• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Med Inspirations #52 - Kinbasket Old Mine (2) - April 15

Started by Ol.S / Benoit, May 15, 2011, 01:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reikhardt

I really love your work. The city layout, the greenery, everything  &apls

Kergelen

Really nice MD. I like the way you build your cities  &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

wallasey

I have really enjoyed your last few updates! keep up the great work!

Ol.S / Benoit

REPLIES

IAM : Merci :)
hijodecordoba : Thanks a lot ! Why not ? :) City names are Bilbo, Jamon, Fijo Del Mar, Bartapa and Isla Fortuna for now. I don't pay that much attention to thoose names, this is just my first idea ^^
Aaron Graham : Thanks :) But thats still not perfect for me ^^
nbvc : Thanks  ;)
Reikhardt : Thanks a lot my friend :)
Kergelen : I'm glad you like it, thanks for your comment !
wallasey : I'll try to keep it, thanks !

Tomorrow i'll post a huge poster of Bilbo, 8000x5000 pixels, HD, hope you will like it !

Here is the image posted for the Picture Competition

Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Great views of your city at night!  &apls  The photo competition picture is really beautiful!

kelis

Looks so good ! The names of the cities are so funny...Jamon, Very Spanish  $%Grinno$%

I can't wait for view more, Great job as always  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Ol.S / Benoit

noahclem; kelis : Thanks a lot guys :)

Here is a huge Poster/Mosaic of Bilbo as it was told yesterday !
I recommand you to download it here to have it in High Quality (31,2 Mo) http://www.2shared.com/photo/8bq0_7P_/PosterBilbo2.html

Click to enlarge to full size : 8000x5000
Benoit.

noahclem

Wow, phenomenal poster!  &apls &apls You've done an amazing job with Bilbo, all the diagonals, beaches, forests, roads, and Mediterranean buildings. This massive picture is the perfect way to view it all too! It's really great you've decided to share your talent here at SC4D!

ricardomiranda

You have a fantastic job here, very good taste and great competence as well! Congratulations.

bat

Fantastic work on your MD, Ol.S / Benoit!
Your region and cities are awesome.
The mosaic is also superb!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more great work...

hijodecordoba

if these pictures wont win you the picture competion, what will :) although i might say that imo the sun effect was a bit to much in the upper left corner. nonetheless absolutely amazing pictures. a beautiful town in a beautiful landscape. you must have spend ages for that too.

rooker1

Fantastic pic. 
I marveled over that pic very close up for a long time.  What a huge amount of detail you have managed to put into that city.
&apls
If I could make one tiny helpful hint to you, it would be to cut out the minimize button in the bottom left hand corner.  It's a damn eye sore and for some reason really bothers me when some one spends so much time detailing their city and making a great presentation.
Other than that, what a refreshing pleasure it is to stop by your MD.
&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jack Bauer

Your thread is definetely a pleasure for the eyes. The laarge pano is amazing.

Reikhardt

Love that poster, what a great way to show off your work!

robercik

WWWWWOOOOWWW !!

Amazing job.
Tell me how much time did you spend making this poster? I mean taking the pictures and merging them together
- just playing this game.. the European style :)

Tomas Neto

Awesome Poster/Mosaic of Bilbo!!! Amazing!!!   &apls

Ol.S / Benoit

REPLIES

Thanks a lot for your comments, I also think that this is a good way to show off any city. The first one I've seen is the one of Yann for Vlieland. I thaught that it was amazing, I spent a lot of time looking at it so i decided to make one for Bilbo.
It's a pleasure to share my work and see your comments here :)
The sun in my pics is not here to be realistic, this is just for the atmosphere. But I noticed that some of you dont like my suns ! You'll see that their is no sun for the next pictures :)
I don't think there is any minimized button in that mosaic ? But that's true for the other pictures so i'll try to watch out for that detail next time :)

Actually making that Poster was not that long, something like 30 min. I can take a large picture with a single shortcut, so i move through the map with the keyboard, always in the same way (This is a bit repetitive...) and I shot the city with a high frequency :) Then I have my pics (Took me 5 min). Merging them on photoshop is also quite easy, I open a large layer and as Photoshop can remember the last margin/edge, I merge the pics quite fast and just look closer if everything looks good. (Took me 10/15 min I think as there is somthing like 40 pictures to merge). The last step consist in decorating it so it takes the time you want for it :)

Thanks a lot to noahclem, ricardomiranda, bat, hijodecordoba, rooker1, Jack Bauer, Reikhardt, robercik, IAM and Tomas Neto ! :)

This picture won three rounds in the picture competition, welcome to the HoF  $%Grinno$% !

Benoit.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Girafe

Really nice job,

The giant map is awesome  ;)

keep going further with this region  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *