• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

The Misc Vol 2 pack is in the queue to be added, I'll need to look where CP prop pack Vol 1 is.

xxdita

Should be right about here.

Fixed your URL...
Tage

Diggis

tamorr

Quote from: Hard_Justice on November 27, 2009, 05:27:55 AM
This Pack is also not on your list.  I found it on the LEX though.  It says that it is lots but SimGoober listed it as a Dependency for one of his lots.
SimCityRail Utility Lots  The actual listing said BSC_SimCityRailUtils_v2.dat I am not sure if it is the same pack or not.

Yes that is the same as it has been noted also as DEDWD SimCity Rail Utilities as well.... v2 at the end is just the lastest version of that... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

Diggis

Actually, it's the name of the file in the download, not the name of the download itself.  Hence the .dat at the end.

PaPa-J

Thanks everyone!  I have everything installed and so far all lots seam to be working.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Diggis

I've updated the list to be almost current (I haven't checked the exchanges in a couple of weeks, but will do more regularly now)

There are over 880 entries on the list so I almost certainly have made some mistakes, and possibly missed a few.  Please inform me here of any missing or broken links and provide new links if possible.

I'm just updating the list to show what was included on the DVD or the CD so those member who have received those will know what they have installed.

Andreas

Andreas

Diggis

Thanks grbac, it's in the master list I have, but wasn't added to the online version for some reason.  I'll get it updated shortly.

k808j

This is another missing link BSCBATProps NewmanInc RPK Vol1 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1641  Nope, thats in the list already, although with spaces between the BSC BAT Props.  Thanks though  :thumbsup: Diggis

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

Diggis

Just in case anyone is wondering why I am replying be editing their post rather than with a post, it's so I can easily scan back over the thread and find what I have checked or not and fix it at a later date.

Thanks to everyone who has provided corrections etc for me.  :thumbsup:

yosef

missing this one on the list

PEG-OWW_Development-Kit_Vol1b.dat
      BSC Mega Texture Pack

tamorr

BSC Mega Texture Pack as far as I know was merged into the BSC Textures Vol 01 File. So essentially that particular one shouldn't truly be used anyhow. I stand corrected if this is truly wrong, but from what I've read and researched when reinstalling stuff kinda helped me know which files were replaced or merged into others.... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

k808j

Tamorr

You are correct with the texture pack and the PEG-OWW dat may have been phased out by Pegasus.

Yosef

Go to http://simpeg.com to see if that PEG file is still valid. (You have to register)

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

kyero

I know that all this dependency stuff has to take a long time to organize. I was just curious if anyone has ever thought of developing a utility that would install dependencies for us. Here is why I ask, I have been a long time fan of the Tiger Woods golf games for the PC (not of his personal life, if you know what I mean). They had a very nice course creator with the game and lots of really good visionaries created very nice courses for the game. In order to make all the dependencies manageable for the users to install, the course creator would bundle all the dependencies along with the course in a ZIP file. When the end user downloaded the course ZIP and installed with the created utility, the utility would search in the correct place to see if you already had the dependency and if you did would give you a pop up stating that you already had that dependency and that you didn't need it again.
Has anyone ever ventured to creating such a utility? It just seems that the Cleanitol, although being a nice utility, isn't quite as clean of an operation.

Thoughts??????

dragonshardz

Actually, there is already a program that downloads files for you on the LEX. Paired with Cleanitol, it is essentially the same as the program you are proposing.

SC4BOY

Sure, go for it. Make a new tool.. may turn out to be great. Good luck on that.

Jonathan

Well if each Lot/Download had a specific Dependency section in their Description with a HTML tag with a specific ID and the list of dependency inside the tag. And is identical on each description page. Then a program could be made to automatically download dependencies. And the LEX would be the best SC4 exchange on the net even more than it is already.

But the the actual reason I came to this thread was to say that this dependency doesn't seem to be on the list: BSC Mega Props - CP Vol 01 .

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

Jonathan