• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Great pictures as always! And deforestation is an important and very tragic topic. The scale of the depletion of our nature is horrifying.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

You will think that I do not know anything else that "it's beautiful" ... But it's true, there is nothing else to say when seeing your images, they are beautiful! :D Always full of details and so realistic, but I think the first image is part of my favorite of all your updates! It's just crazy, the level of detail and houses on the water. You sell dreams! Congratulations! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

- UPDATE 94: Industrial Scenes (Preview) -

For our next two updates, we're taking a look at a wide variety of industrial scenes from across the globe. From heavy industrial zones, seaports, refineries, warehouse districts, mining projects and much more - it's going to be quite the showcase. There's going to be two separate updates, so stay tuned - but in the meantime, here's a preview of what I have in store.

Also, I want to give a special thanks to Simmer2 for all the fantastic lots and models used in this update :thumbsup:

Abandoned factories and train depots in Czestochowa, Poland.

A view of a rusted and run down oil refinery in rural Albania.

Small refinery and oil pipelines crossing the Canadian Arctic.

Oil refineries in northern Alberta, Canada.

A view of the many warehouses and factories that line the Los Angeles River.

Heavy industry in Norilsk, Russia.

Abandoned seaports like this one in Aral'sk, Kazakhstan can be found on the shores of the disappearing Aral Sea.

-korver

---

Replies

fantozzi: Well, I can't make any promises as of yet or give any timelines (I still have a massive batch of updates I need to finally finish up) - but it is something I'm looking at down the road.

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment and nice words - the scale of the deforestation going on is quite sad indeed.

Akallan: Thank you very much for the comment - I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures :thumbsup:

dyoungyn

Wow, completely WOW &apls

It is so disappointing to see what man has done to mother earth with rusting and abandoned metal polluting the land.  It truly is such an embarrassing and disgusting reality of everything we take for granted and thankful for not realizing the devastating damage we all are doing to mother earth. 

God bless this earth we all live in.

art128

Stunning industrial scenes. Quite liked Norilsk, but i have a very big liking to anything soviet/russian.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alan_Waters

I was not in any of these places, but the atmosphere, the mood ...
BRAVO!!! &apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

I may have made the models but you made them shine even though they are rusty  :D

Bravo &apls &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

korver

- UPDATE 95: Industrial Scenes - Part I -

Today, our tour of the world's industrial areas begins with a look at a number of refineries, seaports, train yards, and more. We'll begin in East Chicago, Indiana - where heavy industrial areas can be found along the shores of Lake Michigan.

A scene from Czestochowa, Poland - where abandoned factories and train depots surround the city's rail lines.

Railway roundhouse and train yard in the Midwestern U.S.

A view of a rusted and run down oil refinery in rural Albania, located on the Patos-Marinza heavy oil field.

Nighttime view of an oil refinery in Saudi Arabia.

Small refinery and oil pipelines crossing the Canadian Arctic.

Refineries, factories, and a maze of pipelines stretch on for as far as the eye can see in Fort McMurray, Alberta.

Pump jacks and oil refineries in rural California.

A look at the massive, colorfully painted cooling towers of Johannesburg's Orlando Power Station.

Located in Australia's Outback, the Kalgoorlie Super Pit was the world's largest open cut gold mine for many years.

A view of Fisher Body Plant 21 - a long abandoned automobile factory in Detroit, Michigan.

We're traveling back in time for the next scene - to 1930's Chicago, where the city's meatpacking district and rail yards made it one of the country's most important industrial centers.

Seaports, factories, and refineries line the shores of Pig's Eye Lake - located just outside St. Paul, Minnesota on the Mississippi River.

A snowy day in the mining town of Norilsk, Russia.

-korver

Replies

dyoungyn: Thank you very much for the nice words, appreciate the comment :)

art128: Thanks for the comment, glad you liked the Norilsk scene :)

Alan_Waters: Glad you enjoyed the update :)

Simmer2: Thanks for the kind words and for your incredible contributions to the community over the years :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you korver

Fantastic compositions! Can't wait to see part2.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

Korver,

Would love to see some credit due to the U.S. for the Bingham Kinney Kit Cooper mine in the mountains of West Utah.  Still yet to be the largest open pit mine for Copper digging deeper into the mountain range.  Man as literally displaced an entire Mountain else-where. 

Tyberius06

Woooow korver!

These are some really serious industrial scenes. Beautiful work!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

korver

- UPDATE 96: Industrial Scenes - Part II -

The industrial scenes conclude today with a wide variety of pictures from across the globe - and we'll begin the tour in Aral'sk, Kazakhstan. Due to the Aral Sea drying up, the seaport and nearby factories have been abandoned for decades - although with talks of a new dam, things could change around in the near future.

A few views from Rotterdam, The Netherlands - home to one of the world's largest seaports.

A smoggy, hot day at the Port of Toronto.

