• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Hi guys,

It's time for a real update. I gave a little facelift to the Olsènes city centre. You can take that as a new introduction to the city since I was really cheap in pictures last time I posted about it  ;)

13. BACK TO OLSENES

(click for real size picture)

And some mosaics  ;D

Hope you enjoyed it and Merry Christmas everyone  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: art128 on December 15, 2015, 05:03:39 AM
Nice teaser! I really like how the trams goes around the city blocks.

Thank you Arthur  :)

Quote from: Vizoria on December 15, 2015, 07:22:57 AM
What you have done with the trams looks really amazing. And that tram/road bridge is awesome!

Thank you too  :thumbsup:

Quote from: romualdillo on December 15, 2015, 08:50:30 AM
That teaser is too small! I need to see more to judge!  :D Please!

Here you are. Thank you!

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 15, 2015, 09:13:31 AM
Great teaser!Love the trams... :P

Thank you. Trams is definitely my favorite stuff in this game  ;)

Quote from: kbieniu7 on December 15, 2015, 02:53:16 PM
Very nice square. Did you give it a name?  ;)

Thank you! It's 'Place Sainte Catherine', but pssst it's a secret  ;)

Quote from: Unconstantean on December 16, 2015, 04:11:17 AM
great tram network

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: compdude787 on December 16, 2015, 04:23:53 PM
That teaser image is quite nice! There's lots of detail there.

A huge thanks too  :)

Nanami

Awesome pictures! nice work on those W2W buildings toward the city! and the tram work is my favorite among these pictures.  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

The grass and tram tram combination in picture 5 is just so real, so right, and somehow so... tranquil. The whole city looks nice with all its W2W and small squares, as always. :thumbsup:

However, I think the river is perhaps a bit too clear for a big city (or any water of that depth). Maybe you should try turning the down water transparacy a little or maybe do some underwater mmp-ing? :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

vortext

An already excellent city centre got even better!  &apls &apls

The tram winding through the city is great, and the lay-out of various squares and public space in general is well thought out. Not to mention the astounding building diversity, there's hardly any repetition! Just amazing. Excuse me while I drool a bit longer over the pictures. $%Grinno$% :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Dantes

I like picture No.5 I see this in real in Halle/Saale in Germany  :laugh:
I love your MD!

belfastsocrates

Delightful updates. I really enjoy European W2W cities and this is fantastic. So much detail and building variety
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

Nice urban shots! My favourite ones are number 5 and 7 :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kelis

Every time that I see your MD, I want to make some european cities again...Our continent is beautiful and it looks amazing in simcity...

Keep working and doing the same, your region is fantastic !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Vizoria

Very, very good. It's like looking at a W2W candyland! Your use of sloping roads and terraced areas is executed very well.

Wow, that's some good old city core action. Especially with placing the buildings on slopes. Also, good night shots.

feyss

Hello guys!

I was recently working on the upper part of the old city center on the free space released by the destruction of the former main train station and the hill next to it.

The idea was to build here a prestigious neighbourhood with a mix between ancient and modern BAT's. It will also be the decision center of the city with the town hall. In the central part of the neighbourhood, you will find the 'Place d'Armes', and important square and transport hub ornamented with a column and beautiful facades.

Here's a work in progress picture:

The same one with the transport network. The metro lines are in color and the tramway in black  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Nanami on December 25, 2015, 08:15:16 AM
Awesome pictures! nice work on those W2W buildings toward the city! and the tram work is my favorite among these pictures.  :thumbsup:

Thank you  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Themistokles on December 25, 2015, 12:59:17 PM
The grass and tram tram combination in picture 5 is just so real, so right, and somehow so... tranquil. The whole city looks nice with all its W2W and small squares, as always.  ;)

However, I think the river is perhaps a bit too clear for a big city (or any water of that depth). Maybe you should try turning the down water transparacy a little or maybe do some underwater mmp-ing? :)

You're right for the river. And I didn't want to change the depth since it would have destroy all the banks, the bridges and some buildings... But I didn't know it was possible to change the transparancy parameters. You just gave me the solution, thanks for the comment  :thumbsup:

Quote from: romualdillo on December 25, 2015, 03:49:44 PM
Beautiful pictures!!!  &apls

Thanks!

Quote from: vortext on December 31, 2015, 05:09:58 AM
An already excellent city centre got even better!  &apls &apls

The tram winding through the city is great, and the lay-out of various squares and public space in general is well thought out. Not to mention the astounding building diversity, there's hardly any repetition! Just amazing. Excuse me while I drool a bit longer over the pictures. $%Grinno$% :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it. Thank you  :)

Quote from: Dantes on January 01, 2016, 04:22:19 AM
I like picture No.5 I see this in real in Halle/Saale in Germany  :laugh:
I love your MD!

Thank you. Glad it looks 'real'  ;)

Quote from: belfastsocrates on January 03, 2016, 05:33:02 AM
Delightful updates. I really enjoy European W2W cities and this is fantastic. So much detail and building variety

Thank you!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 03, 2016, 07:42:10 AM
Nice urban shots! My favourite ones are number 5 and 7 :)

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: kelis on January 03, 2016, 10:52:46 AM
Every time that I see your MD, I want to make some european cities again...Our continent is beautiful and it looks amazing in simcity...

Keep working and doing the same, your region is fantastic !!

Thank you! You're absolutely right, European cities look great in Sim City. I know you're working on your japanese project now but I also wish you could make european cities again (Spanish cities maybe ?  ;) ). But this game is so time-consuming when you pay attention to every simple details that's it quite impossible to have two projects at the same time.

Quote from: Vizoria on January 03, 2016, 11:37:20 AM
Very, very good. It's like looking at a W2W candyland! Your use of sloping roads and terraced areas is executed very well.

Thanks too  :)

Quote from: 11241036 on January 05, 2016, 09:01:33 AM
Wow, that's some good old city core action. Especially with placing the buildings on slopes. Also, good night shots.

Thank you!

Akallan

It's beautiful, it's rare to see such beautiful old towns I think!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Nanami

Nicely done as always!

Mixture of old and modern style neighborhood would be very interesting hope to see it soon!

in other note, in my opinion isnt those metro stations is to close each other? just my opinion though that it might be a little bit better if it spaced more between station/lane.

Gugu3

Themistokles

Great work on the infrastructure... Olsènes will always be a rail-city ()stsfd() Also glad I could help with the water.

For anyone interested, there's a great tutorial on the topic of water transparency by noahclem over here.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

juguesal

Very beautiful pictures. Congratulations. Greetings from Spain.

art128

What a very nice city center, seriously one of the best I've seen. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

I repeat Nanami, the layout of métro stations seems quite dense. Anyway, I look forward to see, how you will create Place d'Armes and surroundings of this small palace upon the slope. That place have potential to look representative!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!