• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Endora

Started by antimonycat, February 09, 2009, 01:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swesim

I have to agree, this is one of the best MDs I´ve seen, the "steampunk" feeling is clearly notable.
Your City gives me a strong feeling of Something like the golden compass or league of extraordinary gentlemen setting.
Sort of fantasy-like, but still within what could have been done at the turn of the century...

NASCAR_Guy

where can I dl this?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

antimonycat

Replies:

Schulmanator: It's not a BAT but I did make it. Thanks for the comment!
Iamgoingtoeatyou: Thanks for the nice reply, hope you stop by again.
Swesim: Haven't seen/read either of those but I've seen the imagery and that's the kind of thing I was aiming for. Thanks for the comment!
NASCAR_Guy: You can't, it was done on the Photoshop.

calibanX

I love the direction you've gone with this life story. What a great way to get some unique artwork into your journal. Although I like them all, the last pic with the airships is quite the best 'prettyful'.  :thumbsup:

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

JoeST

That is pretty damn awesome way to do it :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

JJ

Fabulous update. Love seeing life, makes it believeable as a destination.

mmorales2

Wow!!! I love your MD. It is so unique and amazing. I love the steampunk feel of your MD. Keep up the good work.  ;D
COMING SOON!!!!
XION, THE LAST BASTION

WC_EEND

Your whole MD feels like I just went a hundred years back in time. I absoulutely love it.

PS: where did you get the clockwork cat nightclub? I love that one!
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

mightygoose

fudging hell, another supreme update, this work is a class act. stunning finish and i am definately going to have to try my hand at one of those collages...

EDIT:- is there any particular method you use to corve the edges of your pictures, ive tried it in hptoshop but i can only seem to be able to freehand it, if there is a shortcut please do tell me.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

vershner

I've been following this MD since the beginning so I thought I'd better make a comment. I was beginning to drift away from the game back in January but this has rekindled my interest. I love the Victorian/modern setting, and your attention to detail is fantastic. Have you ever read The Difference Engine? Your city very much reminds me of the settings described in that book.

Can't wait to see the rest.

Sciurus

Faboulous, I love this city, and I love Lottie too $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kimcar

&apls &apls Cool update . Always nice to discover what you gonna do next :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Absolutely stunning update! I had to look twice to be sure I was looking at game scenes - the realism is incredible, made more so by the little  details added. This is some of the finest work I've ever seen in an MD.

Later...
Joan

CabraBuitre

Looks amazing... I've never seen the steamship or those busses before, did you create those yourself?

Check out Abelfarei!

Swesim

WOW! This is absofrigginlutely amazing!
Endora is probably the best MD I´ve read to date and I have been around quite a few...
The photoshopping make the story much more credible and it is always nice to read about what people do in the cities...
Keep up the good work!

antimonycat

Replies:

CalibanX: Thanks! The last picture as it was irritating to finish as I kept changing it, so glad you liked it.

JoeST: Cheers for the reply!

JJ: Thanks for visiting! I like seeing people's cities through the lives of it's citizens too, so that's why I did it.

Mmorales2: Thanks for stopping by!

WC_EEND: Thanks for the reply. The front of the Clockwork cat building was done on Photoshop so no download I'm afraid.

Mightygoose: Thanks for the comment! There's probably a quicker way to do it but the method I used was to freehand it then save the outline as a template that I pasted on each image . Here's what I mean: here

Vershner: Thanks for following the MD from the beginning! I've heard of it, haven't read it myself but have an interest in 'what if?' scenarios and mechanical computers so will make a note of the book.

Sciurus: Aww, thanks for the reply.

Kimcar: Thanks for visiting and the reply!

Jmouse: Thanks for the comment! Glad you noticed the little details.

CabraBuitre: Thanks! The steamship and the buses were made on Photoshop but I'm working on making the buses real automata.

Sweswim: Thank you very much for the nice reply. Hope you stop by in future updates!

kelis

WoooooooooooW

Amazing City
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Wow !! Excellent little history there my friend, greatly wrote and done !!
looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

NASCAR_Guy

QuoteNASCAR_Guy: You can't, it was done on the Photoshop.
'

I was referring to the stadium/arena  :'( I quoted the wrong picture
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

sebes

Excellent! You have added a new concept in MD land. I realy liked reading this 'a day in the life of Lottie' update.   :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN