• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Overview 2015

Updates 2016 start on page 9, Updates 2017 start on page 11, Updates 2018 start on page 12, and Updates 2019-2020-2021-2022 on page 13

Hello everybody ! :)

Having spent years to admire all the magnificent cities presented here, I decided to post some photos of mine in a kind of Mayor Diaries.
It will not be know a traditional MD, because I prefer to post a group of photos on the same theme, rather than to tell the story and the development of each of my "tiles".
In fact, I don't speak english very well and i have to use massively online translator to write or understand anything. ::)
I did my best but "my style" is pretty unusual because I love mixing various type of architecture and flora, even it's not realistic. I hope it won't be odd. :)
Feel free to ask me if you need some bat or prop information ;)
So I've spoken enough, now it's time for pictures ! I want to begin with something different  : my first update with only night views.
A lot of offices district and some old fashioned city center .
I hope that you will like it.  ;D

Majors Ediths  "$Deal"$ :
  • Edit 19th november 2015 : presentation post, titles and light on pics here and there
  • Each of the 420 pics will be re-hosted by the end February 2018 > done  ()stsfd()
  • Edith on February/March 2018 : some notes about building/props references in green (for each update)

Unusual Links :
-Bipin retaining walls (can be seen update 4 on page 2) > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B18TZfo7TG3QflZZMWVlbGlIdW1KbWhnUHFvNl92am9Qd2tDdlhmZDFfaE9ybU80VVNoUzg&usp=sharing
(from his answer on this particulary update)

Customs Files :
-zzzz_Citymax_Rail_set_gSt - version 1.1 (corrected) added on 31 march 2018 > T21 and MMPs rail catenary based on CityMax HD prop, see details page 12 update 24,
>link to the file on the bottom of this post

Update 1 : Midnight Run

2. from bottom to top : Building front of canal from Darknono, Paulvmontfort, Girafe, Nofunk and Bixel (STEX) ; canal pedbridge from Callagrafx (LEX)

4 concert stuff from Xannepan (LEX)

5 white tower from Heblem and building on the left from Xyloxadoria (STEX)

7 circle building from Psander (STEX)

8 Cathedral from Reddonquixote

11 tower from Huston

12 tower Q1 from Reddonquixote (STEX)

vortext

Welcome to the world of MDing!   :)

Very nice mix of w2w and highrise, it seem to work together very well. Looking forward to daytime pictures! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

metarvo

This a fine start to an MD.  The CBD is dazzling, and the smaller housing units help to balance things out.  That stage with the huge crowd in attendance provides just the right burst of atmosphere to the area, although I can see you have other entertainment venues, too.  Good work.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

belfastsocrates

Excellent start and welcome to MD'ing

Looking forward to seeing more.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Indeed the mix of skyscrapers and wall-to-wall buildings is very interesting and well done.
I also like the work with the slopes.  :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ Vortext, metarvo, befastsocrates and art128
Thank you for your warm welcome. ::)
I like very much the realizations of each of you, Bat or Mayor Diaries and it is always an honor to receive compliments of people so talented. :)
I love night pic because it's easier to hidde littles mistakes  :P, but now I take the risk to turn on the light ! So, I hope not to disappoint with my next update.

This time it's all about city center, rather dense. Not or a very few skyscrapers, but nothing rural either yet ( it will comes in the next ones updates...... ). I hope you will like it.

Update 2 : Urban views

17 Here you can see a channeled river in a rather dense urban area, with mix of old building and more modern ( something pretty european I suppose ) statue in the middle of the river is from Debussyman (LEX), church is from Wallibuk (STEX) and the long curve building is from Mattb325 (LEX)

18 Same at night

19 The same district seen since another angle. Here is visible the half underground train station, the rail road line passing under the river.

