• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Devotion LEX Updates - Now on HTTPS

Started by CasperVg, January 15, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: CasperVg on February 03, 2013, 07:32:01 AM
Cough cough.. dependency tracking  ...  Hope you like this new feature.

&apls

it looks great
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

figui

custom groups and dependency tracking. this is looking excellent :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

MTT9

Amazing features Caspervg. The dependency tracking will be a great addition :)
You can call me Matt

Yild

Please add something like updates notification - we have information what we had downloaded something so we can store information when it was, then when I enter Lex I could get info if something was updated (from my downloaded "files" list).
Just check "if update_datetime > download_datetime", simple link with 'new updates' would be sufficient (or similar).

Thanks

DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

CasperVg

Quote from: Yild on February 06, 2013, 10:10:17 AM
Please add something like updates notification - we have information what we had downloaded something so we can store information when it was, then when I enter Lex I could get info if something was updated (from my downloaded "files" list).
Just check "if update_datetime > download_datetime", simple link with 'new updates' would be sufficient (or similar).

Thanks

That's a cool idea, I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow. Either way, it'll be an optional feature (turned off by default), as querying the downloadtrack (over 15 million entries in total I think) every time a user logs in might get a bit server intensive if it's on by default.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Yild

Quote from: CasperVg on February 06, 2013, 11:08:07 AM
Quote from: Yild on February 06, 2013, 10:10:17 AM

Thanks

That's a cool idea, I'll see if I can get it to work tomorrow. Either way, it'll be an optional feature (turned off by default), as querying the downloadtrack (over 15 million entries in total I think) every time a user logs in might get a bit server intensive if it's on by default.

yes, we don't want to overheat servers  ;)  &apls

Diggis

Doesn't the download history tell you if you have the latest version already?

jzmajor

Will your various security features include checking in the file is locked before allowing the download? I thought it wouldn't work but changing the parameter in the URL (lotGET to lotDOWNLOAD) allows you to download the file seemingly without checking if the file is locked or not. A fix for this would be as very easy. Equivalent to checking if the user is logged in.

Try it yourself: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2135

You may already know about this, but I thought I would notify you regardless. :-[

JoeST

The visitor number on the front page is missing

it would be good if it could detect that you're logged in and skip the login page, or remove all that gubins and just have drop-down forms for login/registering....
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

Quote from: jzmajor on February 07, 2013, 08:03:28 PM
Will your various security features include checking in the file is locked before allowing the download?
<snip>

Yup, that exploit was fixed.

Quote from: JoeST on February 07, 2013, 11:05:49 PM
The visitor number on the front page is missing

it would be good if it could detect that you're logged in and skip the login page, or remove all that gubins and just have drop-down forms for login/registering....

The missing visitor number thingy will be removed once the update is pushed to the public LEX. You can already skip the login if you're logged in by going directly to
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/fr_main.htm as long as the cookie has not expired.

Yild

Quote from: Diggis on February 07, 2013, 06:34:02 AM

yes and its useless, it doesn't tell that there IS an update, it just spam 'some' dates, and you have to analyse it yourself, I would rather spend that time to play SC rather than compare 30 pages of 50 (?) dates manually.

Comment system... could uploader be a god in his own corner (uploads)?
Some comments are just spam and I would like to delete them (report to 'staff' vs delete by uploader), I should be able to edit my own comments (as an uploader).

Yes, I know that this features could be abused by uploaders (would it? I don't think so...), new field in db table would do the trick (show only comments.visible == 1), so if any complain would be made, staff could be able to check if complain is valid or not (and act accordingly).

An info 'there are new comments' would be great - uploaders would know if there is an comment to respond (if needed) without checking every entry that they had uploaded.

This may seen that I want something mayor and I have only ONE upload so... but I'm not the only uploader ;)

Diggis

Quote from: Yild on February 08, 2013, 11:14:06 PM
Quote from: Diggis on February 07, 2013, 06:34:02 AM

yes and its useless, it doesn't tell that there IS an update, it just spam 'some' dates, and you have to analyse it yourself, I would rather spend that time to play SC rather than compare 30 pages of 50 (?) dates manually.

There is a red or green box beside the lot name. Shows if the lot is the latest version or not.

Casper, would it be simple enough to do a sort option allowing you to only show those out of date?

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Yild

Diggis

Quote from: Yild on February 09, 2013, 10:07:35 AM
sorry I had to be blined  :-[

Don't worry, I've only just seen the links to sort it too.  :o

Jack_wilds

overall it looks pretty well covered for possible & proposed improvements...  :thumbsup:

something I'd like to see a 'simple rating system' of 'thumbs up' for a given item... don't know if this is or can be relevant for the LEX  ??? or better used for the forums...

make sure for the final look, everything is clear, simple, legible, and no too boring either  :P   :) ... its a 'no-brainer' too easily over looked... THX for updating this  :satisfied:

Girafe

For time we can only upload .zip, is it complex to add .rar?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

BarbyW

Quote from: Girafe on February 19, 2013, 01:48:04 AM

As zip files are common to all systems this is regarded as the standard for compression of files. There will be no changes to this and .rar files will not be allowed on the LEX.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

CasperVg

Quote from: Girafe on February 19, 2013, 01:48:04 AM

It wouldn't be very hard to do, no, but, like Barby said allowing .rar files to be uploaded creates a whole new difficulty in installing for the people who end up downloading the files, as some operating systems cannot decompress rar's natively (and would require seperate applications for it (WinRar, 7Zip, etc.) which would be quite problematic to support. Zip-files on the other hand, are generally supported by every OS and have been a "standard" in the SC4 community for a very long time now.

Jack_wilds

are things still on track for 2013 updates  %confuso  ...just curious  :P