• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

I know that we can say this every time, but I think this roundhouse lot is going to be your masterpiece.  :o
A new toy with which I am very eager to play!  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, that is just stunning :O  I've been interested in those of late as there's a couple spot in my city where they seem to used to have been based on the lines of modern development. One is now a pedestrian and bike approach to a bridge curved around an open space that appears to have been one of these previously while the other seems to be remodeled old buildings that now house youth entertainment like bands and stuff. Cool they kept those bits of history but would be a lot cooler if there were still train housing in those areas.

korver

This has to be one of the coolest BATs/lots I've ever seen before in SC4. I've never seen anything like that turntable before (didn't even know that was possible) - incredible work here!

c.p.

Well, that's pretty impressive :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you everyone for the kind words &apls

Stephen you are too kind! Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Here is the full sequence. There are lots of other timed props that are not visible on this GIF. This 10 game hours sequence is made with 48 timed exemplars and 10 separate turntable models. The only thing left is to test it in a heavily populated plugin and then I will be happy to release it.
As a bonus, vester's GEvo engines props are designed to accept different textures therefore all my GEvo exemplars will take whatever color scheme you pick from his wonderful texture packs. Very clever vester. &apls

Again please excuse the poor quality of this GIF.

Simmer2/Nick

RHT0
________________________________________________________________________________

Gugu3

Nevermore

We Want More! We Want More!  :thumbsup:

feyss

Every time I come here:

Simmer2

Well, the wait is almost over. I will be releasing SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 sometime tonight followed (hopefully) tomorrow by SM2 Heritage Roundhouse.

Here is a preview of it, with all 129 never before released HD props. All 15.3 megabyte of them  ;D

ppv3

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

feyss

I wonder where I will build it in my city  :D

Kitsune

Yeah - this is going to be a great addition !!
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 is now online. Grab it here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499

The lot will follow soon.

Page 1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Nick

Silur

This is another great job! THANK YOU!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

Alan_Waters

Great job! Thank you! We are looking forward to the locomotive depot. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

c.p.

This is a great achievement :thumbsup:.  And your animation looks great.

praiodan

Holymoly. This is pure amazement. Faith in humanity restored.  :crytissue:

Simmer2

Thank you everyone for following me on this journey  &apls

SM2 Heritage Roundhouse is now online here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3500

Enjoy!

Nick

Last

Tyberius06

Yuheeee!!!!  :bnn: :bnn:  &apls &apls
Thanks for the Roundhouse and the beautiful props as well!!! :)

Nice work! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Nevermore

Nick, you are Master  &apls ... Master, Master, Master of puppets ( Metallica )  ;)

Simmer2

Awesome reception! Thank you.

Someone over at the STEX asked if it was possible to make a somewhat smaller lot and still retain the overall feel of the original layout. Well, it is done.

MissVanleider, here is the result. From the original 14X14 I was able to trim 6 tiles from the height, therefore now its 8X14. The smaller version is called SM2 MV Heritage Roundhouse.
Still uses lots of timed props and of course the full Turntable Animation sequence. This version will only attach to the rail network visually, meaning no trains will traverse it like its bigger sister. I had to eliminate 90% of the rail yard including the DTR section. Still looks great though.
Here are some pics.

RH_MV1

Simmer2