• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silur

Fantastic work!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Simcoug

So what do you pay your BAT Army?  Are you taking applications?   ;D

mgb204

He's just a BAT machine...

Seriously impressive work here, another insta-download for me.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Jack_wilds

well done... 5/5  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks all. I'm glad you saw the mini! I thought it was just too good to pass up  :D

I don't have a huge patience threshold with modelling and also I actually don't devote too much time to them; and I really dislike it when they take more than about an hour....including rendering time (!)
One day I will write a tutorial on how I model, but my modelling skills, while proficient, are inelegant compared to others: and the way I model isn't even close to how I've seen others do it...it's a random hybrid of lines, splines, meshes and primitives. Whatever is quickest. It's my texturing skills and the fact that the SC4 scale is so miniscule that makes the Bats look any good.

Anyway, today's offering is another for the UK crowd. This Bat is from Sloane St...it's big and brutalist, but fills a niche:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31744-millennium-hotel-knightsbridge/

art128

It seems my city will be filled with your creations... :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Silur

I'll wait for Your tutorial. This is a great idea to see a workshop of a genius.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Another beauty! Gosh....

belfastsocrates

Fantastic!! A BAT machine at the minute and all very very welcome additions.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

David H

I really love this building Matt! Can't wait for the next bunches of buildings! (If ya ever need any inspiration, I got a nice collection of pics for BATers to look at.)

Cheers!
DavidDHetzel.

mattb325

Inspiration is everywhere...even in the contents of the old Maxis exchange server that are being resurrected from the wayback machine over on Simtrop  ;)

brick_mortimer

Nice building :)

Sooo, High-Tech Industry or Commercial Office?
Or both  :P
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

art128

Museum.

Looks good!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Sure is....it's the Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco

Available here:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31750-museum-of-modern-art-san-francisco/

brick_mortimer

Wow, very nice indeed &apls

I really like the glass ceiling  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Girafe

Unsual building  :P

Texturing work is really nice  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

romualdillo

Great building! I'm glad to see some SC3K revival here!  :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

Perfection! &apls &apls &apls

reddonquixote

Strange.. but very good  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.