• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

4 NAM request

Started by mcasta, July 16, 2009, 08:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasta

I hope this is the right place to post.
First, a sincere thanks to all who make the NAM,
Well I have 4 ideas for transportation that I like to see in the game.

1. This is what I find easier. They are two pieces of high road: 2x2 90º elevated road & 2x2 90º elevated one way road. I use pieces of elevated roads for bridges and highway interchanges, with the pieces 1x1 90º road and 1x1 90 º OWR. And the truth does not fit in a high speed enviroment because it is necessary to reduce the speed to turn. In the case of large vehicles is a big problem. Here a rudimentary picture I do:

2. This request I guess have happened before, wide curves and fraction angles for one way roads. No image.

3. I think this is the most original: place a single railroad over an avenue . It could be to use in low-frequency connections in urban areas, ports, service connections between rail workshops and stations, etc. I think it would be better with a single rail track because its don't deform the original lanes of the avenue.

4. The elevated highway is maxis a bit out of fashion these days. The idea is to put a elevated highway over railroad. I imagined two versions, one with 4 lines and another with 2. I read in this forum that is posible to run two paralel network if the aren't the same kind, so this and the single railroad over avenue could be technically posible, or not?

Well, that's it, I hope that you are interested in my ideas, and see them some day run.
Sorry for my english, mcasta

rooker1

Hmmmm.....some great ideas.
I really like the Elevated highway over two rail lines.  In my opinion the two lines on either side doesn't look right.
As for the other ideas.......not bad either.
We'll have to sit back and wait for our Transit Guru.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

io_bg

Good ideas! Especially number 1 and 2, they are some thing I would really want to see in SC4!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sithlrd98

Quote from: mcasta on July 16, 2009, 08:44:45 AM
2. This request I guess have happened before, wide curves and fraction angles for one way roads. No image.

This one is actually pretty close , at least for the OneWay curves:
Quote from: Tarkus on June 06, 2009, 01:42:49 PM
Might as well let this cat out of the bag . . . some of you may have already seen these . . .

They still need a little tweaking before they're ready, though.

-Alex

The first idea may be easy to implement once these are released.(In theory at least :D)

Jayson

delta9

All that's really preventing more elevated stuff from being released (and miscellaneous current diagonal elevated pieces from being fixed) is a lack of enough people that can model the stuff.  The only thing like 3D modeling experience I have is working in Valve Hammer Editor, working on Counter Strike levels.  Perhaps I should try to pick it up.  I'm an ambitious guy but I tend to bite off way more than I can chew, much less even fit in my mouth $%Grinno$%

miggoycor

Ohhh...  :o

I'm imagining the freight stations for those things... (Possibly overhanging)
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887