• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

available - picture List of NAM, NWM, RHW, etc. pieces

Started by greenbelt, May 25, 2010, 11:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbelt

I made a list for myself of all the items (buttons, tabs, rotations) in the road menu.  I have all the latest Network Mods installed.  I wrote a little document using basic xhtml transitional.  I took a screenshot of each and every item at zoom 5 and then added notations etc with GIMP.  The whole thing is set up in a table format.  Don't have a TOC or index.  It's laid out in the same order that the items appear in the road transportation menu.  I'll get a picture of part of the document so you can see it.

Would it be helpful to upload this to SC4D?  There are tons of pictures so posting it would be a problem in terms of bandwidth, etc.  I thought this folder could be downloaded by any who would find this useful.  Double-click the html file and it opens in any browser.

Working on the highways menu next.

greenbelt

Rady

This is definitely worth sharing it!!!! I've done some of them by myself, but didn't have the time and energy to make an complete overview.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Myself.or.?

Ciao greenbelt,
if this would be helpful??? You must be joking. I'm using the NMs since they came out and still struggle to understand (let alone remember) which piece might be where.  %confuso
IMO it would be very helpful, and hopefully not only for me ;).
Maybe, instead of uploading it, you could just attach a PDF to your post. That way anyone who wants it could DL that way. (Since I don't actually know if it would be allowed, before you do it please wait for other responses).
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

Diggis

Myself, that wouldn't work because of the likely size of the PDF.  There is an attachment limit.

Greenbelt, this looks fantastic.  What sort of sizes etc are we looking at for an upload?  I can see this would be very useful.

Andreas

I figure this would be nice for the wiki, which is somewhat underrepresented at the moment. :)
Andreas

jdenm8

Helpful? Really, this kind of thing should be included in the NAM but the old creed of size is kicking.

I would love this.  &apls

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Diggis

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 26, 2010, 06:52:52 AM
Helpful? Really, this kind of thing should be included in the NAM but the old creed of size is kicking.

I would love this.  &apls

The NAM is already one of the largest available downloads, and has already been broken up some.  This would be a great reference, but impracticle to add to the base download.  Andreas's idea of utilising the wiki is a very good one.

MAS71

Nice work Greenbelt  &apls
Quote from: DiggisAndreas's idea of utilising the wiki is a very good one.
We have a wiki for NAM with every versions since few years ago.  ;D (->Links with translated  JPN to ENG)

WC_EEND

that is actually a great idea! &apls &apls Will this be just available in Engish or will other translations be done?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

RippleJet

I wouldn't see a problem having it on the LEX either. :)
If someone from NAM (Andreas?) takes a look at it and verifies that everything is correct, then the NAM Team can upload it.

Once it's uploaded, I can change the name of the uploader to greenbelt. ;)

greenbelt

OK I'll double check this for accuracy and also take a look at the file size.  I could break it up a little into separate folders and maybe e-mail it to Andreas?  He can distribute it however it works best.

Andreas

I'm sure me or someone else from the NAM Team will gladly check it for accuracy; at the moment, I'm not sure about the best method to publish it, but as long as the source files are available in an independent format (i. e. copying from a text file is easier than from a PDF file), we should find a method that works fine.
Andreas

greenbelt

OK. Thanks for the positive response.  :)  I feel great being able to give back to the community after mostly lurking for the last 5 or 6 years.  A little patience while I fix up a bunch of mistakes - gotta count those tabs and rotations properly.   ::)

@Andreas  Thanks.  I'll work on the mistakes I've already found, since I know you're very busy and I am so NOT busy.  There are many errors since I just did it fast for my own use.  But only a couple of days to sort it out.  The pictures are all there, just a matter of matching them up with the right spot in the table.  Oh yea I didn't save them as JPGs so I already fixed that. 

Please PM me with your e-mail or the e-mail of whoever gets this.  Or post instructions.

The document is in basic html (to make the table) written originally in Notepad.  (My notepad broke, so I switched to EditPadLite.)  Actually I had 'trojans' in my registry (?? whatever ??) which I got rid of so Notepad will probably be able to 'Save' again.  And I did a disk check and defrag which helped a lot. 

@WC_EEND  The only language I know is English unfortunately.  Something I really regret since moving to India 2 years ago.  Everyone here speaks at least 2-3 Indian languages in addition to English!  Amazing as the 15 major Indian languages are as different from each other as the various European languages.

Andreas

I'd assume the picture collection is a bit larger, so maybe you could use a file sharing host like RapidShare, MegaUpload, YouSendIt and send me the download link via PM (or post it here).
Andreas

FireSka

greenbelt

Working on the file-sharing thing.  Sorry for the delay.  My son got sick with some intestinal bug.  Lots of sheets to wash.   &hlp  (I assume the smiley is throwing up.  Simpeg has one.)   ()sick()

jakubl

Hi greenbelt.  I have been looking forward to your 'picture index' ever since I read about it earlier in the summer.  Fantastic idea!  I was just wondering if it is still going ahead as the thread has been dead since June 2.