• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No Underground Rail - Tram on/in Road intersection Puzzle Pieces?

Started by cogeo, August 07, 2016, 04:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cogeo

Hi,

Looked into the Underground Rail puzzle pieces, and found intersections with GLR, Tram on Street and Tram-in-Avenue, but not with Tram-on/in-Road. Am I missing something, or such puzzle pieces are just not implemented? And if so, could anyone explain why please? Everything else seems to have been implemented, I mean.

Thank you

z

Ebina engaged in a burst of activity before his departure, expanding the Underground Rail network by a huge amount.  But he apparently didn't get around to intersections with Tram on/in Road.  Since his unfortunate departure six years ago, no real work has been done on the Underground Rail network.

RTMT 4.0 will have Tram in/on Road stations where Underground Rail can pass underneath them; these stations are largely finished in the RTMT Team's files.  They should provide similar functionality to puzzle-piece implementation of simple intersections of these types.  The major difference is that Sims will be able to change networks at these crossings.

Similarly, RTMT 4.0 has support for both FLUP and Underground Rail crossings for all the NWM networks.

And RTMT 4.0 is once again proceeding slowly but steadily toward completion.  The main limiting factor is my health, which is holding up pretty well these days.

cogeo

Thanks for the reply Steve!

So they are indeed missing.

I have also noticed that there are no Tram-in/on-Street/Road/AvenuexRail intersections either. I think it wouldn't be a very hard job to do, at least the essential simple orthogonal intersections would be very doable. I would like to ask here, is there some specific reason they were not made? (eg colliding automata, paths not working, automata changing routes or such? I would be willing to make these (I have made a set of puzzle pieces - Fenced GLR - as well T21s for Tram-in-Road/Street, which I haven't released. All I need is a a proper range of IDs; who manages these currently really?

z

Quote from: cogeo on August 07, 2016, 11:26:16 PM
I have also noticed that there are no Tram-in/on-Street/Road/AvenuexRail intersections either. I think it wouldn't be a very hard job to do, at least the essential simple orthogonal intersections would be very doable. I would like to ask here, is there some specific reason they were not made? (eg colliding automata, paths not working, automata changing routes or such?

It's much simpler than that - once Ebina left the NAM, no one picked up this network.  It's the same reason that there hasn't been any work on FLUP in years; work there stopped after Chrisim retired.

QuoteI would be willing to make these (I have made a set of puzzle pieces - Fenced GLR - as well T21s for Tram-in-Road/Street, which I haven't released. All I need is a a proper range of IDs; who manages these currently really?

I'm sure that the NAM Team would be very happy to incorporate these into the NAM.  I'd recommend posting in the NAM Team Discussion thread, which would also be the best place to get your IDs.