• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GnL Lotting - Turning maxis lots into portuguese/euro looking and lot standards

Started by gn_leugim, January 11, 2012, 05:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

no, but they still have to blend with the textures. I will try to manage the overall look of the textures look something like this(imagine your emove all props, flora and building):

So, i'll try to prevent the jagged orthogonal zig zag we are used to see on diagonal interfaces. For the higher densities, I have a custom side walk texture mod and the correspondent base textures as well the diagonal halves as overlays, so I can manage to do the same trick.

I may also create a set of overlay textures that can be costumable for the sidewalk mod people have, and use it for the lots, so everyone can adapt the lots to his plugins.

gn_leugim

Ok, done with the mid R$.

let me show you some examples, like single standing apartments (1x3, 2x3, 3x3 lots)

I'll make some lots that blend to that dirty backyards so I can extend them  and fill possible gaps :)

and some W2W (1x2 lots)

I know the corner (2x2) don't look that good, but that is mostly due to the fact maxis buildings aren't the most suitable for the job. as I'll get into custom content, that may be different ;)

mave94

Your lots look beautiful. You've used a nice range of different props.
Keep it up! :thumbsup:

gn_leugim

@MrMAvE94: Thank you :)

So, I have found a way to make the conditional props moded faster, so I made it all, I finish the "rep2:01" project XD

Now you wont be seeing chalk outlines or strangely wealthy stuff on poor lots :) Here is a pic to show that and more...

As you can see, I found one model +/- suitable for the job (on the upper left corner) and made one my self (on the right) for W2W low density lots :)

What you think? :)

FrankU

Nice, really nice!
What is that street mod? Looks a bit fuzzy, those small bricks or what it is.

gn_leugim

that is a typical pavement type on Portugal, like this:

on SC4 terms, it is a SAM override I made for the last set (that I don't use at all). It is although unfinished.

About those houses, I will make a mirror version too, as well some colour variations too :)

WC_EEND

Ah yes, those Cobblestones are used quite widely over here as well.
Anyway, I really like your work, keep it up :thumbsup:
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

gn_leugim

Thank you :) and sure I will bring more updates. I have started to look upon new houses to model and study how I'll lot the R$$ :)

FrankU

That's a nice pavement, although I think the colour in game is a bit too saturated. Maybe it works better if you make it more greyish. But that might be just my version of the truth.

gn_leugim

I went through a lot of work back then when I was making this texture replacement (a few years ago, you can see them in the SAM topic). but for now they are on a halt. I am prioritizing lots and bats for now :)

FrankU

gn_leugim

you can also say that ^^

even more, working on them would also mean work on the lot textures and overlays I made too, so they would match.

But meanwhile I'm making the R$$ lots, which soon I'll show up here :)