• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Krasner BAT thread

Started by Krasner, September 08, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Quote from: Girafe on February 10, 2017, 12:44:03 AM
Something that MDer will surely appreciate is the possibility to that the base texture of the LOT is matching the sidewalk in the plugin folder. It allows to have uniformity in between sidewalk system and LOTs which is highly appreciated by MDers.

The idea is to have a flat props (which was modded in a way that the texture was removed and will automatically take the texture from the sidewalk installed in plugin folder). I am far from understanting the full process but our friend Vortext could help  ;)

For basic models there is no need to do anything special here. Just use one of the Maxis Sidewalk base textures on the lot and provided a suitable override is installed, this happens automatically. However if you need such flat-plane 3D models (RKT0) for the purpose, I have a bunch you can use.

romualdillo

Fantastic work! Your attention to the last detail is stunning. The electric (or telephone) wires are a great touch! And the textures you use look really good. In my humble opinion they're almost perfect, I like the faded colours and the dirt. It makes everything look more realistic. Also the window textures seem real, but I think they look too flat compared to the rest of the building. Do you model the frames? If you don't, I would consider modelling them, and if you do, they should be deeper. What do you think?  &Thk/(
As manga rivotra, I love "Le Kiosque". It really catched my eye the first time I saw it. And the abandoned restaurant is a great idea perfectly executed.

Your buidings make me think of this  :D:

See you!  &apls

vortext

Awesome work, thanks so much for sharing!  &apls  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Krasner

@vester Thank you Vester  ;D Concerning the wires in fact it is usually extruded splines, because I have a lot of time to lose. You are quite right about the general shine of it on this model, I used the same texture for these wires through all of my work since a while without thinking about that. Image editing is far more convenient or this kind of things, I started learning more about it. Thanks to you (and to some others also !) for guiding me to this eolution of practice  :thumbsup:

@Sciurus Thank you again Guillaume  :thumbsup: I've noted also that my wor goes quite well with yours.

@bombardiere Thank you bomardiere  ;D Well I'm happy also, that those fit your needs.

@matias93 Thank you matias93, also for that Google maps link  ;D It's always nice to discover some other urban ambiances  :popcorn: I will consider to make a C$ add-on to go with these four models soon, that should have been made before.

@Tyberius06 Now I'm pleased to satisfy the other's tastes  ;D

@manga rivotra Thank you  ;D I'm happy to please the people.

@FrankU Thanks to you also FrankU  ;D

@GirafeThank you Girafe  ;D By the way I did like mgb204 said, the more simple way, normally it adapts to any sidewalk mod.

@romuladillo Thank you romualdillo  $%Grinno$% And thanks for that GIF, it's a nice reference. I'm happy to read someone mentionning the textures because I spent quite a lot of time on them. Most of it is from photos of mine, so indeed the windows are real  :D, on those four models it's simply edited photos applied on planes. I changed my mind about this method quite recently so now I preferentially model the frames and also the inside.

@vortext Thank you ! I will try to share my models more rapidly in the future, I still have many things waiting for the final touch.

Today I made, let's say a "reinterpretation" of a small mattress manufactory located at the rue Ravier in the South part of Lyon. There are not much interesting stuff in this district but the name of the company sounded so surrealistic ("Matelas Univers", "Universe Mattresses" in English) that I wanted to reproduce it. I still have bigger projects in the making but this one could come out very soon as a C$ and Indsutrial 1X2 lot. I didn't exported it yet so advices are welcome  ;)

The dark, rugged walls are completely intended to seem dark and rugged as it is "mâchefer" (I could'nt find any accurate translation to english  :-[), which is an ancestor of concrete composed of lime, ashes from coal or even from waste and sometimes a little bit of sand. It's a very common material in the buildings of my region from 1880 to 1930 more or less, and Lyon is claimed by some historians, also because of its extensive use of rammed earth in architecture for centuries, to be one of the birthplaces of modern concrete. I took my mâchefer textures in this street : https://www.google.fr/maps/@45.7681783,4.8728004,3a,75y,214.46h,88.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shS9RIoY3m6jUGec_aJc5PA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

::)

ANARCHIST !!

JP Schriefer

Some very nice buildings you've been doing! I like especially the roof in the last one :)

Sciurus

Oh really about my BATs ? I want a pic $%Grinno$%
Anyway, very nice building. And about the darkness of the texture, maybe it's because the dark background too. Could you try on a white background ?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

korver

Awesome work. I agree with Schriefer, that roof texture looks incredible! :thumbsup:

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Krasner

@Schriefer Thank you Schriefer  :) I have not much virtue with this particular roof, it's simply a slightly darkened texture I found on textures.com a while ago.

