• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

They're supposed to have it.  The RUL2 code for them was, IIRC, copy-paste-find-replaced from the same block of code, so something weird must have happened with the 6S.  It seems, based on my testing just now, that it only really affects RHWs crossing diagonally under ortho L3/L4 6S.  The other networks seem to be working fine (though DxD combinations don't work).

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on May 05, 2018, 04:44:48 PM
They're supposed to have it.  The RUL2 code for them was, IIRC, copy-paste-find-replaced from the same block of code, so something weird must have happened with the 6S.  It seems, based on my testing just now, that it only really affects RHWs crossing diagonally under ortho L3/L4 6S.  The other networks seem to be working fine (though DxD combinations don't work).

-Alex

I also forgot to mention I can get all flex fly variants under the 6s too. I'm building a massive 4 level interchange (L0 to L3).
~ NAM Team Member

Kitsune

And a double post as I found a cosmetic bug:
L2 RHW-10S inside; which is ok:

L2 RHW-10S outside; which has one too many pillars

~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Upon testing and further examination under the hood, it appears more complicated than that:

Shifting it over such that the outer part of the 10S is on an odd tile halves the number of pillars.  Despite the inner tile having its T21s set up identically, oddly enough, it didn't cause the same behavior.  Something really weird is up.

Edit: Found what was up . . . and solved it.  Place the attached in Plugins\z___NAM somewhere to ensure it loads after the old one.

-Alex

Couchpotato

I'm just getting started with SC4 after buying a new pc so NAM 36 is the only version loaded.   Neither the bus stop nor subway station have base textures.    I've searched everywhere for a NAM version that lists texture dependencies but can't find a thing.
So what am I missing - thanks.    The basic bus stop and subway station are the only ones installed so far and they've replaced the Maxis basic ones so it would be nice to have them look normal.   

b22rian

sorry your having some trouble there with textures..

QuoteThe basic bus stop and subway station are the only ones installed so far and they've replaced the Maxis basic ones so it would be nice to have them look normal.

Can you be a bit more specific as to what these 2 stations are ?
So what I mean is, .. are they RTMT stations, or stations you feel come with the NAM ?

thanks, Brian

mgb204

The base textures used by the Bus Stops and Subway Stations are part of the base content that comes with SimCity. So if those are missing, it suggests some override is modifying them somewhere. Certainly if the Maxis White concrete exists properly on other lots, you can be sure there isn't an issue with the texture itself.

The NAM does alter the properties of some of the transit-related values for the Maxis stations, but does NOT include modifications to the lots themselves. Long and short, this isn't really a NAM problem.

Couchpotato

Thanks mgb204.   That makes sense.   They both have the Nam symbol on them but wasn't sure why you'd change the base texture.   I have lots of BSC, Peg and other files but no other bus stops so have no idea what would override those textures.   I only download material from those groups to limit dependencies.   Back to the old fashioned way of finding out.   Remove almost everything and little, by little add it back.   

Edit:  The problem file is Maxis Renewal and I'm missing a texture file - probably CP's (cycledogg's) seriously old texture file Vol01b.
There are 26 dep files needed for his Utility lots to work.   Unfortunately, I really like his lots so will try and hunt down CP's texture file.

bladeberkman

Hey NAM Team!

I've been inspired by all of the exciting diagonal work you've been doing as of late and decided to re-create a McDuell-style diagonal cloverleaf. I managed to make one, but decided to go big and add a collector/distributor system. Question: Do you think there is any way to make this work? I've spent a fair amount of time clicking around, but it's no use. As you can see, the MIS underpasses return to the default RHW 2. 

:-\

Thanks!

-Blade

Tarkus

If it's not working now, Project 57-Mark IV will probably do the trick.  The current version can actually produce that adjacency pattern, though it still destabilizes to an extent with the outermost L0 MIS.  I am looking at also adding diagonal starters for at least the smaller RHW networks (everything up to the RHW-6S), which, coupled with some RUL1 code to handle the situation, would provide a safety net.

-Alex

Pythias900KMB

NAM team:

Many salutations!  It is good to see you hard at work as always.  I have a quick question . . . how do I go about constructing below-ground heavy rail lines?  I have the data for how to build Flexible UnderPasses but for road traffic.