Solar farms in the Western U.S.

Wind farms in rural California.

A rainy day in Maracaibo, Venezuela - home to some of the world's largest oil pump jack fields.

A look at the Swan Mill Power Plant (Svanemølleværket), located in an industrial area in Copenhagen, Denmark.

A smoggy day in Johannesburg, South Africa - where the famous Nelson Mandela Bridge crosses a heavily industrial area filled with factories and railyards.

A scene a 1940's Chicago - where meat packing warehouses line the Chicago River.

A few more scenes from Norilsk, Russia - where pollution from the nearby nickel smelting factories have turned it into one of the world's most polluted cities.

Heavy industry on Zug Island, located in Detroit, Michigan.

A look at the areas surrounding the Los Angeles River - filled with warehouses for as far as the eye can see.

-korver

Replies

Simmer2: Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the update :thumbsup:

dyoungyn: Thanks for the comment! I've actually done a little research on the Bingham Kinney Kit Cooper mine before when I was studying scenes for the Western U.S. update and I might give it a go in the future. There's still some more scenes from the Western U.S. I want to do (and maybe another Industrial update) down the road, so we'll see ;)

Tyberius06: Thank you very much for the kind words!

art128

Absolutely splendid and well made industrial scenes again!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alan_Waters

There is no need to stomp shoes in the march to a wonderful exhibition ... A wonderful exhibition with great views of the world has already come to us.
Thank you very much!

korver

- UPDATE 97: Sights From Sydney - Part I -

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been quietly putting the finishing touches on my Sydney Harbour recreation - and now with the tile just about complete, it's time for another look at the Harbour City. I'll be splitting the tour into two parts - and for the first part today we'll be taking a look at some scenes from the CBD, Royal Botanic Garden, and more. No trip to Sydney is complete however without a visit to the world famous Sydney Opera House - so that's where we'll begin our journey. Enjoy!

A few overviews of the CBD:

A few of the city's most distinctive skyscrapers - Australia Square, Deutsche Bank Place, & 1 O'Connell Street.

A closeup view of Sydney's impressive MLC Centre. Standing 748 feet tall, it was the tallest building in the city from 1977-1992.

A number of assorted scenes from in and around Sydney's world famous CBD.

Sydney's Royal Botanic Garden is one of the world's most impressive urban parks and has been a popular destination in the city since opening back in 1816.

Sydney truly comes alive at nighttime.

Finally, a couple overviews of Sydney and it's famous harbour.

-korver

Thanks to art128 & Alan_Waters for your kind comments on the previous update! :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

In my native, Russian language there are not enough definitions praising these masterpieces, and even in English, with which I am very bad, all the more.
Grand !!!

dyoungyn

Wow,

Even better then the first time.  I have been to Sydney four separate times while in the U.S. Navy and always moored at the Ausy Navy Port on the other side of the park.  Your details are spot on, GREAT job.

manga rivotra

I think we can easily say that your industrial scenes are by far the most perfectly reproduced in Sim City! No competitor, really.  ;)
As for Sydney, I am fascinated as much by your attention to detail in parks, including this very fine work with MMPs to reproduce the landscaping of vegetation, the slight deterioration of turf on the edge of the aphalt or the behavior of walkers on the paths and lawns, and by your aerial views which are incredibly realistic!  :o
Someone who is not used to your perfect mastery of the game, might think that it is a photo or an artistic drawing as the constraints of the game seem to evaporate when you create.
I do not get tired of your magic! Thank you for the show. :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 98: Sights From Sydney - Part II -

Our trip to Sydney concludes today with a wide variety of scenes from the CBD, Royal Botanic Gardens, Circular Quay, Lavender Bay, and much more. We'll begin with a few more views of Sydney's impressive downtown - enjoy!

A rainy day at the iconic Sydney Tower - the Southern Hemisphere's second tallest observation tower.

A number of scenes from around Sydney's iconic harbour and Circular Quay:

Lavender Bay can be found north of the city's CBD and is one its wealthiest and most livable suburbs.

Sydney's beautiful Royal Botanic Gardens are truly an urban oasis - and make for a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.

A couple more scenes from the CBD and around the city's Botanic Gardens:

A few mosaics of Sydney's impressive skyline and harbour - with a look at the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge as well.

And finally, a few more overviews and panoramas of Sydney in all its glory:

-korver

Thanks to Alan_Waters, dyoungyn, & manga rivotra for your kind comments, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

dyoungyn

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!  Brings back memories of the time when I was in the U.S. Navy making a port visit and marching in a parade downtown for military week.  Truly a memorable moment.  I can just see where the route could have been in your detail job of glorious Sydney.  Would love to see some of the Navy Pier and the luxurious "Pots Point" and up the hill down "Macley St". Along this street is some very nice little hotels here and there and with the tree lined route really reminds me the U.S. only in Australia.