• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

everyone is raving about the textures  ???

personally do not see...  %confuso

what the big deal is...  ::)

but i Love the colors...  :)

:popcorn:

c.p.

Thanks Tyberius06, mattb325, Simcoug, Baltimore, Simmer2 and Jack_Wilds for your comments :)

For today's update, here are yet more R$$ houses for the Manchester (New Hampshire) set.  I thought these would make good farmhouses, so I made some extra barns to go along with them. ;D

189 Nashua Road:

289 Nashua Road:

Some real-life shots of similar houses, from Nashua, Lebanon, Dover, Keene and Somersworth, New Hampshire:

mattb325

I love these...especially the last one with the entablature (I know that's not strictly the right term, but I am having a senior moment) over the front door....and you've managed to get it visible from the ortho angle  :thumbsup:

praiodan

Gosh, what a collection this will be! Fantastic work on all the models. Even the feather edges on the roof come out softly, yet clearly.  &apls

APSMS

Those barns look lovely; I will need to make some wild excuses to include these in my California-based regions. Barns like these are not common even among the old farmsteads that still remain (or the photos of the ones that do not).

That being said, I'm sure we can make an exception to fit these in. I'd love to see your lot work for these (and everything else) when you get around to it.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Simmer2

You are on a roll &apls &apls &apls

Can't get enough of those textures, they are fantastic!!

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Silur

All of these buildings are fantastically beautiful. A lot of work for SC4. I will slow down my Santana Island CJ to Your presentation of Your rural houses  :bnn: $%Grinno$% :bnn::thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls

bombardiere

Once again, a great work you are doing. :)

I like the barns. Somehow these have a urban look. Kind of ones that could be seen in 1850's Chicago. I guess  &Thk/(

And I especially like the Apartment. Even if these are fictional, these match the style very well. And I am happy to get historic higher growth stage buildings. There are not that many available.

Simcoug

Wonderful!  These will make excellent farmhouses... I guess I should start planning some R$$ farmhouse lots.  Will you include some FAR barns?  Jmyers has a huge collection of barns, but I don't believe he ever created any FAR or Diagonal versions.  Another building category that is FARing short in game... (sorry, couldn't resist).  $%Grinno$%

c.p.

Thanks Matt, Lars, Absalom, Nick, Silur, bombardiere and Matt for the comments: :)

Quote from: mattb325 on May 26, 2017, 06:22:09 PM
I love these...especially the last one with the entablature (I know that's not strictly the right term, but I am having a senior moment) over the front door....and you've managed to get it visible from the ortho angle  :thumbsup:
It's a good example of how you need to exaggerate some things when BATting to make them work at the BATting angle/scale.  The bracing on that is probably 250% to 300% larger vertically than it would be in real-life.  But that's what it takes to make it work.

Today, a little break from the Manchester set.  These are a couple of medium wealth residentials for the Generic Set, very loosely based on the houses in the pics below.  I see now that I missed some of the details on the second one (26 Bexley St) that give the real life house some of it's character.  So that one's maybe a bit of a dud, but I'm happy with how the other one (16 Bexley St) came out.

16 Bexley St:

26 Bexley St:

Some real life pics from Columbus, Ohio:

Jack_wilds

:popcorn:

really like what I a seeing...

do like your sensibilities in balancing scale and
game need, to find a happy medium for it to all look right    :thumbsup:

no texture quips today though  ::) 
not to say they ain't good, mind ya 

at anyrate, have a fine day, till next lurker commentary...

:satisfied:

praiodan

More wonderful homes.  &apls

mattb325

Lovely new set - I really like the green iron roof - it's so typical of the Australian variants of these sorts of houses  :thumbsup:

vester

Simcoug

Amazing texture variations, as always.  I like the details you added under the front porch on 26 Bexley... fun visual interest.  :thumbsup:

David H

I really like that Cactus Green colored house in the first pic! :)

Silur

I am surprised every time. When this will end. This is fantastic!!!  &apls :thumbsup: &apls Textures - 100%!!!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

thingfishs

Top work here cp  :thumbsup:

Many of these will fit in nicely in my cities. (I am particularly taken with the 26 Bexley variants, especially the modelling of the roofs and the little verandahs. Also the texture on the red tiled roof one - I've seen many failed attempts at that type of texture over the years - often too saturated, and "contrasty" maybe - but you've pulled it off nicely.  :)

c.p.

Thanks Jack_wilds, praiodan, mattb325, vester, Simcoug, David H, Silur, Simmer2, and thingfishs  :)

Todays update is a low-wealth apartment building for the Manchester set, Coburn Apartments:

Some real-life pics from Nashua and Somersworth, New Hampshire: