• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WW Pedestrian Tiles

Started by capo, February 10, 2008, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capo

I recently found the WW_Pedestrian Tiles on the STEX and in it's description it says they are fully compatible with the NAM. However I would really appreciate a confirmation of this by someone of the NAM team since there are a lot of 'corrupt' files on the STEX also (no offence intended). Reason I'm asking this is that I edited the WW_pedestrian tiles with Mas'71 his wonderfull stairs in his Wall packs to create stairs that will allow pedestrian traffic and I use them in my city a lot for my commercial sections. I don't want to edit the original NAM files being afraid to screw up the whole mod and I would hate to see the traffic simulation going all wrong... When I test it it looks allright, but I'm no modder and not very confident about the things I create. Are these files safe to use with the NAM?

Thanks

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Andreas

Are those pedestrian tiles only lots, or do they contain some kind of puzzle pieces or other modding-related files? I assume the former one is the case (those are "pedestrian mall connectors" that act like a mass transit station, if I remember correctly), and then I don't see why they shouldn't work with the NAM.
Andreas

capo

Sorry Andreas, I should have included the link to the file. Here it is: WW_Pedestian Tiles by wilfried webber. They aren't puzzle pieces but connectors between the NAM puzzle pieces and roads so I guess they function as stations. Will they screw up the traffic simulation a lot you think?

Andreas

Well, pedmalls only carry pedestrians anyway, so I don't think they will have a large impact on the traffic simulator. I haven't checked how they are modded, but I assume they work very similar to the Maxis bus station.
Andreas

capo