• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Yepp, RHW 3 has only the basic supports. By-the-way I could appreciate one day RHW 3 D1 and E1 ramps (I think this one is where the network drops or picks up lanes after/before the ramp - RHW3 --->RAMP ----> RHW 2 and the opposite.)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Seaman

Quote from: Tyberius06 on September 07, 2018, 11:06:42 AM
Yepp, RHW 3 has only the basic supports. By-the-way I could appreciate one day RHW 3 D1 and E1 ramps (I think this one is where the network drops or picks up lanes after/before the ramp - RHW3 --->RAMP ----> RHW 2 and the opposite.)

As far as I know, those have been on the list for quite some time now  ;)

eggman121

Sorry for the late silence...

Anyway, About the bridges. The issue pertaining the RRW Bridges is due to errors in the IID allocation. I am fixing up the bridges to standard and should have the tweaking finished not before too long.

Part of the early modding which involved bridges involve errors in my work.

Bridge building as in Modeling is no easy task and my misunderstanding weaved itself into the modding that I did.

I will talk with my colleagues if a patch can be made for the RRW bridges.

Thanks for your patience.

-eggman121

Seaman

I have some trouble on one of my intersections. One leg seems to be out of order and traffic can't go through. I might have narrowed it down to this pathing oddity, but my knowledge is insufficient to see wether there's an issue or not. It's the pathing on the diagonal MIS height transition. Can this be the reason to block the connection? Comments, anyone?

Tarkus

That does indeed look like a path is backward of what is supposed to be.  I have to head to work in a few minutes, but will check it out once I get back.

-Alex

eggman121

Hi Seaman

Try this patch and see if it corrects the issue.

Put the patch in the "Z_NAM" folder

-eggman121

Seaman

That was fast! I'll check it as soon as I'm back at home in a couple of hours. Thx for the effort!

Seaman

Quote from: eggman121 on September 10, 2018, 05:09:57 PM
Hi Seaman

Try this patch and see if it corrects the issue.

Put the patch in the "Z_NAM" folder

-eggman121

Thx! that fixed it.

eggman121

You are most welcome Seaman :thumbsup:

For those wondering I have fixed up the Real Railway Bridges I made. Errors on my part with the IID allocation.

I am happy to PM people with a .zip with the intention of testing but I would be keen to make a simple patch installer for the bridges.

I will investigate today.

-eggman121/ (Stephen)

mattb325

Thanks for all of your hard work (I know how many reps need to be changed  :o)

Tyberius06

Hi!

It's not really an issue, rather a request. I'm making a kind of special lot, where the tram tracks by default at the edge of the lot go underground connect to the underground TRAM network as on the attached picture. I would like to ask the path IID for the Tram underpass ramp (for all three tiles of course), or at least some kind of guidance which part of the NAM folder I can locate the relevant path for that plain GLR goes underground ramp.

Thanks in advance.

- Tyberius

EDIT: The wrong paths direction where the tracks are splitting already fixed... - now, the paths are fixed on the second pic
EDIT 2: Can the tram UDI use the basic FLUP routes under pedmall, than connect with the TRAM under Road/AVE network? - yes, it works - tested
EDIT 3: I forgot to mention this last night, but is that normal, that the Underground TRAM Puzzle Pieces don't have euro road texture version, just the US double line?

EDIT 4: Thanks to CasperVG, now I have the path codes and managed to put them into use. (second picture)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

City_Slider

Hello,

after installing the new NAM the Game wont Start. I see the Intro, can selekt a Region, can pick a Town... and thats all. The Game is frozen and i need to close it via Task Manager.

Version is 116400.

Thanks for Help.

City_Slider

I just tryed Version 30. Same Problem. Btw, Win 7 Ultimate is running.

Tarkus

Here's a few questions that may help in terms of diagnosing what's happening with your system:

1) What are your system specs?  Knowing your CPU and (especially) amount of RAM would be quite helpful.
2) Have you installed any other SC4 mods/plugins recently?
3) Have you installed any sort of Windows update or device driver update (i.e. graphics card driver) recently?

If it's crashing with both NAM 36 and NAM 30, that would tend to point to an issue that isn't (directly) NAM-related.

-Alex

City_Slider

1; CPU 3.2 GHz / RAM 4 GB
2; Only Deluxe with EP1 and BAT Nightlight
3; It´s all up 2 Date

Its not crashing... it´s still frozen. The PC is 2 Weeks old. So im wondering whats going on. Any other Games are still running.

Regards, Lowryder

mgb204

If the NAM was directly to blame, simply moving the Network Addon Mod and z___NAM folders temporarily outside of your Plugins folder would enable the game to work once more. So I'd suggest trying that to begin with and seeing what happens.

If it's still freezing, then it points to a more general issue. If not, then most likely the issue is resource-related, since the NAM doesn't alter the game in ways that affects it's ability to work. It simply takes more toll on a system because of all the additional code/files it has to handle.

City_Slider

Hey @mgb204 i did it after it was frozen and... it runs without any Problems. I tryed it also with the other Version (.30), same Result.

mgb204

So you are saying removing the two folders allowed the game to load?

Then one of two things are the cause. Potentially conflicting mods or a resource issue.

For the first, remove all except the Network Addon Mod and z___NAM folders. If that loads, you may need to dig through those files using a "binary search" to find potential culprits.

Otherwise, try seeing how many background tasks (running applications using RAM) before starting SC4 and see if this helps.

City_Slider