• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

game crashing is driving me insane! please help

Started by clemo3802, August 17, 2017, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clemo3802

hi,

I have recently added NAM 35

I have overcome a few issues already that Alex kindly gave me direction on, however .... now the game randomly decides to turn off and leave me on my desktop screen. I can't see a pattern. some one please help, oh and I'm not a tech guru so any ideas would need to be explained like I was a 10 year old hahah

my 1st thought is to reinstall....?

thanks all.

mgb204

SC4 has a couple of problems related to running on a modern machine. The most common cause of CTD (Crash to Desktop) is using a multi-core CPU which all modern computers have. The solution is to tell Windows to only run SC4 on one of them, which will prevent the problem.

Find the icon you use to run SC4, right click it and select Properties. Add the following command at the end of the "Target" field:

-CPUCount:1

Note if using Steam or Origin versions, the instructions for this are different.

A second issue you might face is more common when using the NAM and Puzzle Pieces, but the actual cause is a bug in the game. If you hover a puzzle piece over a Transit Enabled lot, that will trigger a CTD also. Again this problem can be resolved, you need to correctly install this fix.

clemo3802