• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Another beautiful city -- looks like marvellous hiking country! You are very very good at crafting these old central European city centres and transitioning them into the countryside.  :thumbsup: And on a side note, is this city too small for a tram or is it not? ??? :P
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Hi feyss. If you are running windows 7, I recommend decreasing the available RAM. This does improve stability and makes saving the game far more reliable.

feyss

Hi everyone,

Here is a work-in-progress picture of another city: Alijstar. It is supposed to be a mix between Bruges, Amsterdam and Berlin  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: kbieniu7 on July 31, 2016, 01:07:32 PM
I know, how does it feel, when the game crashes  :angrymore: Nothing left, but to save as often as possible :(

Nice to see some work-in-progess. Talking about the episcopal palace - good to see a big square in front of it!
In my home town, Kraków, the World Youth Days has just ended. The Pope appeared in a window of Bishop's Palace, causing thousands of people to gather in front of it, waiting for him to speak to them. Once it was so crowded, that the Police closed all quarter, letting no more people in the area. So, you know, don't skimp open space here, in a case an important person make a visit in Arquennes! :P

Thanks! Yeah, there is going to be a little square juste before the palace. Since how devout are Polish people, it must have been crazy  :D

Quote from: korver on August 03, 2016, 07:29:23 PM
Nice work :) The layout and the building selection is superb. Looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

Thank you too!

Quote from: Themistokles on August 04, 2016, 12:24:37 PM
Another beautiful city -- looks like marvellous hiking country! You are very very good at crafting these old central European city centres and transitioning them into the countryside.  :thumbsup: And on a side note, is this city too small for a tram or is it not? ??? :P

Thank you. I like hiking IRL so I hope my sims enjoys it as well. Regarding the tram, the city has only a population of 15k for the moment. So I think a tramway there would be a little too much expensive for the municipality. And as you can see, I'm working on another city with a tramway.  ;)

Quote from: Vizoria on August 04, 2016, 04:39:02 PM
Hi feyss. If you are running windows 7, I recommend decreasing the available RAM. This does improve stability and makes saving the game far more reliable.

Thank you. I'm going to try that even if I think the problem comes from the corrupted city file  :)

Akallan

Finally you come out a new image! ;D The layout looks to me excellent, wait to see more! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

feyss

I just post one picture here, my entry for the traffic challenge on Simtropolis.

This picture features a bit of Alijstar. See that as an appetizer  :)

See you soon  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Akallan on August 12, 2016, 12:07:19 PM
Finally you come out a new image! ;D The layout looks to me excellent, wait to see more! :)

Thanks a lot for those kind words  ;)

Themistokles

You show a beautiful city, but very different from the mountainous Olsènes! There is only one thing I miss, and that is the pedestrians... Other than that: Splendid cityscape, as always! :) It shows that you have given thoughts to where different buildings go in relation to each other and how city space is crafted into public living space. :thumbsup:

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

Hello everyone! :)

I stopped playing on Olsènes, the city crashing all the time, which is a nightmare. I still plan to post some unfinished stuffs in a near future though.

So, I worked on a new city when I had the time during the holidays as shown with work in progress pictures: Alijstar. The city is inspired by Bruges, Amsterdam and Berlin with my little personal touch. So yeah, water will be everywhere.

Here are the first pictures:

18. ALIJSTAR - INTRO

1. The 'Liberty Square'. More details next time!

2. The city is known for its churches...

3. The most impressive one: the Cathedral

4. And one small mosaic for the end :)

That's enough for the moment, I hope you enjoyed it! More pictures soon ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Themistokles on August 23, 2016, 12:33:16 PM
You show a beautiful city, but very different from the mountainous Olsènes! There is only one thing I miss, and that is the pedestrians... Other than that: Splendid cityscape, as always! :) It shows that you have given thoughts to where different buildings go in relation to each other and how city space is crafted into public living space. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! I solved the problem, they even walk on the water...  :D As with my usual hilly landscapes, canals here are also a challenge for the city layout  :)

vinlabsc3k

I'm sorry for the inconvenience with the Olsénes, ()sad() but this new work is magnificent. &hlp

A little tip: the church in img. 2 is in mediterranean stile, you can use Brains church or Sainte-Croix church or St. Nicholas Church. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

manga rivotra

It's sad that you can't play Olsene anymore. I had corrupt files by the past, specially on big cities tiles, so i know that is very frustating. &mmm
But it's good that you continue and these new pics are great as always, specially the city layout, clean and inspiring. :thumbsup:

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

Nice work, really like the industrial building next to the canal in #2.   &apls

Also, vinlabsc3k, not all northern European buildings are drab by definition. Ever been to Copenhagen?  ;)

Anyway great work here, looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

ps: you are aware Robin recently made diagonal add-on for the SG CAL canals, right?!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vinlabsc3k

@Vortext: I wasn't referring to the color of the roof or walls but to the construction style (Romanesque instead of Gothic)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

Themistokles

Akallan

Excellent, I love the first picture! With the end of the canal and its car parks around, that's great! ;D
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

feyss

Hello guys! Thank you all for your enthusiasm  :thumbsup:

On an unrelated matter, I just worked recently on a recreation of Berlin for a Simtropolis challenge.

Here's the picture:

I might maybe work on that as a side project. Hope you like it  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 04, 2016, 10:38:52 PM
I'm sorry for the inconvenience with the Olsénes, ()sad() but this new work is magnificent. &hlp

A little tip: the church in img. 2 is in mediterranean stile, you can use Brains church or Sainte-Croix church or St. Nicholas Church. ;)

Thank you! Yeah, for the church, I just like to use all those I got in my plugins in my cities, whatever their style. Thanks for the links though  ;)

Quote from: manga rivotra on September 05, 2016, 05:57:13 AM
It's sad that you can't play Olsene anymore. I had corrupt files by the past, specially on big cities tiles, so i know that is very frustating. &mmm
But it's good that you continue and these new pics are great as always, specially the city layout, clean and inspiring. :thumbsup:

Thanks for those encouraging words!

Quote from: Simmer2 on September 05, 2016, 08:11:53 AM
Well done, bravo  &apls

Thank you too  :)

Quote from: vortext on September 05, 2016, 09:09:14 AM
Nice work, really like the industrial building next to the canal in #2.   &apls

Also, vinlabsc3k, not all northern European buildings are drab by definition. Ever been to Copenhagen?  ;)

Anyway great work here, looking forward to more.  :thumbsup:

ps: you are aware Robin recently made diagonal add-on for the SG CAL canals, right?!

Thanks for the kind words! I do like to use that kind of small industrial BATs in my city centres. I imagine those being used as expensive lofts  :) Regarding the canals, thanks for the advice. I knew it but I had already built that part of the city before they were released.

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 07, 2016, 08:29:20 AM
Excellent!

Thank you!

Quote from: Themistokles on September 07, 2016, 09:09:25 PM
Great update as usual! :)

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: Akallan on September 13, 2016, 11:42:52 AM
Excellent, I love the first picture! With the end of the canal and its car parks around, that's great! ;D

Thanks a lot! I love it too  :D

kbieniu7

Unfortunately I have never been to Berlin, so I cannot compare it with my experience :( But the shot is nice in terms of simcity4 standards ;)

Bad to hear, you've lost a city. Anyway, hope to see more from Alijstar - especially, the Liberty Square seems to be wonderful spot  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

feyss

One Work in progress picture from Alijstar.

it's my first use of those diagonal CAL canals from rsc204. I plan to use more of them where the city is not already built. I was also extending my concept of tree-lined avenue with those awesome parking lots to an urban motorway leading to a bridge over the planned harbour.

See you soon  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 01, 2016, 12:33:57 PM
Unfortunately I have never been to Berlin, so I cannot compare it with my experience :( But the shot is nice in terms of simcity4 standards ;)

Bad to hear, you've lost a city. Anyway, hope to see more from Alijstar - especially, the Liberty Square seems to be wonderful spot  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words. Of course, it's not perfect, there is no town hall for instance (the 'Rote Rathaus') because this building only exists as a Maxis landmark and looks ridiculously tiny  :D

Yeah the Liberty Square is kinda the heart of the city, so I wanted it to look prestigious.  :)

kbieniu7

This motorway looks like a murder on this beautiful urban area... Like it! So realistic!  ;D

I see a possibility for an improvement! The street going trough this small bridge with tramway line seems to be a busy route. Maybe the tram stop could be moved to be between one way roads? More space and more safe for the passengers ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!