• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

modular universitys?

Started by l.h., June 04, 2007, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Try sending a PM to the creator here or at Simtrop.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Gaston

I think the creator might have pulled these off.   I PM'd him/her over at Simtropolis and after quite some time got a response.   I seem to remember they to looked for the missing props but couldn't find them.   That was quite some time ago.    I don't recall what ever became of my inquiry over there.    If you search over there for the same topic I believe you will find the thread where I asked about it.    In the mean time I'll look for that PM over there and see if there was any else that came out of it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

woodb3kmaster

As the creator of that pack, I can confirm that I removed it from the STEX after discovering that several dependencies for it have disappeared from the STEX. They're still available elsewhere, if you know where to look for them, but I don't want to make people search for them, as I don't expect the average person to want to go to all that trouble. I don't know if I will ever refurbish the old lots so that they only use commonly-available dependencies.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

SC4BOY

Once upon a time I dl'd at least one other university that had been made modular from the STEX.. its been some time and I haven't used in in some time either.. it was rather simpler than woodb3kmaster's .. more along the line of a chopped up Maxis one that could be used as a modular instead of the required XxY layout of the maxis one. This was to avoid it having to be the fixed size and to help with the "megalot crime issue". It had the same stats and function as the Maxis one as I recall (one active building and the rest were eyecandy) I don't know what or if I still have it.. perhaps I'll rummage through some stuff I had on another PC.

Gaston

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on November 05, 2009, 05:56:15 PM
As the creator of that pack, I can confirm that I removed it from the STEX after discovering that several dependencies for it have disappeared from the STEX. They're still available elsewhere, if you know where to look for them, but I don't want to make people search for them, as I don't expect the average person to want to go to all that trouble. I don't know if I will ever refurbish the old lots so that they only use commonly-available dependencies.
If you have a list of where to get the dependencies and would be willing to post it, I am sure at least a few of us would go out and attempt to find them.     I still love this university.   It has a lot of character.    Each building looks like it was built at a different time.   That is exactly the the university I went to was bulit.   Some of it is old and some new.   I like that.     As I got the dependencies I would be willing to post links as well.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09