• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Mapper : Trouble at launch

Started by Quesh, January 08, 2008, 07:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quesh

First, thanks for all tools wouanagaine they are very good :thumbsup:
But I have never been able to operate SC4Mapper, the problem is the following:

• I run program
  • The splash screen appears
  • And there's nothing, apparently the tool continues to operate in the process, but the interface never arrives &mmm

Here is the log that it creates every time :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1006, in OnClose
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 1009, in ShowMain
  File "SC4MapApp.pyo", line 278, in __init__
UnicodeDecodeError: 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode byte 0x5c in position 2: \ at end of string

PS: I use the last version of SC4Mapper and I have a PC with Windows XP SP2

wouanagaine

Can you please :
-give me the full pathname to SC4Mapper from the root of the harddrive
-give me the full pathname to MyDoc\Simcity4 from the root of the harddrive

And make sure you have the latest version, as I suspect I have already fix a bug like this

Take care

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Quesh

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 09, 2008, 12:33:28 AM
-give me the full pathname to SC4Mapper from the root of the harddrive

D:\SimCity 4\SC4Mapper

-give me the full pathname to MyDoc\Simcity4 from the root of the harddrive

D:\SimCity 4

The folder "My Documents" is on other disk that Windows, ie "D:"  ;)

And make sure you have the latest version, as I suspect I have already fix a bug like this

Yes I'm Absolutely sure  ;)

wouanagaine

Can you test with SC4Mapper beeing in program files instead of 'My Documents'?
And also did you properly install SC4 or moved/copied files to D:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Quesh

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 09, 2008, 05:48:49 AM
Can you test with SC4Mapper beeing in program files instead of 'My Documents'?

I tested by installing the tool in "Program Files", however, there is always the same mistake  &mmm

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 09, 2008, 05:48:49 AMAnd also did you properly install SC4 or moved/copied files to D:

I install properly this tool, no moved or copied  &mmm

You have already encountered this error?
If so, it was because of what?

wouanagaine

-Je vais chercher des infos dans la base de registre, qui ne sont pas inscrite si tu as copié au lieu d'installer
- Il y a des problemes avec l'unicode/python et le caractere '\'  que j'essaie visiblement en vain de regler.
-Visiblement l'utilisation de Vista augmente ce genre de probleme

-I'm looking for info into registery base, which are not set if you've not installed the game
-There are some bugs with unicode/python and the '\' character, which I'm still trying to figure how to get rid of

New Horizons Productions

SIM CITY 4 RUSH HOUR

Oui regarder l'image suivante dans ma session nommée SIM CITY 4 sous Windows Vista 32 bits et qui comme vous pouvez le voir j'ai déplacer le dossier Documents équivalent de Mes documents, sur un autres dossiers que celui users du ou des compte(s), dossiers des Utilisateurs ici il s'agit du disque dur E:\ dossier E:\SIM CITY 4\Documents mais ça peut être le disque dur C:\ avec un nom de dossier sans caractère spéciaux bien sur si c'est ça qui bloque alors!

Cordialement SIM CITY 4 RUSH HOUR

wouanagaine

Si tu as deplacé 'Documents' en utilisant 'clic droit sur Documents/propriete/onglet Emplacement' ca devrait etre ok. Dans le cas contraire ca peut expliquer les problemes

New Horizons Productions

Quesh

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 12, 2008, 01:22:04 AM
- Je vais chercher des infos dans la base de registre, qui ne sont pas inscrite si tu as copié au lieu d'installer
- Il y a des problemes avec l'unicode/python et le caractere '\'  que j'essaie visiblement en vain de regler.

-I'm looking for info into registery base, which are not set if you've not installed the game
-There are some bugs with unicode/python and the '\' character, which I'm still trying to figure how to get rid of

C'est des problèmes de chemin comme par exemple c:\\ .... ?
Je m'y connais pas beaucoup mais j'ai déjà eu des problèmes semblables avec des listes de lecture et j'ai remplacé le "\" par un "/" et cela à marcher à mon grand étonnement  :o

That way problems such as c:"\"\"Program files"\" .... ?
I will not know a lot, but I had similar problems with reading lists and have replaced the "\" by a "/" and it was good to my amazement: o

wouanagaine

Yes, internally in the code I'm using '/' instead of the double \\. But it looks like there is a special case somewhere in the code that I've overlook

New Horizons Productions

Imhotep

Salut à tous! J'ai exactement le même probleme que Quesh, et j'aimerais savoir si vous l'avez resolu...(et si oui, comment...). Merci

Hi! I have exactly the same bug as Quesh, et and I just want to know if you got the solution... Thanks

City Builder

I just switched to Vista 32bit and have the same issue.

The splash screen arrives but nothing else but the application process keeps running in task manager

My installation is:
Simcity 4: D:\SimCity 4
SC4Mapper: d:\SimCity 4\3rd Party Programs\SC4Mapper

I just downloaded this version off of the file exchange here on SC4devotion so I assume I have the latest one.

I have also uninstalled it, and reinstalled it to the default directory of C:\Program Files\SC4Mapper
But it produces the same thing.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Trackman20

I'm having the exact same problem citybuilder.

I'm running Windows Vista 32 Bit.

C:/SC4Utilities/SC4Mapper

When I open the application I see the NHP Intro and then it all disappears.  The process is running on my task manager...but I can't use it.  Any suggestions?!

City Builder

The only suggestion I can make until the author of the program figures out what's going on (if he wants to that is) is to use the sc4terraformer it will open up the sc4map files anyway, but of course doesn't do it as quickly and easily as the SC4Mapper program does.  It's what I've been doing until there is an update in windows or with the program to fix the problem with it.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

wouanagaine

There is almost 0 chance I'll fix it, as my laptop has been stolen with the source code :(

The only fix is that you don't have a starting 'N' or 'U' or 'T' ( case insensitive ) in your windows account, so that your 'My Documents' folder won't contain a \n or \u or \t in the full folder path

New Horizons Productions

Trackman20

Quote from: wouanagaine on April 15, 2008, 11:39:51 PM
There is almost 0 chance I'll fix it, as my laptop has been stolen with the source code :(

The only fix is that you don't have a starting 'N' or 'U' or 'T' ( case insensitive ) in your windows account, so that your 'My Documents' folder won't contain a \n or \u or \t in the full folder path

I apologize for my lack of intelligence on this issue, but I'm not sure what that means. 

wouanagaine

What is your username on Windows ?

New Horizons Productions

Trackman20

It's just my name..........there are no N's, U's, or T's in my name.

ScottFTL

Quote from: wouanagaine on April 15, 2008, 11:39:51 PM

So SC4Mapper will not work for anyone running Vista because My Documents has been changed to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents so there is always a \U in the full folder path.

Luckily, SC4Terraformer runs just fine under Vista.

wouanagaine

SC4Mapper works under Vista, my laptop was under Vista, and SC4Mapper ran fine on it

So it may be just \t or \n , don't remember as I can't read the sources anymore :(

New Horizons Productions