• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

I believe what you're referring to is the MIS (modular interchange system), which is a component of the RHW.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

tr0ub1es0me

ok, that's what i thought. thanks! i may look at trying out the RHW mod one day.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

j-dub

Quote from: TarkusThis is the intersection of NE 50th Street with NE Von Neumann Way, just north of the Highway 60 interchange.  It is currently the only access to the Midland Hi-Tech Park and, as you can tell in the pic, it is quite severly congested (facing north).

It seems all the congestion is in the left lane. Looks like there is enough room to do a road ramp, and overpass here instead of a light, but in reality, I suppose thats out of the question.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

My apologies for the lack of updates lately--RL and modding has been taking most of my time lately, but Tarkusian Cities is still alive . . .

Here's a look at things to come--an incomplete but nearly full map of the entire Los Endos region, which I've uploaded onto GmapUploader.  There's still quite a few things that need labeling, but it should give you some idea.  The big yellowish thing toward the top is the Hephaestus Crater, in case you're wondering.

TDOT will commence construction shortly . . . thank you again for all the continued support and the great comments--I'll be getting back to them when construction starts up again. :)

-Alex

Battlecat

That map is awesome, I didn't even know such a thing existing.  I'm going to have to look into that little chunk of software! 

bakerton

Alex, what a cool looking map. looking forward to more TDOT construction. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

City Builder

Sorry to intrude with my question...

In a couple screen shots I notice that it appears that when you lay down roads they first start off as dirt paths and then the bulldozers come along and turn them into proper roads.  Is this a plugin that allows that?

Or is it that you had dirt roads to begin with and then went over them with proper roads?
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

woodb3kmaster

If I may, I'll answer City Builder's question.

Alex (Tarkus) uses the Street Addon Mod (SAM), which allows players to retexture the in-game streets with any one of eight different texture sets. Two of those sets are dirt street textures. Alex simply laid down streets along his construction sites and used one of these texture sets to make it look more like road construction is going on. The SAM is available on the LEX here.

That map looks terrific, Alex! I just might have to take advantage of that website in the not-too-distant future.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

dedgren

Another super map, Alex.  I'm going to have to learn how to use Gmap.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BigSlark

That's a great map, Alex. I'm thoroughly impressed with your MD'ing and city building skills.

Quote from: dedgren on July 27, 2009, 10:28:19 PM
Another super map, Alex.  I'm going to have to learn how to use Gmap.

David

David, at some point in time well over a year ago, I sent you a link to one of the giant 3RR maps that I uploaded into gmap. I'll try to find the link to send to you again...

Cheers,
Kevin

TmiguelT

What an awesome map you got there alex  :o.... Truly impressive there my friend.

RickD

Impressive map!
I am wondering what this is. It looks interesting:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Ramona Brie

I must bow down to you. This is amazing.

I wish there were some sort of artificial-intelligence version of you I could have open while I play SimCity so that I get tips on making my street layout better. I use 6x6 avenue grids in my big cities (prototypes do have some 2-lane roads). I even have some RHW and a unique interchange that could use your touch. (It was a T interchange extended into a 4-way but rather incomplete. An RHW-4 and RHW-6S meet.)

I am also working on a little something for you...what are the big cities in the Tarkusian collection again? Los Endos, Argentium...

bat

EDGE4194

nice job alex! it's nice to finally see the entire map.  &apls

Jmouse

Terrific job on the map, Alex, but no surprise - you've always been good at making them. :) Looking forward to seeing construction start up again.

Later...

Joan

gozac123

Is it just me or are alot of your Cities named after famous prog rock musicians? Emerson, Lake, Palmer. Chris Squire etc,  Nice job Tarkus  :satisfied:

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Well, Tarkusian Cities is back again with another update finally.  Going to take a little break from construction to ease back into things, by looking at some of the development that has gone in on the north side of Lenox.

And before we get to that, I'd like to finally reveal the "on the map" rewards for Dustin (thundercrack83) and nerdly_dood, our 700th and 800th posters, respectively.

In the Broadvine area, east of Los Endos, you'll find Highway 81, the Thundercrack Highway.

And near Lenox, in a newer high tech area northeast of downtown, you'll find Nerdly Lane, which is due to be extended east as part of a future city/county cooperative project.

To the north of Nerdly Lane on the above map, you'll find Maridia Way, which will be the focus of this update. 

This area, which is generically just referred to as "North Lenox" by locals, is a relatively well-off area, near the Lenox Woods Golf Course (at the corner of Brinstar and Maridia). 

Maridia Way is also horribly congested, as you'll see in these pics.

Looking south toward the golf course, just west of the Brinstar intersection.

Looking north at the northern edge of the course.  You can see the traffic just stacking up.

Looking south at a North Lenox neighborhood.

Looking north out of the neighborhood toward the Maridia Way/Wheatstone Terrace roundabout.  As you can see, North Lenox has a small commercial district, containing a La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery.  There is also a grocery store just to the east.

Finally, a couple close-ups of the Maridia/Wheatstone roundabout, both facing east.

That does it for this latest update.  I'll be back with replies in a bit, and if all goes to plan, a new update sometime this week.

-Alex