• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RMIP-3 Large Airport Edition vol. 1

Started by Gwail, February 12, 2009, 04:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Those wide runways look fantastic! I've always thought the asphalt ones are a bit too narrow :) Maybe there are a bit too much skids on them but they're still excellent.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

feliwi

Wow, absolutely incredible shots! I really xan#t wait to use the new runways!
Good luck with futural projects!

tabi

pilotdaryl

I see you've made some interesting progress here.  Keep it going! ;D  I would, however, suggest a new set of rapid exit taxiway lots with the actual exit taxiways at 30 degrees to the runway, similar to how it is arranged in real-life and the original RMIP-1 set.  The runway skid markings are also extremely dark and wide.  While this would be realistic for larger airports such as LAX and JFK and other major airports in the US, I'm still in favour of toning it down even just a bit, to make things a bit more consistent since not all airports have runways that busy or runways used that much. -Never mind, I noticed a set with toned-down skid markings.  I'm impressed! ;D

ShadeSlayer

Looking great, but the skid marks are a little excessive. :P

Duvad

Looks great... except for the ridiculous level of skidmarks. Hopefully there is a version that has 50% or more off the skidmarks.

allan_kuan1992

well it is simulating a busy airport... but the skid marks might be a tad too dark and too wide...

- Allan Kuan

Gwail

The skidmarks are based on the LAX runways. They should be even wider and layed on the entire runway lenght, in fact. But it wasn't my point.

For all complainers I strongly suggest to read carefully this post:

Quote from: pilotdaryl on February 13, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
I see you've made some interesting progress here.  Keep it going! ;D  I would, however, suggest a new set of rapid exit taxiway lots with the actual exit taxiways at 30 degrees to the runway, similar to how it is arranged in real-life and the original RMIP-1 set.  The runway skid markings are also extremely dark and wide.  While this would be realistic for larger airports such as LAX and JFK and other major airports in the US, I'm still in favour of toning it down even just a bit, to make things a bit more consistent since not all airports have runways that busy or runways used that much. -Never mind, I noticed a set with toned-down skid markings.  I'm impressed! ;D
If you don't get the clue, read it again. And again. Cheers to you, pilotdaryl, only one person apprehensive enough :).

I'e predicted such situation too, as you see. Don't you like such massive tiremarks? Use standard runway tiles instead and you should be more happy.

I will consider a slightly lightening up.

Stay tuned  :thumbsup:
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

nekseb

Quote from: Gwail on February 13, 2009, 06:27:54 AM
nekseb - for now it's a bit diffucult to tell, there is too many unfinished business. I think that second half of March is quite reasonable unless everything goes well.

That's earlier I hoped!  :)  Thanks for the reply.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

ShadeSlayer

Well, here's the thing. I understand that the skid marks should be that big. I completely agree with you there, but IMO, they are too.. black.

So as you said in your post there, they could definitely use a bit of lightening up, or you could possibly keep that, and make another one with slightly lighter skid marks..

Edit: Another idea is that you could make it appear as the lines on the runway are new..

eg. This airport, and this one... the runways are pretty close to where the links direct to.

Edit 2: If you check out some of these runways you'll see that they repainted the lines to look pretty noticeable over the skid marks.

sim-al2

Look at the bottom of the picture. ::)

Notice that there's 2 sets of runways. ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

ShadeSlayer

Yeah, I see that, but those don't really even have skid marks.

bakerton

I am excited for this project. Most of my airports are maxis or small regional airports. Now I can plan for an international airport and build it when these are released. Good luck and god speed. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

rushman5

These textures look really promising.  I am holding off on building my airport as well.

Gwail

Quote from: ShadeSlayer on February 14, 2009, 01:39:34 PM
So as you said in your post there, they could definitely use a bit of lightening up, or you could possibly keep that, and make another one with slightly lighter skid marks.
I'm just thinking about making alternative TDZ skidmarks texture set. So far I haven't too much time for thorough tests, and all the test results made until now aren't acceptable.
Right now I'm putting it aside and focusing on more important for project things, such as semi-transparent texture props for flexible runway intersections. When I finish the project and send it to scrutinize, I will look closer to skidmarks (after all it's only on-the-fly change in dat file). March seems to be very busy IRL for me and I don't want to delay too much.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Gwail

Quote from: Gwail on February 13, 2009, 06:27:54 AM
nekseb - for now it's a bit diffucult to tell, there is too many unfinished business. I think that second half of March is quite reasonable unless everything goes well.

Sad to inform I have to cancel my annoucement. Due to RL issues the project will be delayed by a while - for last 2 weeks I haven't done anything important and I won't do for another 3-4 weeks at least.

Taking solace a bit - there will be a taxiway centerline lights project for RMIP-3. And here's a shot from the last thing I was developing. I hope you will enjoy it:

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

allan_kuan1992

ouch. RL strikes once more.

At least there's a snapshot of some cool blinking uni-directional lights. =P

Glad to see that things are still progressing along here. =)

Gwail

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on March 09, 2009, 04:13:44 AM
At least there's a snapshot of some cool blinking uni-directional lights. =P

yeah  ::)
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

ShadeSlayer

Lights look nice. The skid marks are awesome, as well. Thanks!

pilotdaryl

I'm really sorry about your RL troubles... hopefully things turn around soon, as this is a great project!  The lights are looking good, too!