• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Error in Cleanitol

Started by JeNnYFuR, April 22, 2012, 11:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeNnYFuR

I'm getting this error when I try to open cleanitol.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

I have downloaded the two dlls and placed them in System32. Am I missing something else?

jmyers2043

Quote from: JeNnYFuR on April 22, 2012, 11:48:46 AM
I have downloaded the two dlls and placed them in System32. Am I missing something else?

How about your OS? Cleanitall works fine for me but I'm still using Windows XP.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ScottFTL

Quote from: JeNnYFuR on April 22, 2012, 11:48:46 AM

Try moving the required DLL files into the same folder where Cleanitol is installed.

JeNnYFuR

jmyers2043, I have Windows 7.

ScottFTL, I've tried the dll's in System 32, in the folder with the Cleanitol and any combination of the two. Still didn't work.  :'(

ScottFTL

Quote from: JeNnYFuR on April 26, 2012, 05:25:43 PM
ScottFTL, I've tried the dll's in System 32, in the folder with the Cleanitol and any combination of the two. Still didn't work.  :'(

Have you looked at the Cleanitol: A Guide for Users thread?  Your error indicates that you are missing a required DLL.

Which DLLs did you install?  You need GDIPLUS.SLL and MSVCP71.DLL.  I'd recommend that you place them in the Cleanitol program folder.

JeNnYFuR

Yes, I read it and downloaded both files, placed them in the folder with the program, in System32 and different combinations of the two. Still didn't work,

rosewood_ltd

I'm having what appears to be the same exact issue in Windows 7 32 bit.  Done the DLL thing, have tried running as admin and also tried XP SP2 and XP SP3 compatibility modes,to no avail.  Feeling kinda ignurint and frusterated right now.

ScottFTL

You don't need administrator privileges or compatibility settings to run Cleanitol.  The error "ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd" is definitely caused by a missing DLL, but I don't know why the program isn't able to find the DLL if you have properly installed it.

In addition to the GDIPLUS.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL files, do you have a file named MSVCR71.DLL in the Cleanitol program folder?  I don't know if that was included with Cleanitol or not, but I do have this DLL in my program folder.

You should place all required DLLs directly into the Cleanitol program folder, not into a system directory.  This will ensure that the program can find and use these DLLs.

JeNnYFuR

It's aliiivvveeee!! :D I already had the GDIPLUS.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL in the folder with the program, I downloaded MSVCP71.DLL when I originally downloaded the program, but for some reason it wasn't in my files. I put it in the folder (again) and now it works. Thanks!!