b22rian

Matt, your bats are as good as ever  :thumbsup:

Thanks for staying with this after all these years and giving us such a wide range of quality bats, that have always been first class !

mattb325

Thanks guys,

Those art deco buildings look pretty cool! It's always sad to see these things bulldozed.

Porkissimo made an art deco school https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14230-paris-large-school-art-deco/ - not sure if you have it? Together with his fire station https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14126-paris-very-large-fire-department/, they are 2 very good examples of the 1930's style.

Lots more rain, so I've made some progress on the Plaza Hotel. It is a very complex building, and every elevation is quite different (normally with most models you can copy and paste elements around to speed it all up. I can see why it was started by many batters and never finished.

But at least the Grand Army Plaza and the Park Ave elevations are now largely done:

Note: Anything that looks like glass is just a place holder at this point.

art128

what an impressive beast!

Even though it may not be the particular architectural style I am playing at the moment, i will definitely make a place for it somewhere!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks art!

The beast is unleashed.

I thought I'd even set up a little scene for it:

Available here:
https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32024-plaza-hotel-new-york/

Unconstantean

it's...it's...it's....perfect <3

reddonquixote

I'm amazed how quickly you pulled that together with such high level of detail as well. Looks amazing  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Alan_Waters

I admire your work with the details. I still do not see this building in my city, but the work is colossal, and I'm sure many are in demand.

Chrysler

Your impressive work and your altruism is more than appreciable. I really want to thank you for the Bats you did for this old but reliable game SC4. Your work is just outstanding  ;)

By seing the level of detail and the quality on the Grand Army Plaza, I'm thinking that you could probably succeed to reproduce the Chicago City Hall as a replacement of the Maxis model. Maybe one day  :thumbsup:

kelis

All the community of this game have been waiting for this building for a looooong time. now we got it and the final result is perfectly done, thank you so much !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

tomvsotis

It's so perfect I can almost smell the horse piss! :D

mattb325

^^ I had to think about that last one for a minute...never having been romantically inclined I never paid attention  $%Grinno$%

Thanks for all the comments, glad you like the plaza.

After the constraints of modelling the plaza, it being a real life building and all, and getting back to the idea of making some interchanges, I started doing a El Rail/HSR Station, but found myself repeating what was already readily available (i.e. boxy, 3 stories/15.95m off the ground, one or two tracks wide and I found it just a bit uninspiring) so what started as an attempt at an HSR/El Rail/Monorail station morphed into this fantasy building:

No nite-lites yet.

As you can see, it's a ground rail/bus station/subway station and parking interchange.

The tower has a lot of jobs (similar to placing a commercial plop of the same size, but unlike Com plops, doesn't wreck demand caps).

Some questions for the NAMmers....

I've given it a Tsec of 0.0069 and a capacity of 100,000 with the following switches:

I started as a rail building, and added the subway, so there isn't that usual subway stub thing (?) that the game makes for a subway station. It doesn't appear to have anything apart from a visual bearing...as long as I connect the subway into the lot, it works fine. So, should I add the subway occupant as well as the rail? and are the overall tsec values sufficient, given that it started with a rail station type?

Given this is a station designed for downtown areas, I am really pleased with how it turned out (given it's just make believe) and I plan to reuse the concept to add other switch types as well (as per my original plan....) but I got side tracked!

mgb204

First off, great building and having a station nestled underneath the towers is a great idea, surely a very useful and uncommon type of model.

Indeed not having the subway model isn't an issue functionally, in theory a subway line anywhere on the lot will work just fine provided the switches are in order.

I'd say the Capacity at 100k is probably fine, the TSEC is correctly set too. However, it could probably do with some more switches, since you need to have them for each possible transit change, i.e.

Ped -> Rail/Bus/Sub/Car
Car -> Rail/Bus/Sub/Ped
Bus -> Rail/Sub/Car/Ped
Rail -> Bus/Sub/Car/Ped
Sub -> Rail/Bus/Car/Ped

Not to mention having both Out to In and In to Out versions of each switch too. Then you'll also need switches for through-rail (non-stopping) traffic, which should only be in the directions of the rail network, i.e. either N/S or E/W. One set for rail and not forgetting another for Freight Trains, otherwise freight trains won't work on the lines that go through the station:

Rail -> Rail
Freight Train -> Freight Train

If you want to see an example to use for comparison purposes, check the NAM stations inside z___NAM\Mass Transit Lots\Rail Stations. So for example's sake, the Modern Arched Rail Station is one rail line with Bus/Subway support, so pretty similar to your station in functionality. It therefore is a good guide to the transit switches to use for your lot. In fact, you could cheat and simply copy/paste these values using Reader. Just be sure those switches which aren't in all directions are altered to match the correct orientation of your lot.

Note to see the full range of switches, you'll need to have installed the "NAM Standard Station Features" (found under Additional Features and Customizations), in the NAM installer. If you didn't, the Bus/Subway switches won't be there, since they are tied to this option which adds Bus/Subway support for them. If you need further help with that or a sample lot, just holler at me over PM. :D

Unconstantean

matias93

I've been so hyped by the concept that I really forgot to observe the model itself, and it's really beautiful! I particularly loved how both towers occupy intersect their circumferences but don't match exactly and leave enough free space in the middle to provide adequate privacity and breathing room between them.

There would be some chance to find it as a non-transit hub too?

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

David H

Nice,I like the concept of a Tran Station under a Sky Scraper!

bluewaves44

Looks impressive!

mattb325

Thanks all  :thumbsup:

Thankyou so much robin for the advice - it made sense, although I still need to do a bit more testing. This is it with NAM and a full plugins:

I'll definitely have to redo the lot as I get a lot of errors on the transit switch in both the reader (it crashes) and now the SC4 Tool even though everything else works fine  :bomb: :'(

Sigh. I may yet release the building with no station, although I do want it to be something of a 'landmark' in the city scape

Although in happier news, I added night-lights to Bullocks Wilshire

If you want the update, simply re-download the file (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3511), find your local copy of the Bullocks Wilshire Model File and delete it and replace it with either the Maxis Nite or Dark Nite versions (depending on which you use). Don't delete your lot file/desc file (although there is no change and you can just replace it if you want) and there is no need to bulldoze any lots.

It should all just update automágíçálly  ;)