• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

More Dynamic Street Lighting?

Started by jiffy427, February 28, 2015, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiffy427

So I've seen several images with enhanced lighting on the streets and highways and was wondering if it was one specific mod, or several different mods. I mean for all I know it's just good photoshop but I would really like something that adds better lighting and maybe a yellow-ish/orange tint to it.

found these images in the District of Wenzel Mayor Diary if that helps

MandelSoft

You are looking for the Uniform Street Light Mod (USL) or the Light Replacement Mod (LRM). Both are available on the STEX and both replace the looks of the street lights at night. However, the first one keeps the Maxis lamp posts while the second one replaces them with different models (there are several country-specific sets available).

Take your pick ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jiffy427

Quote from: MandelSoft on February 28, 2015, 03:07:17 PM
You are looking for the Uniform Street Light Mod (USL) or the Light Replacement Mod (LRM). Both are available on the STEX and both replace the looks of the street lights at night. However, the first one keeps the Maxis lamp posts while the second one replaces them with different models (there are several country-specific sets available).

Take your pick ;)

Best,
Maarten

Wow thanks so much! I remembered I had one of them on my old computer I just couldn't find it.. But thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

joshua43214

The last pic looks like it has the Dark Night mod installed, I can't make out the posts though.
I had the same odd rainbow effect with the Dark Night mod and the LRM.

I really like the LRM, so I took it over the Dark Night mod.

I had many issues with the Installer version. I suggest getting the set you want from Maarten's page at the STEX
http://community.simtropolis.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=183192

If you download the installer, it has a readme with pics for all the different styles. Just choose the set you like, then download that set from the STEX.