Tarkus

Under the Rail menu, you should find the Underground Rail (URail) system, which has a pretty expansive feature set.

-Alex

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: Tarkus on June 14, 2018, 05:08:12 PM
Under the Rail menu, you should find the Underground Rail (URail) system, which has a pretty expansive feature set.

-Alex

Tarkus:

I looked around under the Rail menu for the URail system and all I found were puzzle pieces for URail crossing under Roads and Streets along with Ped Malls om various orientations -- none of which is any utility.  Take a look at the attached screen capture.  Do you see what I found?  I found the Rail Tunnel entrance and the piece for a diagonal uRail to cross under diagonal GHSR along with straight URail crossing under straight GHSR but not anything else I need.  I am thinking that I might need to run the NAM installer again to ensure that the full URail system got installed.

stickinc

I just reinstalled SC4 and installed the latest NAM. I tried multiple solutions and none work. I'm positive SAM streets had proper GLR crossings but for whatever reason I get the default street at crossings for all SAM streets. I completely emptied my plug in folder to Just have the NAM and z___NAM folders. So where do I need to look to solve this.   :)

eggman121

Hello stickinc

I just did a quick test and it seems that only the RRW can cross SAM crossings with the textures remaining intact if I am not mistaken.

Unfortunately the support for SAM x GLR crossings won't be realized until at least NAM 38.

-eggman121

mgb204

Indeed SAMxGLR was originally intended and some textures do exist, but it was never implemented. I've been working upon including this functionality, but as Eggman states, it probably won't get included into NAM38 as things are going now.

stickinc

Thank you both for the reply. I guess editing textures as of late and seeing the SAMxGLR stuck it in my head that it was there . :)

bladeberkman

Hey NAM Team!

I am unable to place a flex height transition next to this particular flex exit ramp (first picture). However, I am able to place the flex height transition next to the flex entrance ramp (second picture). Would there happen to be a fix for this somewhere?

Thanks!  :)

-Blade

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: bladeberkman on July 08, 2018, 01:41:46 AM
Hey NAM Team!

I am unable to place a flex height transition next to this particular flex exit ramp (first picture). However, I am able to place the flex height transition next to the flex entrance ramp (second picture). Would there happen to be a fix for this somewhere?

Thanks!  :)

-Blade

Oh, boy . . . E1 ramps . . . Blade, you sure like to live dangerously!   I myself have been through immense frustration with E1 ramps that I hardly ever use them.  Why I find E1 ramps so frustrating is because they assume that there will be an RHW-4S unless there is a starter telling them otherwise.  Considering your two pictures, it seems that you want to transition from an RHW-8C highway to an RHW-6C highway.

Try the following sequence:

First, delete the three tiles using the RHW Disconnect Tile where you want to place the E1 ramps.

Second, place the three FlexHeights and use the RHW Disconnect Tile on the RHW viaduct; the first two rows should suffice.  Place an RHW-8C starter there.

Third, place the RHW-6C starter near where the E1 ramps are to go.

Finally, place the E1 ramps and finish up.

Postscript: 

mgb204

Quote from: Pythias900KMB on July 08, 2018, 10:43:47 AMOh, boy . . . E1 ramps . . . Blade, you sure like to live dangerously!   I myself have been through immense frustration with E1 ramps that I hardly ever use them.  Why I find E1 ramps so frustrating is because they assume that there will be an RHW-4S unless there is a starter telling them otherwise.

Well this is simply how all the Overridable DRIs work, they start out with their base network, typically RHW-2 or RHW-4 unless overridden to another network. Sure that can mean using a starter, but most of the time simply having a suitable stretch of a stable RHW network is sufficient.

The key with this particular setup is ensuring the overpass has a stable section of RHW-8C before building the E1 ramps. Since the FlexHeight pieces always need an extra tile of space to place that can often be overridden afterwards, but will not allow them to be placed with such pieces in the way.

Often the order in which you build things can have an impact on how successful a given setup works. Where that fails, sometimes you just need to give a little space between pieces. A little experimentation can really help to get a handle on what works well and what doesn't.