20 Some classic dense wall to wall developments close to the regional covered stadium.
big brick housing building is from Marcszar (LEX)

21 Same at night

22 same seen since another angle
stadium is from Ks_japan (link useless because his site is down), towers are from Kellydalle2003 and scotty222 (STEX)

23 Here some modern development close to the monorail station, and behind older district.
Big glass tower is from Jasoncw, the 2 white towers are from IDS and the long mi-hight white uilding close is from TheQuiltedLlama SMP, all on STEX

24 same at night another angle

25 A large view of the same old district with some pedestrian alleys and plazas. Modern building appears here and there close to more historic ones.
the arch is from Jasoncw and the W2W buldings are from Motokloss (both on STEX)

26 On a another tile, nobody in the backyard of the college at this time but few people around the brick town hall.
brick town hall is from kelis (LEX) and brick college is from SimHottoDDy (STEX)

27 Another tile again, a busy historical plaza at the start of the autumn
Kwakelaar made the gated building with orange roof on top (LEX) and Wallibuk the gated building with clock on the bottom (STEX)

28 Start of autumn again, last sunny days on the terraces of this sloppy park, nice view from the residential building too.
diagonals buiding from Motokloss (STEX or Sim City Polska)

29 And, the last one, something different with this center town divide between modern residence and luxurious residence in the west close to wild seashore, and a old part in the east side, both joined by this park in front of the town hall.

Wow, this looks very good for a start, imo. Very nice MMP work, especially with the parks on this and the last update. And I think that it's a really good idea to mix modern buildings with older ones, loooks more realistic imo.

art128

Really nice new update!
On the first picture I loved how you used the statue in the middle of the pond. The sloppy park is really well done too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

Nice start indeed! I like the mix of old european townhouses and W2W with skyscrapers, reminds me to the place I live.  ;D

romualdillo

I love the mix of buildings in your city!! I don't know why, but its atmosphere makes me think about cities on the Dalmatian coast, perhaps because of the palms between the Central-European architecture. I just felt the same when I saw the last image in the picture competition. Keep the good work!!  &apls

noahclem

Welcome to MDing! Beautiful start indeed  &apls  You really have a mastery of night pictures. Also, google translate seems to work much better for you than it does for me  :D

FrankU

I second these opinions.
Very nice city vies. Very balanced, convincing and vivid.  &apls

kelis

OMG the mix of buildings is strange but nice at the same time ! I like how you can create those residential areas using those mix of buildings.

Welcome here and see you in the next update  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Hello everybodies ! :)

@11241036, art128, carlfatal, romualdillo, noahclem, FrankU, kelis
Thanks for the nice comments ! :)
I'm happy that my strange style don't hurt you too much, because you could see more of it in the next updates. :P

This time this is a pure Rural update,........so no skycrapers, no night view too and maybe a little more architecture unity ( just a little..... :D ).

Update 3 : Rurality

So first, the zoom 4 views
SPAM fieds mod essentially and JMeyers farms building (STEX)

31. At the limit of my rural area close to a river ferry port and an old town.
ferry port is from WMP (STEX or Workingman-production.com), maize field from RFR (STEX)

Girafe vines and wheat (STEX)

Some zoom 5 views
mix of Manchou (stones ones) on ToutSimCities, Wallibuk (W2W ones) and OddfromSweden (both STEX) building essentially

Silo is from....Maxis ! , agricultural stuff in HD and poplars from Orange (Vip rural pack) and wheat from Girafe

36. End of August  the chesnut is already turned to yellow but the corn isn't harvested yet.
Manchou, JMeyers stuff fo the littles building and Mattb325 for the house.

37. Zoom on some rural housing development where the 2 roads cross

And zoom 6 views

WMP green houses (Workingman-production.com in one of the dependancies pack)

Vip Orange agricultural stuff, and Manchou stone house

I hope you like it. Thanks for wacht.

vortext

No love for the countryside yet?!  ???

Strange as it's really well crafted! I like all the MMPing, the apple orchard especially. The little village is nice too (though imho the palms in 31/34 gotta go), it has the right amount of messiness to it and the detailing is great!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

metarvo

It's a shame that I haven't responded to this update yet.  Those farm fields are nice.  The way that they follow the non-grid conforming streets is certainly a dose of variety.  I like that power line crossing the farmland a lot; it looks much like a setup I've seen in my area.

The lumber yard with the wood being loaded onto the trailer is marvelously molded into the rural scene.  It adds a measure of life to the picture, with the sense that something is being accomplished in the day-by-day rural grind.

Great!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

belfastsocrates

Superb! Some truly beautiful work in that latest update, I enjoyed it immensely.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

reddonquixote

Wow, I missed an update, I loved the night scenes, the day scenes were just as lovely, and now some phenomenal farm scenes. Really fantastic work  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

The level of detail is astonishing!! And everything seems to fit perfectly (perhaps the palms vortext mentioned, but just because I never liked them)  &apls

Unconstantean