• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Phoenix Project - 20 years SC4 Challenge

Started by Akallan, August 03, 2016, 07:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

This is some great looking imagery.

Akallan

Quote from: vortext on January 05, 2017, 06:41:20 AM
Quote from: Akallan on January 05, 2017, 06:34:50 AM
No one noticed something in the image with the ruins of Eréphore? :squirrel:

:o Ancient writings. .. ? Cannot decipher it though. ..  %confuso
Seaman has deciphered well! ;)

Quote from: Seaman on January 05, 2017, 08:02:26 AM
Quote from: Akallan on January 05, 2017, 06:34:50 AM
No one noticed something in the image with the ruins of Eréphore? :squirrel:

Quote from: vortext on January 05, 2017, 06:41:20 AM
:o Ancient writings. .. ? Cannot decipher it though. ..  %confuso

wait a second... lets do a quick aerial archaeological survey...

ah... it seems that the people back then build a temple at the mountain of Gormois to worship a god named "AkALLAN"... regarding the size of this religious site it must have been a major cult.

(... and they seemed quite serious about their copyright :D)
One never laughs with copyright! :squirrel:

Quote from: manga rivotra on January 06, 2017, 03:46:17 PM
Stunning update again ! Everything is perfectly done but i prefer the city center pic even more. So busy and full of life with great details everywhere !  &apls &apls &apls
A real pleasure to watch, thanks you.  :thumbsup:
Thanks to you too! :)

Quote from: kwakelaar on January 07, 2017, 03:01:08 AM
This is some great looking imagery.
Yes, each scene is unique but partly inspired by some real places. ;)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Nanami

Interesting MD here! looking forward for more.
for the latest update its pretty nice! The farm in the floodplains of river really done well!

Akallan

Hello everyone,

For a moment I did not return to the forums because I had quite a lot to do. So to come back nicely I decided to make a video before continuing my Dahammas area. It is a video related to the creation of a pond, I hope you like it! ;)

Water :

STEX - Paeng's Free Waters

Rock :

STEX - Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 1
STEX - VIP RuralPack

Vegetation :

LEX - BSC - VIP girafe ashes
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe bushes
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe cattails
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe chestnuts
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe daisy
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe elms
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe feather grass
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe lupins
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe narcissus
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe norway maples
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe oaks
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe poppies
LEX - BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis
LEX - RRP Pasture Flora

Various :

LEX - Mayor Mode Ploppable Livestock
LEX - SFBT Craftsmen House by voltaic
STEX - FrankU Heblem Sand addon
STEX - Nams 48people MMP
STEX - VIP AubracWallMMP

Krasner : Thanks for the comment! I can not say "how to do something", but rather "create something". I only show my way of creating a pond, but I do not explain how to do it. Even if I explain how to do it, I do not have the absolute knowledge and the mastery to sell me thus. :)
feyss : Thank you feyss. :)
FrankU : Thank you, yes you are right. :thumbsup:
vortext : XD Thanks, I've fixed the problem...
APSMS : Nature is not everything regular and clean-cut, so I always try to make things a bit random and blurry. To answer your question, I do not think anything will come around this pond. But why not create something else in this style soon! :) Thank you very much for your comment!
Seaman : Thanks to you for the nice comment! ;)
korver : Thank you korver! :)
Nanami : Sure enough, it's not really a tutorial but I can not either say it's a "let's play" I think. Thank you for the comment. :)
kbieniu7 : Hey, thank you kbieniu7 for your comment. I'm glad to see that you can compare my work to an artist! :)
My CJ :

Krasner

Title => Tutorial : how to make a pond

Watching the tutorial => turns to an entire creation of a (gorgeous !) piece of landscape  :D $%Grinno$%
ANARCHIST !!

feyss

Nice, I was just planning to make a pond  :D That would be a great piece of inspiration!

FrankU

Looks a bit like Vincent van Gogh telling us how to make a Sunflower painting....  ;D
It's the hand of the master that actually makes the image (pond in this case) beautiful and realistic.
But anyway.... it's nice to see how you do it!

vortext

Quote from: Krasner on March 15, 2017, 04:01:12 PM
Title => Tutorial : how to make a pond

Watching the tutorial => turns to an entire creation of a (gorgeous !) piece of landscape  :D $%Grinno$%

Yeah exactly, clickbait title!!  :angrymore:  $%Grinno$% 

Great work! Also nice of you to include mod links - tho the link for rrp pasture flora goes to VIP RuralPack.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

APSMS

I sat there wondering why you hadn't made sure that the water completely covered the ground. Watch my awe as you turned random water splotches into incredibleness!

Of course, it doesn't help that southern California has essentially no water (though we've gotten the rain storms recently). Still, this is incredible. Moreso to see the process; hopefully it won't stay put there by itself, though? Have some other farms and villages nearby?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Seaman

... and another amazing "tutorial".   It's more of a "look behind the scenery"  ;)

Thank you so much for sharing!

