• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Banished!

Started by Mr_Maison, February 14, 2014, 05:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: Themistokles on April 14, 2016, 03:48:52 AM
The first image is very reminding of traditional South-East Asian riverine communities. I think it looks great!

We didn't used to be able to do docks they are a recent addition to the Colonial Charter Mod which keeps growing with each new version, the first CC version I downloaded was 243mb in size its now 947mb in size so almost the same size as the game itself   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

zimmie

I just fired this game up for the first time since the beginning. Also trying the CC 1.6 mod combined with Redketchup's New Medieval Town mod.

My first attempt at a some of the dock stuff...

catty

Looks real good   &apls

I've been avoiding downloading Redketchup's New Medieval Town mod tempting as it is, as it would add another 118mb to my mod folder, and that's already over a GB in size with just CC, Fountain Mod and a few others

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Banished 1.0.5 along with a new Modkit were released yesterday   :bnn:

QuoteChanges in 1.0.5:

– UTF8 is now used instead of USC2.
    – Resource files can be in UTF8, USC2, UTF16, big and little endian. They'll be converted to UTF8 on load.
    – Memory usage allowance has been increased to 1 gigabyte, which should allow for larger mods.
    – All materials now use custom shading language SRSL instead of HLSL.
        – Any mods with custom materials will need to be modified to point to the new shaders and/or use SRSL.
    – Math library can now be compiled without the need for SIMD instructions.
    – OpenGL is now supported (but isn't currently being released with the PC version)
    – Data compilation is now in a separate DLL – CompileWin.dll – this can be swapped out for other platforms (consoles, mac, linux, etc)
    – Shader compiler is now in it's own DLL. Video DX9/DX11/GL dlls are no longer required for compiling shaders.
    – Added safety code to check for invalid and dangling pointers – this should make catching hard to find and rare issues easier.
    – Sped up mod details dialog for massive mods that have 10000's of files included. This should make looking at conflicts and uploading to Steam workshop easier.
    – Beta Mods and Mods newer than the currently released version can no longer be uploaded to Steam Workshop.
    – Nvidia and AMD GPUs in laptops should now be auto selected for use, instead of an Intel Integrated card.
    – Textile limit is now available for modders to use.
        – Cropfields, Fishing, Forester, Hunters, Orchards, and Pastures now have a configurable resource limit.
        – Livestock has a resource limit for the by product they make (eggs, wool, milk, etc) Note that if a by product isn't created because of the resource limit, the icon won't appear above the building.
        – Added textile to the Status Bar, Resource Limit window, and Town Hall UI
        – Added graphs for textiles to Town Hall UI
    – Fixed a bug that caused fonts from 1.0.4 to not load in 1.0.5. A UCS2 – UTF8 conversion wasn't made properly.
    – Fixed a bug that caused dropped resources (from citizen death/task cancelation) to drop in invalid places.
    – Fixed a bug that caused orchards to cause invalid data access and or data corruption if a citizen tried to harvest a tree, but the tree died before he got there.
    – Fixed a bug that caused potential memory corruption when cutting down an orchards trees.
    – Fixed a bug that caused a crash if game startup failed before memory allocation was available or was corrupt. It now properly displays an error.
    – Added better error message if the game runs out of memory due to too many mods loaded.
    – Fixed a bug that caused a crash when loading old mods that had custom materials. The game will no longer crash, however objects with those materials will not display. To fix this issue, mods should be updated to the newest mod kit version and update the materials.

-catty

catty

I'm a great fan of trains, railway lines, stations, etc ... so to finally be able to start doing this

is magic   :bnn:

mrbisonm

Rails and trains? Wow, where did this come from?

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

catty

It is unfortunately not animated, but am finding it quite useful to have, anyway its on the World of Banished website

Choo Choo : A Mod about Railroads and Trains by RedKetchup

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=113

QuoteTrain Stations :
Inside this toolbar you should find 4 buildings. Each one is a specific merchant who will gather specific goods (food, textiles, utilities, and materials) and will exchange them for coins.

Trains and Wagons :
Inside this toolbar you will find 2 design of Train Engine, and 6 type of Wagons. The train engine is driven by train drivers, will take coins and buy things you want with it. The wagon will mainly have the purpose to serves as storage place, and also there is one (passenger one) will attract some nomads, and the cabooze will serve as a little house (mainly for the traindrivers , i hope^^). There is another one, the hand cart, which is mainly just decorative.

Railroads :
This toolbar allow you to design a railroad network inside your town and map. they are mainly 1x1 tiles and allow roads to be built under it. You will also find bridges (wood, wood structure and stone) and a bigger tunnel.

Hopefully you will find this little mod very funny and you will like it

;D

catty

I think over the years we have all read posts on this site and others about having a mega plugin which had everything in it or at least everything someone considered to be essential.

Just released over on the Colonial Charter site is the MegaMod

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/mega-announcements/3253-banished-megamod

Modders are RedKetchup, Kid, Discrepancy, embx61, tanypredator, Wintin, Maal, Elfecutioner ... there is also a beta version of the next CC Mod 1.7 included as well, the mod list is here

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/mega-announcements/3255-list-of-mods-used-in-megamods

I would love to be trying this out, but I ditched using Windows 7 last week and became a Linux Mint 18 user and unfortunately Banished doesn't have a linux version yet ... will be using the PlayonLinux and GOG version of Banished once I get SimCity 3 and 4 working in a WinXP Pro VirtualBox.

-catty

mrbisonm

Glad to have you around with these updates since I hardly ever go to these sites to see what's new. Thanks catty.

Looks like a nice set, I will surely try it out. My gaming computer is still on windows XP ;)
Oh, and thanks for the linkie to the trainset.

Fred

catty

Paeng has done some great pictures showing the trainset in action, the pictures are here

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/jupite-river-t337.html

And I don't think he'll mind if I link a picture of my favourite picture here

:thumbsup:

mrbisonm

wow, some nice fantasies work there.

Fred

catty

If you have the spare time then its also worth a visit over to "Pictures At An Exhibition" on the Colonial Charter website

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/colonial-atlas-images-and-screenshots/993-pictures-at-an-exhibition-rules-hints

:thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Thanks catty, I never went to see the galleies. Quite amazing pics there, and of course a lot of stimulation to build my own little paradises. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Does anyone have an idea where I could download the latest Banished Patch, 1.06?
I am not on Stream and do want to neither...............

Thanks
Fred

eDIT: fOUND IT!

Couchpotato

The latest patch is 1.07 that includes changes made by Luke 'http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/'  to increase flags and resource fields.   The modders at World of Banished and BlackLiquidSoftware responded by some wonderful new mods.   purringcat   

You can also visit Paeng's site 'http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org' where he's provided links to everything useful in Banished.   Very helpful  :)   

BarryWi

Quote from: catdty on September 17, 2016, 11:13:47 AM
The latest patch is 1.07 that includes changes made by Luke 'http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/'  to increase flags and resource fields.   The modders at World of Banished and BlackLiquidSoftware responded by some wonderful new mods.   purringcat   

You can also visit Paeng's site 'http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org' where he's provided links to everything useful in Banished.   Very helpful  :)   

I got Banished for real cheap during the summer sales and I finally tried it out last week. The game is awesome, I fell in love with it instantly. Sure, it has some kinks but it's fun as hell.

mrbisonm

Quote from: BarryWi on November 01, 2017, 06:43:09 AM
I got Banished for real cheap during the summer sales and I finally tried it out last week. The game is awesome, I fell in love with it instantly. Sure, it has some kinks but it's fun as hell.

Been playing it ever since it came out, now with all the Modelers addons, it's quite variable. ;)

Fred