• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

I prefer the updated version of the highway but the bullet train, especially that cable-stayed bridge, does do a lot for the older one. Would be interested in the final version once the rail returns  :thumbsup:

Seaman

Here's a new one from the tile I'm currently working on. It's the main Highway with a T-Bone interchange to the southern ringbelt, which bypasses the city. A challenge was to efficiently connect this setup to the main road (avenue) in this area, which will carry most of the commute traffic in the southern region of the city.

Maybe you can find my workaround (thx durfsurn!) where I "desperatly" await some new NAM developent (which was already sneak peeked in the RHW section). Unfortunately, it seems it didn't quite made it into NAM 35... ;)

APSMS

Quote from: Seaman on November 08, 2016, 04:27:03 AM
Maybe you can find my workaround (thx durfsurn!) where I "desperatly" await some new NAM developent (which was already sneak peeked in the RHW section). Unfortunately, it seems it didn't quite made it into NAM 35... ;)
Hmm. I'm not sure what this would be. There's a number of areas
FTLs come to mind initially, as do FLEX height transition curves (L0-L1 90 deg turn).

Adjacency code for FLEXHeight/DRI/FLEX intersections made it in this round, so FLEX-WT? (Width Transitions)

Durfsurn helped you so well that it's hard to envision an alternate solution for that interchange that doesn't fundamentally alter it (I have a few things that would be perhaps different, but not necessarily better). So it's hard to be sure what the real difficulty there was, aside from making it all fit in that space (with any accompanying RUL2 issues that were solved by mad clicking, that is).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Seaman

Quote from: APSMS on November 08, 2016, 10:48:46 AM
Durfsurn helped you so well that it's hard to envision an alternate solution for that interchange that doesn't fundamentally alter it (I have a few things that would be perhaps different, but not necessarily better). So it's hard to be sure what the real difficulty there was, aside from making it all fit in that space (with any accompanying RUL2 issues that were solved by mad clicking, that is).

Yeah, you are right about Durfsurn. This time, I'm pointing at the diagonal on-slope height transition (L0-L1) for the MIS on the leftish side of the T-bone. It saves some space and creates a nicer "pear" shape in the MIS section of the T-bone. Thx to Durfsurn, I'm using the DBE method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGXVyGy3Xfg).
EDIT: Durfsurn kindly reminded me to take a look at the video description: "Credit goes to McDuell and Eggman121." So thx to all three of you :)

Eggman gave us a hint for a real on-slope HT in february this year (still lookin forward, @eggman  ;D)

Quote from: eggman121 on February 25, 2016, 04:56:21 PM
Spot the new Piece  ::)

-eggman121

Also Tarkus diagonal flex-HT he mentioned in August might come in handy on that sort of interchanges...  :thumbsup:

Durfsurn

It was actually McDuell who discovered it not me - I did make that video though. Lovely interchange anyhow!

compdude787

After two years of using RHW, I have finally built my first cloverleaf interchange. I am so proud of myself!! :D It took a lot of hard work. /s  $%Grinno$%

After building several more-complicated four-way interchanges, and even a five-way interchange, this really was a piece of cake. I'll have a video showing its construction soon.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Nice looking interchange! :thumbsup:

mgb204

Just a small junction I've recently been working upon:

If you are interested in reading how I customised some elements of this picture, please see here on my Dev thread.

Update: Image now in it's full 1920x1080 resolution, click for full size.

Gugu3

SimJack

As compact as it can get.

bladeberkman

Hey all! Here is a compact, high-capacity, whirlpool interchange. I don't post often, but I felt pretty happy with this one. -Blade

Seaman

@bladeberkman:
nice work. It's nice to see where the continous work of the NAM team (and the road-engineer "users" like us) has brought us. This whirlpool looks natural, compact and smooth at the same time. Compare this to the "old" huge ones from 2014 and older, shown in this thread...

Haljackey

Nearly all movements have traffic for the morning commute

Click for full size.

Haljackey

Trumpeters gotta trumpet - all directions being used

https://i.imgur.com/wWoq3DV.jpg

Kitsune

Welcome to zany late 70's / early 80's highway design. Watch want happens to the main line from the left. The first interchange is where the ring road splits off to take traffic off a 1930's era highway:

From this point - the highway was widened a bit in that era to add a centre median, but thats it. Here is the next and final interchange that marks the city boundry:

As the budget for the ring road was going over, they wrestled to get it under control by cutting out a bridge. Also, due to that budget overrun is why no traffic is on these pictures - they were taken during an emergency closure due to a concrete chunk falling off a bridge due to substandard concrete. There is currently a Route Planning and Environment Assement to fix this section and widened this section of highway from 4 to 6 lanes. Meanwhile, drivers curenntly coming out of the city encountering this are captured by this emoji:  :angrymore:
~ NAM Team Member

Seaman

uhhh... fancy! I like that out of the box design :)

Tyberius06

Well I was busy during the last week building (partially rebuilding) this little interchange system.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

SimCity V6

Kitsune - Sorry for not partaking in those tales before, but where exactly does your interchange story stem? I do appreciate the building, anyhow.  ;D

Tyberius06 - I definitely love the unusual and original thought you put into your interchange tangles. The first one is solidly robust and would work wonders with more development in place. I even admire your Park n' Ride lot concept, something that had yet to be seen in the community that I know of! The second one is still excellent, but sometimes just too low-capacity, tight, and possibly not as realistic. Hope to see more improvements!

Special props to Haljackey as well.  :thumbsup:

Kitsune

Quote from: SimCity V6 on March 23, 2017, 02:37:36 PM
Kitsune - Sorry for not partaking in those tales before, but where exactly does your interchange story stem? I do appreciate the building, anyhow.  ;D

Tyberius06 - I definitely love the unusual and original thought you put into your interchange tangles. The first one is solidly robust and would work wonders with more development in place. I even admire your Park n' Ride lot concept, something that had yet to be seen in the community that I know of! The second one is still excellent, but sometimes just too low-capacity, tight, and possibly not as realistic. Hope to see more improvements!

Special props to Haljackey as well.  :thumbsup:

Its fictional... I write short stories as a hobby. (and for work, I write knowledge articles..). My building style is not conclusive to a mayors diary (ie that city was started in 2008... and is now on its third rebuild)
~ NAM Team Member

Kitsune

I'm redeveloping a tile from what appeared to be the NAM 30 or 31 days. Part of this included shifting the main highway south and eliminating the centre median. I decided to do a quick mock up of a parclo against the new street grid, and umm I think its going to be over kill compared to the 1x1 lots to occupy the grid at a later:

And region view:

Yeah just a tad overkill.
~ NAM Team Member