• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments:
art128: Somehow, I always forget to leave a reply in this MD. It's a shame because it really is a good MD worth to read.

That's an impressive neighborhood there. The cemetery is well made. I also like a lot the elevated rail line going through the area.

Thanks.  I feel a lot of people don't always drop replies here.  I'm guilty of doing it myself.

RickD:
I like the Albany and Trinity neighborhoods. Looks like a very nice place to live.

Thank you.  Different feels to both.

noahclem:
Great work in these last updates    I love all the green on the edges of the town and you do a really nice job with the suburbs. Of course the maps and overviews are fantastic

Thank you.

Update 82 - TRINITY: Trinity Grand Mall
Merry Christmas Eve!  Nice how this worked out; today we check out Trinity Grand Mall and so far there have been no drunk Santas at Trinity Grand.

Trinity Grand Mall

Trinity Amusement Park

You are here.

Merry Christmas.  Was super excited last night booking flights for my girlfriend and I to America.  She got her travel visa.  But I have hit a road bump with the tickets.  Picked a bad website it seems and they are struggling to verify my identity and credit card and trying to charge me fees for the delay, sigh.  It slipped my mind to cross-check the flight plan on Orbitz and I could have gotten the same deal there with no hassles...Sorry, I strayed Orbitz, I love you.

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Uzil

Your work is simply outstanding, please continues in this way.
I'm always fascinated by your map...  &apls

packersfan

Uzil: Your work is simply outstanding, please continues in this way.
I'm always fascinated by your map...

Thank you.  Glad you like the map.

Update 83 - JEFFERSON: Newberg's Creek and Fremont Pocket
Now we are on the other side North I-55 on the northeast side of the City of Jefferson.  The extreme northeast area contains a few subdivisions in between Newberg's Creek, I-55, railroad, and N-45.  South of West Monticello Drive and west of North 16th Street is a little pocket of the City of Martin called Fremont Pocket.

Little subdivision tucked in between the railroad, West Virginia Road, N-45, and Newberg's Creek.  Not the greatest location, though, as planes are on approach to Martin Municipal Airport.

Old section of the City of Jefferson.

Anna Clara Junior High School part of the Jefferson Trinity Unified School District

Hobson Community Church

Subdivision in between Lampson Avenue, I-55, and Newberg's Creek.

Fremont Pocket.  JMyers created these incredible low-wealth houses.  Thanks!

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed this update. Filled in the gaps between the City of Martin, City of Jefferson, and the City of Trinity.  It is a little difficult to fill in between N-45, the railroad, and I-55, especially north of Virginia Road.

Swordmaster

Nice updates. I like the backstreets in between the residentials. Not sure why you're plopping lots in the open terrain though, maybe to get the park zone in region transportation view? The current texture you use on those lots creates a tiling effect that sticks out a little. If you change the texture to multi-fsh, you can mitigate that problem by using several random textures at once.

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

Welcome to OSITM, packersfan. Since this is your second appearance here, double congratulations from the OSITM Committee. Everyone is looking forward to the January treats you have in store for us.

Kergelen

Congrats on the OSITM. Well deserved. &apls

I really like your layouts and your fantastic region view. Also nice MMPing in the last pictures :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

Congrats on the OSITM! Well deserved, you keep the great work coming even when the popularity is low.

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rooker1

Congrats on your second time in OSITM....a very well deserved move indeed!!
Happy New Year!
Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

ecoba

Congratulations on a second run in OSITM! From what I see it is well deserved.

I really love the way that your screenshots are so well-detailed; everything from the street names to the flora really completes every shot. And then, as a bonus, everything comes together in a cohesive region view so beautifully! In addition, the street map you've posted with the update shows further dedication.

I'll be sure to stop by more often; this could easily be one of my new favorites.  :)

Ethan

noahclem

Congratulations on your OSITM  :party:  I'm certainly looking forward to what you'll have for us this month. Great pictures on the last updates and I hope all your travel plans work out well  :thumbsup:

RickD

Second Ositm ... nice!  :thumbsup: I hope you got those plane tickets.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

packersfan

RickD: Second Ositm ... nice!   I hope you got those plane tickets.

Yup, got the plane tickets!  Yeah, about time for another OSITM, right?

noahclem:
Congratulations on your OSITM    I'm certainly looking forward to what you'll have for us this month. Great pictures on the last updates and I hope all your travel plans work out well

I am not promising anything extra special for the OSITM, but I might do a Martin County Park System update and possibly start work on a new INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.  Any idea if there are diagonal runways and stuff for airports, yet?  I have a hard time following what exactly is going on in the airport development with Sim City.

ecoba:
Congratulations on a second run in OSITM! From what I see it is well deserved.

I really love the way that your screenshots are so well-detailed; everything from the street names to the flora really completes every shot. And then, as a bonus, everything comes together in a cohesive region view so beautifully! In addition, the street map you've posted with the update shows further dedication.

I'll be sure to stop by more often; this could easily be one of my new favorites. 

Ethan

I am so glad to be OSITM again.  It was so long ago the last time I was OSITM, and my diary seems to fly under the radar.  Glad to be attracting new fans!

rooker1:
Congrats on your second time in OSITM....a very well deserved move indeed!!
Happy New Year!
Robin

Thanks a lot!

sunv123: Congrats on the OSITM! Well deserved, you keep the great work coming even when the popularity is low.

Keep up the great work!

Well I post on a number of different sites, so the update is weekly despite the lackluster response on SC4D.

Kergelen:
Congrats on the OSITM. Well deserved.

I really like your layouts and your fantastic region view. Also nice MMPing in the last pictures

Thanks, I only dabble a little in MMPs, mostly to cover things up, haha.

Jmouse:
Welcome to OSITM, packersfan. Since this is your second appearance here, double congratulations from the OSITM Committee. Everyone is looking forward to the January treats you have in store for us.

Thank you.  Great to be exposed to some new fans.  No promises, but there might be an update highlighting the Martin County Park System...and MAYBE the beginnings of a new INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Swordmaster:
Nice updates. I like the backstreets in between the residentials. Not sure why you're plopping lots in the open terrain though, maybe to get the park zone in region transportation view? The current texture you use on those lots creates a tiling effect that sticks out a little. If you change the texture to multi-fsh, you can mitigate that problem by using several random textures at once.

Cheers
Willy

I suppose I plop the lots to blend with the maxis lots, though I find it to be more trouble and not as pretty as it could be.  Ah, the limitations and bad habits I have.

Update 84 - JEFFERSON: A New Year's Overview
One more look at the City of Jefferson before we head back down to the South Side.  Jefferson has expanded rapidly during its fifty year history.  Along with the City of Trinity, Jefferson seems intent on halting the expansion of the City of Martin northward.  Trinity and Jefferson are further linked by the Jefferson Trinity Unified School District.  As of this update Jefferson has a population of approximately 17,000.

Above: Jefferson High School (JTUSD), home of the Tigercats.

Below: Early Jefferson forming around the intersection of Sussex Pike (future D15/N45) and Grove Street (soon renamed Monticello Road and eventually Monticello Drive).

Thirty years later Jefferson spread significantly as factories rose alongside the railroad.

Today, Jefferson is directly adjacent to the City of Martin with the city line at Fremont Road.

Expansion has slowed, especially to the north, though the City of Jefferson and the City of Martin are racing to annex land to the north around Martin Municipal Airport.

Intersection of North 8th Street / Main Street (D15/N45) and West Fremont Road (County Highway F).

Downtown Jefferson

Erie Park

West Monticello Drive headed west out of downtown towards Trinity

Jefferson Body Plant: one of the first large businesses to open up shop in Jefferson along the railroad.

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed another North Side update.  Next time I will either tour the Martin County Park System or head down to the City of Hawthorne on the South Side.  The map has been update to reflect some work I did on the South Side a while ago.

M4346

Yet another spectacularly detailed, visually stimulating and incredibly informative update!  ()stsfd()

I love it! and I love this MD!  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work!   &apls

M

EDIT: PS. Please do share your incredible map making skills, trips, tricks and tutorials with us! ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

Impressive work with the industrial area and its surroundings. Hudson park is beautiful, the little creek going through it adds a lot to the area.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great work again! A big update filled with nice neighborhoods and details. Unfortunately the diagonal runway project seems to have been abandoned :/

Swordmaster

Mmm. . . diagonal runways. I've virtually no experience with airports, but I should suppose creating diagonal textures is a piece of cake. Stitch together the originals, rotate them, slice up, make some lots. . . am I missing something?

Congrats on OSITM! Nice suburb here, and quite a realistic implantation of industrial parks in the region.

Cheers
Willy

bat

Congrats on your second OSITM award! And wonderful images of your nice city.
Also nice road maps. :thumbsup:

packersfan

bat: Congrats on your second OSITM award! And wonderful images of your nice city.
Also nice road maps.

Thanks.  Glad to be catching new eyes!

Swordmaster:
Mmm. . . diagonal runways. I've virtually no experience with airports, but I should suppose creating diagonal textures is a piece of cake. Stitch together the originals, rotate them, slice up, make some lots. . . am I missing something?

Congrats on OSITM! Nice suburb here, and quite a realistic implantation of industrial parks in the region.

Cheers
Willy

Well piece of cake if I was at all familiar with texture editing and that stuff.  I really am a novice when it comes to that stuff.

noahclem:
Great work again! A big update filled with nice neighborhoods and details. Unfortunately the diagonal runway project seems to have been abandoned :/

But I just saw a recent entry somewhere with some using awesome diagonal runways, taxiways...maybe he/she can be so kind as to make it a set available for download, hehe.

art128:
Impressive work with the industrial area and its surroundings. Hudson park is beautiful, the little creek going through it adds a lot to the area.