@Sciurus Thanks Guillaume  ;D You may understand what I mean if you look at some pictures from the last entry of my MD  ;) I see what you mean about the background, it's true that this uniform black background changes, to some extent, the general feeling on the models. I always feel like they look nicer on that neutral background, it's kind of annoying.

@korver Thank you too korver  ;D

@Simmer2 Thank you  ;D

The Matelas Univers manufactory is now available on Toutsimcities.com.

You can get it there : https://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads/view/3305

It's full-HD as usual. I made three different versions : C$ Growable in every tileset, Landmark without jobs and Landmark with I-M jobs. Feel free to re-lot it the way you like and to share your re-lot anywhere you want :) Read-me is in both French and English, there are no dependencies needed. Unfortunatelly I wasn't careful about the depth of the shed, so it doesn't fit the more common sidewalk width standard. Sorry for that  &mmm
ANARCHIST !!

kbieniu7

Wow, whole they have their own entire universe inside?  :shocked2: Indeed a funny name ;) The model is great, good job!  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Krasner

@kbieniu7 Well, I imagine that sleeping on those mattresses certainly drives you to universe-revealing dreams  :D Thank you by the way !

Just a quick update about my upcomming prop-pack. As I said, a few weeks ago, it will include around 20 graves, with around 40 other props which will be used in some other forthcomming projects (including my modular cemetery, and also a small pack of early 20th century suburb houses). There's still two fence props and a small guinguette (a small outdoor restaurant usually found on wharfs) to do and it will be it :)

I'm quite happy with the small hearse, which was my first attempt in vehicle creation. I'm not sure to include the telephone pylons in the pack, there are not really a success to me, I don't really know how to make them easily usable for players.
ANARCHIST !!

Silur

This is for me 100%. I like it. Thank You  :)

And this is my style -  I work hardly from 2004, but ZERO on finish ....

Rural graves - excellent objects for my Santana Island  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Krasner

@Silur Oh, thanks ! I'm happy to know that these props could fit to other environments according to you, it was still very (to much ?) french to me. By the way from the few images you showed here and there, I love your work  ;D Feels like something quite unexplored by MDers. You don't have a MD somewhere already ?

Today, just an even smaller update, the twelve new props I made from Monday to today, next step is my BATed unicellular amoebae project. On ST @matias93 observed that mausoleums were'nt yet an explored topic. So I made one, slightly a recreation of a noticable one found in a small cemetery near my home. I plan to make an other big mausolea but I'm still looking for inspiration  :) Following an other suggestion @matias93 did, I made two small devices of those stacked, public-housing-like sarcophagi.

Greetings  :satisfied:
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

Your prop pack is shaping up quite nicely!!

Love the textures.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

korver

That's quite an interesting + unique prop pack, lots of stuff that's been sorely lacking in SC4 for a long time. Looking forward to putting it to use and seeing what sort of new scenes are possible. Great work all around so far :)

vortext

Yes mausoleums and the like would be welcome indeed!  :thumbsup:

Other props look great, too! &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Silur

Quote from: Krasner on March 15, 2017, 03:38:45 PM
@Silur Oh, thanks ! I'm happy to know that these props could fit to other environments according to you, it was still very (to much ?) french to me. By the way from the few images you showed here and there, I love your work  ;D Feels like something quite unexplored by MDers. You don't have a MD somewhere already ?

I do not have enough time to work with MD now. I'll try to do it in the future. The work is ongoing. Thank You and Good luck.

Krasner

@Simmer2 Thanks  :)

@korver Thanks you too ! I'm really curious to see how my work could be used by other players  ;D

@vortext Well I made some more mausoleums (two or three, I can't remember) so I hope these will please you too  ;)

@Silur Take your time to publish it nicely so  :)

I got some advice on Simtropolis about some of my textures being too dark, it's true that this is still a recurring defect in my work and others already mentioned it. 'll try to do better, but yet unfortunately it's no more possible to fix that on the concerned props as I can't find some of the original models and the keeper house gmax file got corrupt  :-[ I made some basic mistakes in the first exports so I've been exporting this very same model several times, I guess it's an explanation for that corruption.

Anyway I just have to datpack these props (82 now !) and it will come out. As soon as possible  :)

So as the props are finished since tomorrow I came back to that old factory puzzle ! It's moving forward quickly  ;D I will add to that one or two wall props, filler lots, make it clean and presentable. It's pure eye-candy without jobs for now. Here are some previews ;

I reproduced the weird lettering of the logo of this car workshop of my neighborhood which is about to be demolished. There was a huge plant behind, quite similar to mine, which got destroyed recently.

ANARCHIST !!

praiodan

Great idea and really nice work! But I think you should reconsider the texture of the flat roof part of porche n. 2 as it looks very... well, coarse and strangely scaled.

noahclem

Exciting stuff! Love the HD details in all these and this kind of modular factory set will be extremely useful. Keep up the great work  &apls