• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Three good updates here. Neat railroading in the first one, and cool sports venues in the last. Keep at it.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

Excellent work on the last updates  &apls  I like the idea of including the local map, and as always your maps are an inspiration. The greenspaces and networks are very well-done as well  :thumbsup:

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments:
noahclem: Excellent work on the last updates    I like the idea of including the local map, and as always your maps are an inspiration. The greenspaces and networks are very well-done as well 

Thanks.  Many other journals in turn inspire me.

Swordmaster:
Three good updates here. Neat railroading in the first one, and cool sports venues in the last. Keep at it.

Cheers
Willy

Will do.  Thanks!

Update 76 - Northeastern Martin University: Academic Facilities
Now for the north part of Northeastern Martin University.  Academic halls, residence halls, research facilities, art centers, etc, are located along the lakefront.

ABOVE: NEU College of Medicine including a teaching university hospital.

BELOW: The northernmost section of campus includes more athletic facilities: Crown Swimming Center and Norris Field House.

The academic hub of NEU.

East Orchard Avenue bridge over Honey Creek.

East Lanswell Terrace bridge over Chester Lake.

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed the second half of the Northeastern Martin University updates!

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Swordmaster

Very good!

And very strange, too. 76 updates on just 16 pages? You deserve a lot more comments.

Cheers
Willy

noahclem

The DoW always reminds me of my old home, Milwaukee. Great work again  &apls

Kergelen

Great campus. I like the layout and the green spaces.

Your region shot is stunning &apls

Links to SC4 websites

apeguy

Nice update, I like how you've spread the campus along the coastline, and the region shot is awesome. ;D

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

packersfan

apeguy: Nice update, I like how you've spread the campus along the coastline, and the region shot is awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks, just happened that way with the campus.

Kergelen:
Great campus. I like the layout and the green spaces.

Your region shot is stunning

Thank you.  I enjoyed laying out a lot of green spaces.

noahclem:
The DoW always reminds me of my old home, Milwaukee. Great work again

Well, Milwaukee is my home!

Swordmaster:
Very good!

And very strange, too. 76 updates on just 16 pages? You deserve a lot more comments.

Cheers
Willy

Yeah, I definitely don't get a lot of comments here.

Update 77 - South Martin: Commonwealth Field
We cruise back down to the south side along Sapphire Lake.  Welcome to Commonwealth Field home of the Martin Crusaders WFL football team.  Commonwealth Stadium seats 80,000 and features a retractable roof and natural grass field.

Commonwealth Field: home of the Martin Crusaders WFL football team.

You are here.

Ended up putting a football stadium along the lake.  Much more pleasant than just out next to a freeway interchange.  Hope you enjoy it.  Teemu did an incredible job with Reliant Stadium.

RickD

Wow, that is a huge stadium. Good they have lots of parking and a freeway connection. But is there also a metro station? I see el-rail in the first picture but it is not on the map.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

packersfan

RickD: Wow, that is a huge stadium. Good they have lots of parking and a freeway connection. But is there also a metro station? I see el-rail in the first picture but it is not on the map.

Yeah, there is a metro station, but currently, the line runs to nowhere.  Eventually the line will likely connect to Red Line 1.  I'm trying to decide whether to run the line up along the freeway and then along Wisconsin Avenue to connect with Red Line 1, or pull it along McHenry Blvd to connect with Red Line 1 at McHenry station.  Then the decision becomes whether or not the line should continue beyond the stadium and which direction: south along the lakefront through St. Paul or cut across west just north of Penelope River to provide another east-west line to Hawthorne.

Update 78 - HOHLER: Mayers Estates
We move west a few miles to the eastern edge of the Village of Hohler, Mayers Estates.  Butler Mayers was a wealthy land owner.  Eventually he opened some of his land up for residential development for the increasing upper middle-class and wealthy-class.  Thus Mayers Estates was born.  When the new neighborhood began development, it was still relatively remote, though the Village of Hohler was only half a mile to the west and the University of Wenzel - Martin campus was north about half a mile.  To the south and east only farmland for the next mile or so.  Now Mayers Estates is nearly surrounded by development and forms the Village of Hohler's eastern border with the City of Martin.

Development starts on old farmland.

Mayers Park was completed early as an anchor for future residential development.

Mayers Park anchors and provides a safe, relaxing place for families to spend time outdoors.

Intersection of West Mulholland Avenue and South 64th Street.

Definitely a green and suburban area at the edge of the City of Martin.

You are here.