Quote from: FrankU on March 16, 2017, 08:19:16 AM
Looks a bit like Vincent van Gogh telling us how to make a Sunflower painting....  ;D
It's the hand of the master that actually makes the image (pond in this case) beautiful and realistic.
But anyway.... it's nice to see how you do it!
If, some future day, he recieves a custom CL, I'll propose "Bob Ross"

FrankU

korver

Always cool seeing how you do things. Great vid and lovely scenery :thumbsup:

Nanami

That video more like a WIP process of a nice scenery than a tutorial for me... Great job on it!

kbieniu7

Indeed! You've achieved an incredible effect! I was looking at the video and admire this soft and fluffy-looking grass - so detailed, like you indeed was painting on a canvas. The FrankU's comparison to Van Gogh hits the nail in the head for me!  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

Hello everyone,

I have not posted anything more than a month. So I come up with a new YouTube video that this time is not a tutorial plus an experience of changing deforestation. I hope that this new concept will please you, if it works well I will do some times in the same genre.

Good viewing! :)

Vizoria : Replies to ST: Thank you. I did not want to take a close look at deforestation for a number of reasons. The first reason is that a close-up would have asked for more details and therefore more time. The second reason, with a bigger zoom on deforestation is less impressive: if one takes the first and last image of deforestation there is a clear difference.

The goal of the first part of the video is not to do anything incredibly detailed with the MMP, but simply to see "live" deforstation.
korver : Thank you korver! :)
My CJ :

Vizoria

As I mentioned on Simtropolis it's a great video. Great natural scenes. But it would have been nice to see some close-ups of that deforestation.

korver

Fantastic work all around :thumbsup: An important message as well - nature is indeed our ally!

Akallan

Located in Southeast Asia and in the Pacific Ocean, the Archipelago of Brebes and a group of 67 islands spanning about 580 kilometers and also the country of Halruaah. The largest island is 120 kilometers long by 40 wide and is home to the capital Kawayan. The archipelago was colonized about 70,000 years ago by men, from 500 BC the archipelago became highly coveted by its resources and its strategic position, it will be the scene of numerous territorial clashes between several neighboring countries. It was in 1760 that the British Empire took power from the archipelago and added a new colony to its list. Two centuries later, the local population revolted, and demanded its independence. After the Second World War, the United Kingdom can not preserve its authority against revolt because it demands too much military and financial means, it folds and the independence of the country will be officially signed on June 6, 1953. The civil war will cost the life of 150,000 citizens.

Today, the archipelago of Brebes has just over 15 million inhabitants, the majority of which are concentrated in Kawayan. The poverty line decreases ant the unemployment rate of 11.2% of the active population. The country's main economy comes from tourism, oil and copper. Have a nice trip!

Kawayan, the largest city and capital of the country. The population reaches 9'000'000 in 2016 and demographers estimate that the city is reaching 10'000'000 inhabitants in about twenty years. The city is contrasted by poor neighborhoods, other neighborhoods rise with large buildings blending British architecture in the modern Asian and Australian era.

There are a multitude of small villages like this spread over the entire archipelago. Most of these villages depend on fishing and agriculture, for some of them tourism operates the local economy.

One of the four airfields in the country. Built in 1940 during the Second World War, it served the British Army for military operations on the islands neighboring archipelago. The aerodrome has been classified as one of the worst in the world by an aeronautical review because of its delicate position between the ocean and the cliffs, the pilots have courage ... There have already happened a few accidents, but never anything serious.

An old colonial house of the British Empire isolated from everything.

In the archipelago still lives some indigenous tribes they live mainly of the fishing. There are about 1,700 natives scattered over several islands.

After the war, the country developed to the detriment of the natives.

One of the few stream in the whole archipelago.

The Hainia Atoll. It takes millions of years for an atoll to form: at first it is a volcano to which coral is formed around it in shallow and warm waters. The volcano collapses until it disappears completely leaving behind only a coral reef in the form of a ring. This process takes several million years.

In 2006, a man was found on an island in the archipelago, surviving for a dozen years before a fisherman's boat noticed an unusual activity on the island. The man had made a huge fire and kept it up for several days before anyone noticed his presence. He says he had a great holiday!

praiodan : Thank you praiodan! :)
feyss : Thank you, I hope it woke you up! :P
Nanami : Well, here I am ridiculous! In what you tell me and the internet link you shared there are many coincidences with my update:

1. That is to say, the Brexit is in connection with Great Britain and in my CJ I speak of it with the British colony.
2. The name of the archipelago "Brebes" is random, I did not know that this city name existed in Indonesia.
3. I was inspired by the Indonesian archipelago and the climate. That is why in my CJ the islands are in the same place as the real Indonesia (south-east Asia, in the Pacific Ocean and close to the Indian Ocean).

All this is only coincidences and nothing has been done on purpose, it is very funny to see this situation, a little embarrassing I must say.

Thank you very much for your comment anyway!  :thumbsup:
korver : Thank you very much korver! :)
manga rivotra : Thank you so much for your kind words! :thumbsup:
Kergelen : Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :)
siemanthepieman : Thank you, it has not been obvious to me to make the most accurate translations possible.
Themistokles : Thank you very much for your comment, it pleases me. :)
To be honest, I do not remember the time it took me to do this update, because I started creating the scenes and for a while I did not do anything until I Resume work. The mmping scenes are not the longest to make, it takes about 3 time per scene (this is an average, it will also depend on the size of the image). Urban scenes are long to do, it takes me a lot of hours because you have to do all the lots one by one.
My CJ :

praiodan

Fantastic pictures!  &apls And what a contrast between Kawayan and the countryside. The airfield is fabulous! :thumbsup:

feyss

What a nice way to start a sunday that reading this  :thumbsup: