• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Thank you for the answers. I'm glad that you are working this project. The flex tracks are awesome I love playing with them.  &apls  :)

- Tyberius

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Hello everyone  :)

Here is some more development in the RRW field!

https://www.youtube.com/v/fuWSCGa4GUA&feature

()flower()

-eggman121

matias93

??? ??? ??? Is this even real!? :o :o :o

I wouldn't believe it if it weren't for the adjacency issues when mixing all RHW at once, which is a very unusual situation.

As I said before (in fact, did I say it?): the L1 rail is going to be my new elevated metro, is just too beautiful and flexible, it only needs some stations but the rest of the creator community can take charge of it  :-\

And a little offtopic: if someone that is not working on bringing this wonders has already learnt, it would be nice to see some guide to the draggable FARRW, which looks much easier on the video than when trying to get something done  ()testing()

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

_Michael

That looks truly incredible. I cannot wait!

Seaman

&apls I'm just blown away. I was like... ok, draggable ERRW, we knew that was coming. But then you covered all additional features as well, even MHO and single track RRW underpasses... (wait for it) ... diagonal!!! Multi radius curves... oh what joy and wonders  :bnn:

tigerbuilder

I'm pretty speechless....wow. I can't wait to use this. Awesome work, thankyou so much.

manga rivotra

This "NAM Secret weapon" is actually a terrific improvement of the RRW.  :)
A few years ago, no one could have believed that possible one day.  ::)
The future NAM will undoubtedly be beyond all expectations!  &apls &apls &apls

eggman121

Thanks for all the nice reply's everyone :thumbsup:

Yep, This is a big deal.  ;D

Quote from: matias93 on February 17, 2017, 09:56:29 PM
I wouldn't believe it if it weren't for the adjacency issues when mixing all RHW at once, which is a very unusual situation.

Yeah. Lucky it was spotted. Some RHW code was interfering. I am investigating now.

Quote from: matias93 on February 17, 2017, 09:56:29 PM
And a little offtopic: if someone that is not working on bringing this wonders has already learnt, it would be nice to see some guide to the draggable FARRW, which looks much easier on the video than when trying to get something done  ()testing()

I can make a video for the FARRW if you would like ;) I do acknowledge it is a bit confusing too drag out.

-eggman121

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

vester

So looking forward to getting my hands on this great work of yours.  :thumbsup:  &apls

APSMS

What's next? EFARRW?

Seriously, though, this is great work. Multiple height levels and STR support, along with NWM and RHW compatibility? I know you've been busy, but man, you've been busy!

Looking forward to whatever else you might have in the pipeline. Thanks for all the hard work &apls
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

WOW!!!!!!!  I didn't even notice the L1 Elevated Rail.  Simply put, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blow way out the park and over the water.  Ditto on L1 Elevated Rail stations.  Is AVE6/7 able to go underneath also?

yann

What's the way to make that ?

Thanks in advance

Quote from: eggman121 on September 28, 2016, 02:37:55 PM
Sorry for the long silence on my end.

I do appreciate that the wait has been long

FARR... too... long...  :D

All the FARR

FARR to Orthogonal curves

FARR to Orthogonal turnouts

And did I Mention that the curves and straights.... Slope conform

This is just some of the stuff I am working on.

Keen to get others opinions :)

All of it is draggable (No Flex or puzzle pieces what so ever  ;D )

-eggman121

Seaman

Quote from: yann on February 19, 2017, 05:18:13 AM
What's the way to make that ?

Actually, there should be a RRW guide pdf in your NAM documentation folder. The pictures in there are pretty self explaining and this should help you to get started. But I must admit it will take some time to get used to it. Additionally, the team implemented small arrows to appear in game to help you drag the tracks in the right way. After some training, you will learn to interpret them correctly.

vester

Seaman+Yann: Those are new, not yet released.
Yann: But good point about the PDF.
Could use some better instructions on how to draw the tracks to get different configurations.

Jack_wilds

nothing dramatic or clever to add...   :popcorn:

but a round of  &apls

results of work are so good   :)

gets me all    :crytissue:

train peel away   :bnn:

:popcorn:

FrankU

Fantastic work!
What else is there to say?

Gugu3

This is mind blowing!So many possibilities available! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Just a curiosity, not making a point, will the L1 and L2 be able to cross each other at some stage of the development?

anthony16s

Quote from: eggman121 on October 20, 2014, 03:00:37 AM
Quote from: art128 on October 19, 2014, 03:23:32 PM
If I recall correctly, they (the NAM team) said it would be added to the NAM in two versions as the focus of the next one wasn't on the RRW stuff yet.

I'd say I agree with that though. It's best to have a good, thoughtfully tested version of a mod before making it public. I'd personally hate to see this mod rushed so that it meets the next NAM release date. (not that there is one, "It will be released when it is ready" )

The last and only time a NAM was released with a release date (NAM 31.0) it was half baked and put the team under pressure to fix the issues. Much of the team at the moment have heavy RL so it is hard to quantify what will and will not go in the next NAM. The HSRP version I am making is piggybacking on top of the current HSRP at the moment. I will have to discuss further what direction the HSRP will take. At the moment I am just experimenting with ideas for what people would like in a future NAM beyond NAM 33.

Anyways here are some more pictures of the HSRP next to the RRW

Enjoy  ()flower()

-eggman121

Impossible to find this. It is public ?

anthony16s

Also, my english is not too good but i follow your adventure since the page 47. Congratulation for all your work, your determination and your skills.

Likewise i come back to my home country after 2 years in Melbourne and Australia so it's a pleasure to come back on SC4 and continue to see NSW train and picture of melbourne haha

Good luck for your next work and keep going !