SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arinsia - WIP  (Read 77343 times)

Offline Nanami

Re: Arinsia - Alijstar: The Venice of the North - The Mosaics
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
Never been to europe yet even until now..... but I can really find the vibrant of european city in these pictures. Those large pavement area and plazas next to road network, trams and most important classical w2w buildings, really give the atmosphere of the city! great job.

oh and almost forget to highlight that I like the tram network on the city, it seems that the city has a massive tram network..

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Re: Arinsia - Alijstar: The Venice of the North - The Mosaics
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »

Arinsia - WIP

Offline feyss

Arinsia - WIP
« Reply #341 on: June 18, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »
Some WIP pictures of Arquennes, a city that I've begun a while ago ::)

As you can see, the city is located on its hill next to the canal. The city centre has already some touristic landmarks while the southern part of the city will be an industrial neighbourhood. The rest of the city will be rural with fields on the western part and meadows and ponds along the river on the eastern part.

- REPLIES -

Lovely arrangements and fantastic pictures. I love your trams, the very green canal banks and the Municipal Theatre is a perfectly set in scene.  &apls

Thanks a lot!

Nice use of the canals, and diversity of road/street/avenue/tram networks.  Also, great selection of buildings (a lot I've never seen before). :thumbsup:

Thank you too!

These are incredibly well-constructed European scenes. There is plenty of variety and the pavement and grass textures flow very well. Good stuff!

Thanks  ;)

Never been to europe yet even until now..... but I can really find the vibrant of european city in these pictures. Those large pavement area and plazas next to road network, trams and most important classical w2w buildings, really give the atmosphere of the city! great job.

oh and almost forget to highlight that I like the tram network on the city, it seems that the city has a massive tram network..

I'm glad I was able to give some atmosphere to my city. Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:05:48 AM by feyss »

Arinsia - WIP
« Reply #341 on: June 18, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

Re: Arinsia - WIP

Offline Dantes

« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Your urban development looks very realistic and sustainable. Great little town!

« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »

Offline brick_mortimer

« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
Love the (old) canal and lock.

Together with the industry along the canal Arquennes will look a bit like le Pays Noir I guess.
I'm looking forward to the Industrial development  :)

« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »

Offline Nanami

« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2017, 04:25:19 AM »
Canal city again! I can spot that freight station.. is that area going to be industrial area?
Nice work in overal!

« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2017, 04:25:19 AM »

Offline feyss

« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »
A small picture to show you how much I play ::) and revive this topic a bit :D

It's a bit the same than the previous one, you can spot the differences...

As it may seem obvious, I wasn't much focused on SimCity those last months. I was indeed more focused playing the Witcher 3 (I'm a bit late I know) and trying to find a job. And even sending CVs was more funny for me than playing SC4...

Anyway, I recently played a bit on Arquennes and an update about the city centre seems to be possible in a near future ;)

Regarding Alijstar, maybe I would need some help. Saving the city makes the game crash 2/3 of the time, which is the main reason for my lack of motivation recently. I love this game but the game hates me... I tried to do some research about this issue but found nothing interesting. I was planning to re-organise my plugins folder a bit and try wouanagaine's Dat Packer, but maybe is there another solution? Any ideas would be welcome  ;)

- ANSWERS -

Canal city again! I can spot that freight station.. is that area going to be industrial area?
Nice work in overal!

Indeed. I've finally found a place to try all Simmer2's awesome lots :D and I will surround them with heavy industry. The idea is also to give this part of the city a poor look by building poor quality housing next to the factories. Thank you!

Love the (old) canal and lock.

Together with the industry along the canal Arquennes will look a bit like le Pays Noir I guess.
I'm looking forward to the Industrial development  :)

Inderdaad  ;) Het is een goede bron van inspiratie maar het is jammer dat er niet veel beschikbare belgische huizen voor de spel zijn  :D Bedankt!

Your urban development looks very realistic and sustainable. Great little town!

Thank you! The idea is indeed to make the transition between the city centre and its surroundings as smooth as possible!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:20:43 AM by feyss »

« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »

Offline Akallan

« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
There is not much construction yet, but for the little that I see, I am very interested! I really like how the railway line passes through the city, with the canal and its industries next to it. I can not wait to see more, and especially closer! :thumbsup:

« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »

Offline kelis

• || Mijn eigen Wereld ||
    • ~ Kelis Bat Design ~
  • CL:
    Puerta del Mundo
« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »
I really like your style, Can't wait to see closer views of that canals  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2017, 01:16:47 PM »

Offline Themistokles

• If Simcity were a democracy we'd all be ostracised
« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
Absolutely love the idea canal, haven't seen that in I don't know how many years. It gives so much attitude to both your city scenes and rural scenes. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »

Offline feyss

« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »
Another one  ;D

- ANSWERS -

Absolutely love the idea canal, haven't seen that in I don't know how many years. It gives so much attitude to both your city scenes and rural scenes. :thumbsup:

I was myself surprised to see how much character it could add to your cities when I first used those and I still don't understand either why people don't use them a bit more  ;) Thank you!

I really like your style, Can't wait to see closer views of that canals  :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I'm doing to do it  :D Thanks!

There is not much construction yet, but for the little that I see, I am very interested! I really like how the railway line passes through the city, with the canal and its industries next to it. I can not wait to see more, and especially closer! :thumbsup:

Thank you! Canals and railway are most of the time linked to industry, so I try to do my best to make it as realistic as possiblle!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:43:16 AM by feyss »

« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »

Offline art128

• 窓付き
  • CL: Chocolarte
« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »
Is it going to be a standard highway or a ring road? Looks good. :)

« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »

Offline brick_mortimer

« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2017, 03:29:44 PM »
Glad you're still playing :)

Inderdaad  ;) Het is een goede bron van inspiratie maar het is jammer dat er niet veel beschikbare belgische huizen voor de spel zijn  :D Bedankt!
True, finding Belgian style buildings isn't easy, and especially if you're inspired by Wallonia.
Some Dutch bats might fit (sometimes) if you're going for a Flanders inspired city, but they would surely look out of place in Arquennes.

I always found the work of supremec over at ToutSimCities fitting for a Belgian style town (even if it's based on the buildings in Northern France).
I guess that's "our" fate, find Dutch and French bats that look the part :P

« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2017, 03:29:44 PM »

Offline Nanami

« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »
Nice work!

Are those prefabs in the right side will be inside a prefabs complex? Looking forward to see more...

« Reply #352 on: November 25, 2017, 10:17:43 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 81 queries.