• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CTD when plopping the cargo section.

Started by HandsOn, May 28, 2008, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

It appears that what applies to NAM puzzle pieces also applies to airport pieces: happened now three times that I tried to plop the cargo section (elongated piece) and each time I got a CTD. Thus far I found it impossible not to touch another airport piece - but I'll try again.

Question thus: is my assumption correct? Or are these freak occurences?

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Swamper77

Sounds like you don't have a Seaport Developer file that supports the SWAP cargo facility. It is designed and functions as a seaport. What other seaport files do you have installed?

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

HandsOn

OK, I've got SWAP very recently from the STEX. I do have, in that town, Peg's CDK as well as his replacement for the standard port - in fact I think I saw your name one that one, Swamper (but am not sure). The lot that crashes is the "Package Loading Facility" and this time I was extra careful to have nothing touching it since I thought it might be TE related. Everything else I tried thus far seems to plop alright (although a full-fledged "Gebrauchsanweisung" (user manual for those who never had to built an airport, real or otherwise  :P) would help - I am somewhat clueless of what goes where. The CTD is avoidable by simply not using the facility. And since I did save just before, all's not lost. Shame, though..

RippleJet

HandsOn, you may also want to read this:

Quote from: RippleJet on May 21, 2008, 07:04:01 AM
He has also obviously not yet realised that his seaports are incompatible with the SWAP.
Anyone using both the SWAP and his new seaports will face a CTD.

This happened to a number of users downloading his CDK3 container port (which only replaced the ingame seaport).
The support file (D) included with the CDK3 container port is not compatible with the one included in SWAP (A).

HandsOn

Presumably that only affects the Packaging facility/Cargo Airport - other SWAP items will not be affected. Or does it apply to all airport stuff delivered with SWAP?

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 28, 2008, 11:02:09 PM
Presumably that only affects the Packaging facility/Cargo Airport - other SWAP items will not be affected. Or does it apply to all airport stuff delivered with SWAP?

Only the Package Loading Center is a functional seaport (that handles cargo).
The others are functional airports (that handle passengers). ::)

HandsOn

Quote from: RippleJet on May 28, 2008, 11:24:13 PM
Only the Package Loading Center is a functional seaport (that handles cargo).
The others are functional airports (that handle passengers). ::)
Understood. But I've noticed that having the port or not does not matter, as long as it is in the plug-in folder, CTD occurs (sandbox trial seems to confirm that - plopped in an empty city also got me a CTD). Therefore: which file has to be removed?? I've got a lot of his stuff.

BTW: I do believe this also applies to his CSK mini-port (canal based) because whenever I had that in a city, the city would save & close, but never open again - also tested in Sandbox.

Diggis

Quote from: HandsOn on May 29, 2008, 01:27:04 AM
Understood. But I've noticed that having the port or not does not matter, as long as it is in the plug-in folder, CTD occurs (sandbox trial seems to confirm that - plopped in an empty city also got me a CTD). Therefore: which file has to be removed?? I've got a lot of his stuff.

BTW: I do believe this also applies to his CSK mini-port (canal based) because whenever I had that in a city, the city would save & close, but never open again - also tested in Sandbox.

Correct and correct.  If you go and read Tages Functional Seaports thread he lists the current available developer files and why they don't work as intended.  And unfortunatly haveing the seaport in your plugins is all it takes to mess things up.

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 29, 2008, 01:27:04 AM
Therefore: which file has to be removed?? I've got a lot of his stuff.

The Package Handling Center is in the file named Airport_Other.dat, found in the Thalassicus subfolder.
That's the file you need to delete if you want to use Peg's seaports with SWAP.

However, that file also includes the following airport lots:

- Parking Lot
- Parking Garage
- Freight Cargo
- Small Hanger
- Large Hanger
- Refueling Station
- Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT)
- Small Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT)
- Airport Security
- Airport Fire Control

All these eyecandy and other buildings will be separated in AC Functional Airports.
The Package Loading Center will be moved into AC Functional Seaports, and will also be supported by BSC Functional Seaports.

HandsOn

&apls

Well, that takes care of that. All my mistakes: I thought SWAP were already functioning airports. Ah, another night gone done the sleepless tube, or some such thing..I got to stop hanging out here..I'm getting headaches..  $%Grinno$%

RippleJet

Quote from: HandsOn on May 29, 2008, 01:54:21 AM
All my mistakes: I thought SWAP were already functioning airports.

They are indeed, but with too high capacities to be realistic for the game! :thumbsup:

Pat

Tage aint that your goal and along with someothers is to bring the values down to a more realistic values?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Quote from: Pat on May 29, 2008, 09:05:04 AM
Tage aint that your goal and along with someothers is to bring the values down to a more realistic values?

Yes indeed!
The capacities for all airports that were included in SWAP have been reduced before being included in AC Functional Airports, Version 1.0.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie