SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Our Of Special Interest This Month section returns for November's SC4D 10th birthday!

Author Topic: VIP Terrain Mod  (Read 1813 times)

Offline APSMS

• San Diegan
  • "Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina"
Re: VIP Terrain Mod
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about all the pebbles on the sandbars, but like you said it's optional, and I have to agree that the results are stunning.

The basalt sand (black beach) with that lounge chair on it, reminded me of this for some reason:

The blending of the rock textures, along with the details in the grass, make this feel much like an HD version of c.p.'s mods, which I remember distinctly for the wide variety in ground texture scenes that could be made with them, and which I missed when I switched to the HD mods currently available.

Very cool stuff here, and of course HD is exciting, but even if it wasn't it still looks amazing.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 02:09:37 PM »

Offline kelis

• || Mijn eigen Wereld ||
    • ~ Kelis Bat Design ~
  • CL:
    Puerta del Mundo
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
The rock texture is perfect !! I think you did a great job and the idea of desaturating the textures is great, now they looks more realistic...
about the beach, mmm... I like both, for sure you have to include more than one texture... I mean create a folder where people can choose between more than one type of texture for the beach...

I'm waiting for the textures, I've created a new japanese map just to use with this map  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || KeliSC Youtube Channel ||

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »

Offline c.p.

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 10:12:31 PM »
The grasses and flowers look great, and I love the variety. :thumbsup:

Also thanks for adding the trees, people, animals, etc to some of the pictures.  They're actually better than roads anyway for getting a sense of scale (and more appropriately primeval too).

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 10:12:31 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

Latest News

Our Of Special Interest This Month section returns for November's SC4D 10th birthday!

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 52 queries.