• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Light Rail

Started by miggoycor, November 17, 2009, 04:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenwong

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on November 18, 2009, 07:23:18 PM
Wow... Anyway we can have functional road underpasses and stuff?
maybe we can create a pizzle pieces to set the GLR path that under ground ()what()
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

Diggis

Quote from: CaptCity on November 18, 2009, 06:40:15 PM
According to the Readme in the zip file (which I do have if no one else does) the set needs NOB's Wall & Station Set (The fourth link in the 'Others' section on NOB's site - I think) and the NAM October 2005 version. I have used it with the newest NAM and haven't noticed any glaring issues, but I don't know about any 'nuts-and-bolts' issues. Just my two cents...

Pretty sure I have the wall set, which I will upload as well separately as it's a dependency for a bit of NOB's stuff.  And I doubt the new NAM's have broken them in any way.  I think it needs the 2005 at least because it added the GLR.

miggoycor

Quote from: Chrisim on November 18, 2009, 03:00:55 PM

or you plop them separately (second image) and connect them with subway (but you loose automata and UDI)

But then, how did this happen? There are two puzzle pieces side by side and automata works. Maybe it needs two or more puzzle pieces for random automata? Or can random automata appear on one piece?
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

miggoycor

So how's the collecting going?  ;D
All the parts found?  $%Grinno$%
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Gamma4815

Is anyone gathering all the parts, or is there simply no hope? 
All we can do is wait to see if one day these can finally be collected. ;D

dragonshardz

I think I have all of these lots, somewhere. Of course, I can't share or upload them without permission from the creator.

Jonathan

If you want to keep it so the automata and UDI can go between the lots which are separated by roads, then plop the FLUPs piece on the roads, they have underground tram paths on them which connect up to the lots.

Someone should edit these models so they are 1 tile long so you can have any length of sunken GLR.

dragonshardz

I forget who the author is. I will check later today when I get home from class.

WC_EEND

RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Diggis

Just to reassure you all, I'm looking at these still.  I have permission from NOB to upload them. I'm just updating the details and description and will put them up for testing when I'm done.

Quote from: Jonathan on February 24, 2010, 10:38:17 AM
Someone should edit these models so they are 1 tile long so you can have any length of sunken GLR.

That's easier said than done, as it would require a new model.  The original model is 4x1 and isn't that easy to change.  I'm taking a look to see what I can do, but it'll be a very tedious job and I may well get sick of it :P  

SimNation

Do not listen to him Diggis just clean up and upload these babies so we can have them  :P

Diggis

Oh, I'll do the sunken GLR lots and get them up for testing.  Then I'll have a play.

Edit:  Is this what you have in mind Jon?

miggoycor

COOL!! :)

THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE!!!
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
;D
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

newsimaddict

OwlGreene

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO IN ORDER TO GET THESE LOTS AVAILABLE????????

Andreas

Quote from: OwlGreene on April 08, 2010, 05:49:19 PM

Sit and wait until they are ready (and maybe check your caps lock key meanwhile). :)
Andreas

Diggis

Quote from: OwlGreene on April 08, 2010, 05:49:19 PM

You'll have to be patient.  We're working on these as fast as we can, but as we are modding someone elses work and trying to improve on it slightly, it's hard work.

OwlGreene

Ok.  I'm not very tech savvy, but something's not making sense here.  If someone says he/she has it, and that that person has permission to upload it, why isn't it uploaded the way the person has it, perhaps as a beta or something, then update it in their own time?  From reading this forum I've deduced that there are plenty of SC4 users who'd much appreciate it HOWEVER they can get it.  Anytime I use all caps it's for a good reason.  Honestly, the GLR options on here suck, and anyone who cares about rail transit knows that light rail tracks on the ground or on the road spells disaster for the locals who deal with it.  We're CLAMORING for another option, and knowing there's another option out there but that the holder's just not uploading what they have hurts my desire to play.  I wanna run my GLRs underground, and I'm sure there are other SC4 players who do too.  Don't fault us for begging for better!!!!!!  We just know it's out there, and we want it.  Shucks, I'd pay via paypal for those doggone sunken GLR pieces.

Andreas

Sorry, but you don't understand. Of course "someone" might have those already, but even though they look nice on the screenshot, you won't be able to use them, since they are not ready yet. Would you buy a car that looks great, but the engine is still missing, since it is not ready yet? Sure, it would look great even in your garage, but wouldn't it be more fun to drive around right after your bought it? I have yet to see a car manufacturer who sells cars and delivers the engine later, and the very same applies to SimCity developers after all.
Andreas