I hope to showcase much more of the Orchard Creek Parkway in a future update.  Thanks!

M4346:
Yet another spectacularly detailed, visually stimulating and incredibly informative update! 

I love it! and I love this MD! 

Keep up the great work!   

M

EDIT: PS. Please do share your incredible map making skills, trips, tricks and tutorials with us!

Thank you.  I put together a tutorial on Simtropolis about how I make the maps...I think I completed it...I can't remember.  I'll have to post that in this diary sometime.

Update 85 - Martin County Park System: Northside Part 1
Welcome to the Martin County Park System.  Today I will showcase nine parks from the northside (of Brittany River).  I hope you enjoy the tour.

Peach Park, located on the northwest side between West Fremont Road, North 34th Street, West Chambers Street, and North 37th Street.  You may not realize it, but this picture is a composite of pictures from three different city tiles.  I actually messed up the alignment of the bike path, but did a little editing in the photo editor instead of going back and fixing the problem.  Then I had some fun with the perspective tool.

Sunport Park, located on the very south side of the City of Trinity, just north of I-55 and West Clement Avenue.  It is bordered by North Frontier Hills Drive, North Locknell Drive, and West Sun Port Lane.

Henne Park, located just south of Henne Park Medical Center, bordered by West Townshend Avenue, North 29th Street, West Concordia Avenue, and North 32nd Street.  At this point, I started to learn that in order to use the perspective tool well, I needed to stitch together multiple mosaics horizontally in order to provide enough material for a picture to be taken.

Concordia Park, located between North Clement Avenue and I-55, bordered by West Concordia Avenue, North Clybourn Avenue, North 18th Street, West Morgan Avenue, and North 21st Street.  The normal SimCity perspective seems a little boring now, doesn't it?

Rutland Park, located between West Locust Street, North 13th Street, West Bayleaf Avenue, North Clement Avenue, and North 16th Street.  This picture took at least four or five mosaics from two bordering tiles composited together.  If you really look closely, you can see where the composite is not perfect due to terrain differences, cut off shadows, etc.

Morgan Park, located just south of Ulysses Rutland High School, bordered by West Morgan Avenue, North 6th Street, West Orchard Avenue, and North 7th Street.  Another "boring" Sim City perspective picture, haha.

Lookout Park, located across the street from Eternal Rest Cemetery, bordered by West Fremont Road, North 14th Street, West Vine Street, and North 16th Street.  This picture is a composite from four different city tiles.  Unfortunately, it is brutally apparent that I did not match up the grass between the west tiles and the east tiles...oh well...I'm lazy

Clara Park, located in the City of Jefferson, bordered by West Henry Avenue, Austin Avenue, West Fulton Avenue, and Tripoli Street.  We just saw this park within the last two updates.

Erie Park, located in the City of Jefferson, bordered by West Hudson Avenue, Lenox Street, West Fremont Road, and Pryor Avenue.  I believe we saw this park at night in the last update.

You are here.

I planned to show ALL the parks of the Martin County Park System, but I've barely scratched the surface, since I really focused on hiding the borders.  Many of my parks are located on the edges of maps and in some cases cover the corners of 4 different tiles!  Luckily, I've now got making mosaics and composites down to a science, haha.  I am working on a mosaic/composite of the Orchard Creek Parkway.  Discovering a good use for the perspective tool has really opened up possibilities for showing off more of my city in a much different way than just mosaics.  A mosaic is just a slice up and down the Sim City perspective, but with the perspective tool I can see more area than just that slice.  I'm really looking forward to showing off the whole parkway all at once!

Tell me what you think...oh, who am I kidding, of course you will tell me what you think of the perspectives and the composites.  Looking forward to the conversation.

Swordmaster

Nice parks, and good experimenting with the angles. Not everyone of them worked, though; some are too stretched and the whole thing starts looking flat.

You should, in any way, start numbering your pictures.

Quote from: packersfan on January 14, 2013, 03:23:09 AM
Swordmaster:Mmm. . . diagonal runways. I've virtually no experience with airports, but I should suppose creating diagonal textures is a piece of cake. Stitch together the originals, rotate them, slice up, make some lots. . . am I missing something?

Cheers
Willy

Well piece of cake if I was at all familiar with texture editing and that stuff.  I really am a novice when it comes to that stuff.

Well, translate your mosaic science to textures - it's the same principle. Find the runway textures in the pack and follow my tutorial to extract the PNGs. Then do your magic in whatever image program you use.

In any case, if no one did it by the time I need it in PSC, then I'll do it myself. That may still take a couple of years, though.

Cheers
Willy

jmyers2043

This is a great MD. No doubt. I like the region shots, the maps, and I get Sooo many ideas for my own game. Thank you for sharing.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)