• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Toroca's Stage Limits Mod v1.0

Started by disfunction, October 04, 2014, 01:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disfunction

this file is seemingly lost to the internet with the shutting down of simphoni forums, does anyone have a copy saved? as well it is not on the stexchange as i have asked the moderators

the pertaining mod files are called

officestagecaps.dat
and
residentialstagecaps.dat

thanks for reading

catty

Can't help you with the location, but they can't be used if you are planning at any stage to install the CAM   "$Deal"$
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

disfunction

Quote from: disfunction on October 04, 2014, 01:18:20 PM
this file is seemingly lost to the internet with the shutting down of simphoni forums, does anyone have a copy saved? as well it is not on the stexchange as i have asked the moderators

the pertaining mod files are called

officestagecaps.dat
and
residentialstagecaps.dat

thanks for reading

yes im aware thank you, but this is also why i was wondering maybe somebody would have a copy of the file for testing purposes, etc.

catty

Quote from: disfunction on October 05, 2014, 02:31:58 PM
...yes im aware thank you, but this is also why i was wondering maybe somebody would have a copy of the file for testing purposes, etc.

and it would be really nice if people read the site rules when they joined the site as well, but there is a reason it was deleted from the STEX, it used to be here

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21328-

And it looks like a lot of testing was done at the time the CAM came out

QuoteStage Limit Mod V1.0 by Toroca

Toroca's mod alters the residential and/or commercial office stage limits, in order to allow commercial skyscrapers to appear earlier, and keep the residential ones from appearing until later. The purpose of the mod is to eliminate the "downtown hole", which Rush Hour having residential skyscrapers appear earlier than office towers.

The same properties, Stage vs. Size, are altered in CAM as well. Toroca's mod would disable stages 9-15 for both residentials and commercial offices.
The CAM also eliminates of the "downtown hole", since residential and commerical skyscrapers should appear roughly at the same time.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

memo

Sorry Catty, I don't understand the reasoning at all. After all, there is a lot of content that is incompatible with CAM. The CAM, on the other hand, adds a lot of complexity. I don't see why you should be forced to use CAM to enjoy a mod such as toroca's, but I can see why you might prefer not to install CAM and use this mod instead.

Sure, if toroca himself took down the file, that's his decision, not ours. Though, not necessarily a reasonable one.

catty

Quote from: memo on October 06, 2014, 12:13:48 AM
Sorry Catty, I don't understand the reasoning at all...

Sorry memo I was at work when I posted which tends to make for quick posts, I have no objection to him wanted to test and use Toroca's Stage Limits Mod v1.0 if he can find a copy of it, but he asked for

Quotewhy i was wondering maybe somebody would have a copy of the file for testing purposes, etc

if someone could give him a copy of the file, which and while I may not agree with all our sites rules is a banning offense on this site.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15094.0

see rule 10 and also rule 20 which states that not knowing the rules is not a defence against being banned.

I don't plan on banning him and I'll even give him a link to the file.

http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=276

-catty

memo

You are absolutely right. Though, rereading the site rules I realized that they might not appear as clear to a new user as they seem to us. Specifically they refer to "downloadable content from the forums and the exchange" which could be taken for the forums and exchange on this site. Strictly speaking, the file in question is not even "downloadable". I am aware that this was discussed vividly, recently, and I don't mean to argue about it here and now. ;)

Instead, I want to add to the topic that the file you linked to (which is a mod that quadruples the amount of jobs per industrial lot) is not the file disfunction is looking for (which is a mod adjusting the residential and commercial caps), I'm afraid.

catty

Quote from: memo on October 06, 2014, 04:35:46 AM
...Instead, I want to add to the topic that the file you linked to (which is a mod that quadruples the amount of jobs per industrial lot) is not the file disfunction is looking for (which is a mod adjusting the residential and commercial caps), I'm afraid.

Whoops I had all of his files on SimCityKurier opened on separate tabs, there is this one

http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=275

But re-reading the English translation this morning it doesn't sound quite right either.

-catty

disfunction

yes lol im afraid this file is more or less lost unless somebody can upload their own personal copy
as far as i know toroca did not remove the file and it was instead lost when simtropolis upgraded their server
any links on google referencing this file are also down

aluba103

Thanks a lot for your sharing.
This is a wonderful mod.

tonami

Would you guys share the mods again please?  :crytissue: :crytissue: :crytissue:

Andreas

Unfortunately, this doesn't help in your case, but the mods linked above at SimCityKurier both were not the "Stage Limits Mod". I think the links were pointing to the Industry Quadrupler and the Service Doubler. Both can be found here (in German), in case those are not longer available at Simtropolis:

http://www.simcityplaza.de/index.php/mods/bugfixes
Andreas