• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldaldo

Nice update.  I love that lighthouse, which bat is it?

Also, I choose historic robinsim.

sunv123

Development Pics

Working on the seafront in Robinsim. Learning how to get the hang of MMPing. I think it turned out okay, still a lot to learn, though. Girafe, you rule flora!

Working on a beach. This might be the only one in Robinsim, the rest will probably have seawalls. Still learning with MMP.

Evil, a growth INDUSTRY

Just development pics to keep you waiting. Put in your votes as quickly as possible, it ends on the 12th! So stay tuned guys, you're the reason why I made a MD, it was all for you guys to look at. Seeya! Replies will be in the next update. ;D

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

nbvc

Swordmaster

Let's have all of these options, shall we? No need to limit yourself here.

Let's go.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Okay.... Voting has ENDED!

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 12, 2013, 04:50:00 AM

Let's go.

Cheers
Willy
All of them are winners! They will most likely be split into many parts for your convenience. :)

Updates will be coming up! Just can't tell you the date. ;)

noahclem

Great work man! You're MMPing is going great and you've managed to pick out a fine selection of MMPs to use. And indeed, Girafe is something else with the flora. Way to go on the lighthouse and industry as well and I'm glad you'll be tackling all of the options you mentioned in the poll (that I missed  :'( )

sim_link

Stunning work... really! ;D Those trees look amazing, and the people are a nice touch.

sunv123

Thanks for the comments guys, replies will be in the next update, but that's not what this announcement is about. :D It seems like I have, um gotten a little off track, I got really exited about SC4 Mapper 2013, and got a little varied away with it, that's why I have a big gap between updates, fun has got the best of me. :P Don't worry, as soon as a download all the maps, I'll get back to work. (Not literally all the maps.) Thanks to all that come here! ;D

Swordmaster

Fun is always a valid excuse. However, why not show what you're doing. Don't get stuck into some rut while you're actually enjoying something else. You can always change or expand the title of your MD. . .

I'm a big fan of "maps for maps' sake". I think I've downloaded and created 95% of Dobdriver's maps and I always take a peek at how certain features look in the game, with different terrain mods. In fact, I even thought of starting an MD showing different regions simultaneously some time back, sort of a map-oriented MD.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Since i don't want to leave this MD completely updateless for the time being, a pew Pics make make up for it.

Testing out some of marczar's rowhouses. They look pretty nice! ;D

Work on the Downtown. Needs more art-deco and maybe a few Gothic style buildings.

The best for last. Still learning how to master MMP. ;) Seems like I took it at the wrong time though, the flowers are blooming! :P

Now for the happiest moment of an update.........

Replies

Quote from: Schulmanator on January 06, 2013, 03:12:29 PM
That's a great lighthouse!

And I pick B.
Thanks! All of them were winners, courtesy of Swordmaster! ;D

Quote from: rooker1 on January 08, 2013, 06:37:43 AM
Great work on that Light house island!!

Robin
Thanks, Robin! ;D

Quote from: eldaldo on January 08, 2013, 11:24:06 AM
Nice update.  I love that lighthouse, which bat is it?

Also, I choose historic robinsim.
Thanks! ;D Here's a link to the lighthouse.

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26403-bodie-island-lighthouse/

Quote from: nbvc on January 11, 2013, 11:47:09 PM
Nice work with the lighthouse and the seafront. :thumbsup:
Thanks! ;D

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 12, 2013, 04:50:00 AM

Let's go.

Cheers
Willy
Okay! All it is! ;D

Quote from: noahclem on January 15, 2013, 04:47:02 PM
Great work man! You're MMPing is going great and you've managed to pick out a fine selection of MMPs to use. And indeed, Girafe is something else with the flora. Way to go on the lighthouse and industry as well and I'm glad you'll be tackling all of the options you mentioned in the poll (that I missed  :'( )
He is. Almost 80% of the MMPs I use in game and in pics are from Girafe. He's more like a God than a son. Thanks for visiting! ;D
Quote from: sim_link on January 15, 2013, 05:28:51 PM
Stunning work... really! ;D Those trees look amazing, and the people are a nice touch.
Thanks! Glad that you liked my MMPing! ;D

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 16, 2013, 05:51:24 AM
Fun is always a valid excuse. However, why not show what you're doing. Don't get stuck into some rut while you're actually enjoying something else. You can always change or expand the title of your MD. . .

