• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trouble figuring out how to do a bridge

Started by Tilarium, January 16, 2013, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilarium

Hi all.  I'm having a little trouble figuring something out and hope I can get some help.  I wish I had a pic to show you so I hope I can explain it well, if not, just ask.  Ok, that said, I have a 3 deep CAL canal running down the region, it's slightly sunken, I really like the look of it that one.  Now I'm placing the highway that'll serve as the guide for when I start the town.  Currently the highway is an RHW one but willing to switch to MHW if I need to.  It's on ground level and I want to run it over the sunken area with the canal, so that it looks like a boat could pass under it.  This is where my problem is.  The only way I can figure to make the RHW over the canal is to lower the highway and use the canal pack bridge pieces but then it looks like a ship would beable to pass under it.  Pretty sure this is possible with the CAN-AM pieces but I'm avoiding this because then I'll have a small spot that doesn't match with the rest of the canal.  Anyone have ideas?

vortext

While I'm a big fan of canals as well, and in fact use the CANAM quite a bit, they are hassle when it comes to crossing transit networks indeed.

Dependening on how wide the RHW is, you could use the offset pieces which have a one tile overhanging prop. So you plop these next to the RHW and the canal extends below it. Or at least CAL SG canals have these pieces, not sure if the same goes for the other CAL canals.  &mmm

If not, or if the RHW is wider than two tiles, you could make offset pieces yourself with Cogeo's model tweaker and the Reader. It's pretty easy to do and my preferred method. I've even offset a lock to make way for the CANAM.  ;D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

memo

I guess you want to build a land bridge. There is a tutorial for this by Dedgren over here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=364.msg24358#msg24358