• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Please help me get Pedriana Plants

Started by tiberiu, March 03, 2015, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiberiu

Hello guys,

I made this account to ask for help, because I can't seem to be able to grow stage 3 farms (Pedriana's Plants). I did the basic research and reading but I wasn't able to find answers to this. Surprisingly I found that there is actually a mod that lowers their frequency, while I never had them grow in my towns. 

I like to use some space for farms but I also want to have as many jobs as possible for agriculture. I seem to get like 90% Pumpkin Acres and the rest of the types 10% but never Pedriana's Plants, even when using larger lots. 

If anybody could give the exact requirements... or at least tell me if there is any way to prevent Pumpkin Acres from growing. I dislike the 2 jobs pumpkin acres.

Thanks in advance.

Indiana Joe

Try watering the Ag zones.  You also need high demand and a highly desirable area (no heavy traffic or air pollution nearby).

FrankU

There will be a moment in our city tile that all you get on Ag terrain will be Pedriana Plant. It's the only maxis stage 3 farm and hence it will grow like weeds when population and demand exceed a certain value.
Therefore someone made a stop pedriana mod (forgot how it's called).

When you get tired of Pedriana I advise you to download some farm lots that will mix with Pedriana.

tiberiu

Thanks for the replies. So basically I should wait until the city is large and try again to zone for more agriculture. One last thing I would like to know, just to be sure, is if a lot of 5x4 is large enough for Pedriana to develop. I noticed on 4x4 only Pumpkin acres grow, and on 5x4 there can appear some llama ag, or jez knights, but those are stage 2 farms.

joshua43214

here is a link to the encyclopedia page
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Pedriana_Plants
as you can see, it consumes both water and power, and will grow on 4x4, 4x6, and 6x4 lots and is the industrial anchor for the actual farm fields. So a 4x5 will get you the building and 4 tiles of farm fields (I'm not sure it would actually grow under that circumstance).
This is supposed to be a factory farm, and it should have a very large farm field.

Also, vanilla farms are pretty broken. The pseudo-intellectual tree hugger that originally designed the game learned everything he knows about farming from Mother Earth News. In SC4, farmers are low-brow knuckle draggers that poison the earth and flee for better climates if they have more than an elementary education.
If you want a successful farming community with a town that is not a slum, you will have to either grow the farms before the town, or use a mod such as CAM or the Peg farming mod (I forget the name). I think one of the Census Repositories might tweak the farming demand as well.

-Josh