I'm a big fan of "maps for maps' sake". I think I've downloaded and created 95% of Dobdriver's maps and I always take a peek at how certain features look in the game, with different terrain mods. In fact, I even thought of starting an MD showing different regions simultaneously some time back, sort of a map-oriented MD.

Cheers
Willy
I have taken note of your idea, it is a good idea to show what i'm doing. :)

About that MD, it would be nice to have! I'd love to see how you have used those regions! ;D

That's it for today...... oh wait! We are having our first snow this season on Thursday night, so i will be sure to include some pics of that. Maybe even a snow filled update! 1-3 inches of snow expected, not too much for some northerners, but surely enough when 2012 was the hottest recorded year ever in the US. :thumbsdown:

Seeya!

noahclem

That's some great work  &apls  Excellent MMPing! On a minor note, you may want to consider a sidewalk mod where you won't have those small areas of grass in a few places  :thumbsup:

Dantes

I see a lot of good ideas.  :thumbsup: You build very creative and yet realistic.   :)

Great work!  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Weather!!!!

Hi again, it's me. As I said, it snowed on Thursday, Jan 17 and some real nasty weather came in. Actually, not too nasty for some. Most of the Highways that I travel on were clogged from accidents and that gave me some ideas....... But that's not the point. I checked out the new Jupiter Weather mod and so far, it's amazing! (i'll give links at the end of the update.) It's a whole new world to Simcity, but it makes my game CTD way too much, so i only took a few shots. I might post one of a tornado if i can catch one. Just wait and see. ;)

Sorry about the grid, i'll fix it later.

Replies will be in the next update.

Jupiter Weather Mod: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2883

Swordmaster

Marczar is the king of rowhouses, but I don't think these sidewalks fit in any way. Not your fault, of course. I would in any case use longer blocks. Good MMPing going on, one of my tricks is that I've resized almost every prop out there to get them the way I want them. I'm not a fan of plop water but hey, that doesn't look too bad I think.

I like the weather, but the actual waterfront catches my attention. Not too bad!

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Weather!!!! Part 2!

Yeah, that's not it. I promised for a tornado, and you'll see it. For real. ;) Plus, I added a few more pics.......

Starting from the first ones, Caught some Lightning.

Now few tornado pics. (No cheats used in any of these or any of the ones in this update.)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

Replies

Quote from: noahclem on January 16, 2013, 04:13:15 PM
That's some great work  &apls  Excellent MMPing! On a minor note, you may want to consider a sidewalk mod where you won't have those small areas of grass in a few places  :thumbsup:
Thanks, Noah! I looked around the STEX and couldn't find one that would do that, so i think that we'll have to live with this one... for now.

Quote from: Dantes on January 19, 2013, 09:38:45 AM
I see a lot of good ideas.  :thumbsup: You build very creative and yet realistic.   :)

Great work!  :thumbsup:
Thanks so much! :3 I'm glad that you think that it's realistic! ^v^

Quote from: Swordmaster on January 19, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
Marczar is the king of rowhouses, but I don't think these sidewalks fit in any way. Not your fault, of course. I would in any case use longer blocks. Good MMPing going on, one of my tricks is that I've resized almost every prop out there to get them the way I want them. I'm not a fan of plop water but hey, that doesn't look too bad I think.

I like the weather, but the actual waterfront catches my attention. Not too bad!

Cheers
Willy
Thanks, Willy! I have to admit, they don't at all. I guess they fit in suburbs, but not in a downtown. ()sad() I think that the NY slab would fit, but not really for suburbs. I guess i'm in a Pandora's Box. ;)

Keep on the lookout for a thing that's coming here! Something to do with an "update". ;)

metarvo

Having some beaches is always a plus in a coastal setting IMHO.  Yours looks especially inviting, even though I'm more the cold-weather type.  On that note, you've used the snow effect well in the weather updates.  I haven't gotten around to using the weather mod yet, although I have downloaded it.

I don't see too many Wal-Marts in MDs, so it's refreshing to see one here.  In my area, the popular definition of a city or neighborhood as big or small depends on the presence or absence of several businesses, with Wal-Mart being the main one.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MTT9

Now thats a snow storm! Love the first pic from the previews update. Should definitely visit your MD more often :)
You can call me Matt

Schulmanator

Awesome! Now I feel like nestling somewhere with hot chocolate!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

At the sight of the pictures I will be very cold. Great pictures with the new Mod.

noahclem

Great work with the weather effects  &apls  The snow in particular looks great  :thumbsup: