• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking for "Common Props" from JRJ Breakwater

Started by brick_mortimer, January 22, 2017, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

Hello!

Does anybody know where I can find the "common props" forlder from the JRJ Breakwater Set?

It's missing from my download, and after some searching I found other people who had the same problem.
There was a solution, only it dates from 2011, so the link is no longer working ::)

I found another solution (from 2015), but the .zip file in attachment gives an error when I try to open it.

Thanks in advance!  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

mgb204

I think that's the same fix I attached to this post on ST. If not, let us know :).

brick_mortimer

Quote from: mgb204 on January 22, 2017, 02:29:40 PM
I think that's the same fix I attached to this post on ST. If not, let us know :).
It is, but when I try to open the .zip firl I get an error
QuoteArchive has unknown format or it's damaged*
*(the error-message is in Dutch, so it's my translation)

I was so happy when I found your "recent" fix, when the other fix dates from 2011, but then winrar decided to act up  $%Grinno$%

Would you be so kind to attach that fix again?

mgb204

I don't know if ST is somehow messing up the files, but this is not the first time I've had this complaint. I've just tested the original files (I keep everything fairly organised), nothing wrong there. So I guess it is an ST problem. Easy solution, I'll attach it here for you.

mrbisonm

Just to confirm: I don't think that it is a ST problem not to be able to open the zipfile. I had no problem opening the first and second file with winzip , nor 7-zip. Maybe your winzip (or windows) have problems with it.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

twalsh102

mgb204:  It doesn't appear anything is wrong with the file you posted over at ST.  I had no problem opening the (just downloaded) file using the ZIP capability in Windows 7 Windows Explorer, WinRAR v5.40, or 7-Zip (v9.22 or 1604).

brick_mortimer:  The error you posted is a common one when trying to open a corrupted ZIP file.  The information above and from mrbisonm would highly suggest that either the file is getting corrupted during your download from ST, or there's something going on with your copy of WinRAR.

mgb204

I think there is some confusion here. I can confirm the original file was corrupted, along with a number of similar attachments. If it's working now, that's because I re-uploaded fixed versions of the files yesterday. Not because the files were being corrupted during the download, which is a very uncommon problem in my experience.

brick_mortimer

mgb204, thanks a lot for the fix  :thumbsup: I can confirm it works.

Something was wrong with the file from ST, because I was surprised the size of your "new" fix is only 9 or 10 kb and I *think* the fix I downloaded from ST was about 300kb  ???
I can't confirm it 100% 'cause I already deleted the ST fix.

Anyway, it doesn't matter; Jeronji's beautiful breakwater set is fixed :satisfied: