• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

I've been crafting and developing Perseus for many years and so much still remains to done, it's a looooong term project and I simply use it as an expression of creativity. It's not a 'realistic' place, there are elements that are perfectly plausible but 'realism' is not what interests me. I've created a place with a rather unique history and somewhere that embraces and encourages technological achievement and progress. It could be argued that the Perseus I have created is idealistic, but where's the harm in that?!

I'm looking forward to showcasing Perseus through this new MD and I hope people enjoy what I've created and continue to create. There'll be a mix of in-game images, newspapers, news reports, politics and some real-world images. I'm aware of the guidelines in regard to discussing real-world issues and politics so that'll be avoided.

The first proper update will be some background to Perseus

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

Pics or it didn't happen!   ;D

Kidding of course! Nice presentation, curious to see what you're up to!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

M4346

Sounds promising and looks interesting!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

belfastsocrates

@ vortext and M4346 - Thank you for your comments and interest. Hopefully it won't disappoint

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

FrankU

Oh man! Finally we found Atlantis!  &apls

Apparently you have prepared yourself for a long time before you came up with your MD. That makes me curiuos, so please continue! You have my attention.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: FrankU on May 20, 2014, 05:48:53 AM
Oh man! Finally we found Atlantis!  &apls

Apparently you have prepared yourself for a long time before you came up with your MD. That makes me curiuos, so please continue! You have my attention.

Funnilly, Atlantis was one of my early SC4 projects and loved it. I then developed it into the Atlantean Empire and moved it 'off-world' (goodness....do you remember the days when we have lots of 'off-world' MD's?). Perseus was created in order to maintain an Atlantean presence on Earth and a rather complex and perhaps unrealistic, yet enjoyable, story was created to explain it all.....but I'll come to that  :D

You're soon realise this MD isn't founded in realism, but then I personally never found that enjoyable.

FrankU

Who cares about realism?

I have plenty of realism around me all day!  ;D

metarvo

Actually, all of that data serves to give Perseus its own brand of realism.  :)  In any case, it will be interesting to see a measure of the legendary Atlantis.  I'm looking forward to the next update.  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

belfastsocrates

@Metarvo: Thank you! Hopefully this new update is well received. Be interesting to know how you feel it 'measures up' :)

@FrankU: Well...exactly lol. It's nice to escape from the day-to-day :)

vortext

You sure know how to build anticipation!  :D

Great first entry (i.e. one with pictures), by the looks of it we're in for a treat!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Great city!!! I love MDs with historical background!  :thumbsup:

kelis

Fantastic city and MD ! I like so much your presentations and how your pictures looks, thanks and welcome to the MD world !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

belfastsocrates

REPLIES

@vortext:
Thank you, I know it's maybe not the most conventional way to start an MD but I'd like to give people all the background info and present it like an actual country. I'll be showing more in-game stuff now some of the boring stats are out of the way :)

@romualdillo:
I'm very glad to hear that! There'll be plenty of history and I hope you find that and the pics enjoyable.

@kelis:
Many thanks, I'm so pleased you're enjoying it so far! I hope future updates are just as well received.

noahclem

This is quite lovely work  &apls  The monumental city style and the impressive story telling and attention to detail make for a great read. Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

M4346

So much of grandeur! :P I love it! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dragonshardz

Hey, good to see you again!

Putting this in my list of things to check in on.

belfastsocrates

The majority of all government departments are located within the Axehaven Park Government District of Passau, located to the south of Legislative Palace and Imperial Quarter. Axehaven Park was originally laid out to serve as the headquarters of the British Viceroy that governed the Ben Madigan during its time as a British Colony. It continued to serve as the primary hub of national governance when Ben Madigan achieved autonomy and later independence from the United Kingdom.

The two original buildings from that period, Caledon House and Braemar House are still in use. Caledon House houses His Imperial Majesty's Treasury while Braemar House is utilised by the Department for Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Defence.

In 1975 the new Persusian Government was created and new departments created, requiring more and modern office space. To cope with demand Wellington Towers was constructed between 1979 and 1982. Consisting of two 38 storey towers with connecting entrance atrium they stand at 155m (515ft) they were built at the south-eastern edge of Axehaven Park. Today they house the Departments of Health, Education Agriculture and Work.

In 2000 a new property development was undertaken by the Persusian Government to further expand office accommodation. Wellington Place was build between 2000 and 2003 and is today home to the Departments of Social Development, Regional Development, Environment, Energy, Justice, Science and Enterprise.

belfastsocrates

REPLIES

@noahclem
Thank you! I very much enjoy 'monumental' city planning and design, it's hard work and I'm a bit of a perfectionist but it's something I enjoy crafting and experimenting with. It's not always practical but it's enjoyable nevertheless.

@Marius
Well you know me Marius, I've always been a devoted follower of city grandeur, I just can't help it!  ::)

@dragonshardz
Thank you, I'm gald to see you again also. I hope you enjoy checking in with Perseus  ;)

romualdillo

I love your monumental gardens!!  &apls  It's like looking at old "city beautiful" plans... btw, I would like to have politicians as charismatic as they have in Perseus!!!

kelis

Yes I Agree !! I really like those gardens !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||