Hope you enjoyed this update.  I really enjoyed heading back to the south side of Martin.  I haven't played SimCity a lot lately, but I am hope that changing work locations within Martin will help stimulate activity.

noahclem

Great work with these nice suburban scenes  &apls  Those houses fit so perfectly along the diagonals, I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea. The farm fields also look very nice. The stadium area is great as well and it's nice to see that RHW along the water  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

Nice subdivision, but probably out of my price range. How much is the average house here?

Cheers
Willy

art128

Nice work with Mayers Estate and park. A very cool area you have there, seems like a calm place to live.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

packersfan

art128: Nice work with Mayers Estate and park. A very cool area you have there, seems like a calm place to live.

Yeah, it was inspired by a neighborhood I lived in located in southwest Milwaukee, 76th Street and Howard (Wedgewood Park), though my neighborhood ended up looking more upper class than the one I lived in.

Swordmaster:
Nice subdivision, but probably out of my price range. How much is the average house here?

Cheers
Willy

Hmm, not sure, I'm not really sure how much houses go for these days, but I would say you'd have to be upper middle class/upper class for this neighborhood.

noahclem:
Great work with these nice suburban scenes    Those houses fit so perfectly along the diagonals, I hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea. The farm fields also look very nice. The stadium area is great as well and it's nice to see that RHW along the water

Thank you.  Glad you think the houses fit.  Curvy roads and lot orientation is one of the limitations of SC4.

Update 79 - Fort Orangeport Drive: Albany Neighborhood
We head back up north and east to the intersection of South 48th Street and West Fort Orangeport Drive.  Today I will showcase another stretch of Fort Orangeport Drive.  This stretch runs through Albany Neighborhood (derived from the name of the park situation within the neighborhood.  Update 80 will likely feature more scenes from Albany Neighborhood proper.  This update will focus on stuff close to Fort Orangeport Drive including some industrial facilities split between the City of Milwaukee and Village of Hohler.

Most consider Albany Neighborhood to extend to the railroad tracks the run parallel to West Hohler Avenue.  Transfiguration Lutheran Church is one of at least ten worship places within the area.

Just across Fort Orangeport Drive is another church: All Souls Christian.

Storage and manufacturing facilites along the Hohler Railroad.

Oops, overlooked the B'nai Israel Synagogue on 53rd and Fort Orangeport in this picture.

A smiley face watertower greets people as they enter "The Drive".

We can see a few of the trees from Mayers Estates to the south.

Village of Hohler Waste Management and Recycling Facilities

You are here.

I couldn't resist doing a sort of "drive" down a stretch of road.  It is one of those updates that shows off just the city "filler".  Nothing special except regular city.  I suppose one of these updates I'll have to get back into making road signs, haha.

eldaldo

I love how massive your region is. your region shots are incredible.

packersfan

eldaldo: I love how massive your region is. your region shots are incredible.

Thanks.  Always going for realism.

Update 80 - South Mayers Road: Fort Orangeport Dr to Axelrod Ave
Today we take a "drive" south on Mayers Road, the border of the City of Martin and the Village of Hohler between Fort Orangeport Drive and Mulholland Avenue.

Milwaukee-style apartments line Mayers Road.

Butler Mayers High School

Albany Middle School

Albany Neighborhood by day.

Albany Neighborhood at evening.

You are here.

Here is another "drive".  Been working on the northside of the city while also busy with school.  Hope you enjoy this update.

packersfan

Update 81 - TRINITY: Northside Ring Suburb
Today we check out Trinity, a very green and suburban ring town just north of Clement Avenue and I-55.  We will check out the main drag through the eastern edge of Trinity, Trinity Boulevard, next time.  Today we look at the area around Frontier Road and the passenger rail line that runs through the heart of Trinity.

Amazing houses from JMyers and Mattb325.  Thanks, you guys are awesome.

Awesome condos from Mattb325.  Thanks!!!

First Trinity Church, first church in the suburb of Trinity.

So much green in Trinity.

You are here.

I downloaded an excellent set of houses from JMyers, low wealth, which really spruce up the low-wealth housing with more realism.  Mattb325 made those excellent condos that really help fill in the city.

noahclem

Great work in these last updates  &apls  I love all the green on the edges of the town and you do a really nice job with the suburbs. Of course the maps and overviews are fantastic  :o

RickD

I like the Albany and Trinity neighborhoods. Looks like a very nice place to live.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Somehow, I always forget to leave a reply in this MD. It's a shame because it really is a good MD worth to read.

That's an impressive neighborhood there. The cemetery is well made. I also like a lot the elevated rail line going through the area.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog