• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Light Rail

Started by miggoycor, November 17, 2009, 04:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miggoycor

NOB's Sunken Light Rail!!!
:) ;D $%Grinno$% :) ;D

As seen in Smurf's SC4 expirement (  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3929.0 ; )

THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE!
&mmm ()sad() :( &cry2 :'( &cry2 :( ()sad() &mmm

Since this is not available (for possibly ever), can this be emulated by the NAM team? It's so awesome!
&Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/( &Thk/(
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Diggis

I'm looking into these for you.

Battlecat

Ok, that's a cool shot.  I can see something in this style having some serious value for adding more variety to urban construction!

Shadow Assassin

This certainly would be handy for a U-Rail addon where you can see the train passing through underground... not sure if the LODs are made for that though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

dragonshardz

Actually...these are available, at least they were when I downloaded 'em!

bob56

where did you get them? I would love to have these.
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

gardenwong

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 17, 2009, 04:06:14 PM
Actually...these are available, at least they were when I downloaded 'em!
would you like to share with us :D?
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

rooker1

There is no sharing of SC4 Content here at SC4D unless you have explicite consent from the author.  
Best dragonshardz could do is point you to where he found them if he can still do that.  But as Diggis said above he is looking into this, so please be patient.  I'm sure he'll get back to us in a day or so.

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

SimNation

Not to burst your bubble but they were not functional as GLR..they were GLR to subway pieces and served as pure eyecandy. Someone here at SC4D is already making rail viaducts..but has been awol for quite some time...forgot what his name is. He could probably make some real good GLR viaducts if we asked when he returns. He has a thread here somewhere I recall his rail viaducts were gona have like 20 pieces to them when complete.

gardenwong

Quote from: rooker1 on November 17, 2009, 05:19:21 PM
There is no sharing of SC4 Content here at SC4D unless you have explicite consent from the author.  
Best dragonshardz could do is point you to where he found them if he can still do that.  But as Diggis said above he is looking into this, so please be patient.  I'm sure he'll get back to us in a day or so.

Robin  :)
I am so sorry for what I have said :(
please forgive me /wrrd%&
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

dragonshardz

S'alright. We all make mistakes.

Anyhow, it's true that they don't work as sunken light rail, instead, they are specially modded subway lots. The special modding is so that you can see the trains passing through, or so is claimed. Personally, I've never used them in any city so I can neither confirm nor refute that claim.

As for where I got them, it was off NOB's site, oh, in 2007 or early last year. I think they're still there...somewhere.

SimNation, the person who made the rail viaducts included in the NAM is ArkenbergeJoe, who has been MIA due to RL intruding. Those rail viaducts have been more or less completed, AFAIK.

Unless you're thinking of smoncrie, who is still fairly active and has been modding the el-rail models.

miggoycor

Hi all!
I appreciate your enthusiasm and compassion on this particular topic and I hope Diggis finds something as Smurf said so himself that both the file in his computer was lost and NOB no longer hosts it on his site.
Maybe if we have a copy of the files, we could ask NOB for permission to post it here in LEX.

Eyecandy or functional, this thing is awesome! Like I said, maybe the NAM team could make one like this.
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Diggis

Quote from: SimNation on November 17, 2009, 06:04:01 PM
Not to burst your bubble but they were not functional as GLR..they were GLR to subway pieces and served as pure eyecandy. Someone here at SC4D is already making rail viaducts..but has been awol for quite some time...forgot what his name is. He could probably make some real good GLR viaducts if we asked when he returns. He has a thread here somewhere I recall his rail viaducts were gona have like 20 pieces to them when complete.

Umm, they were functional, they were puzzle pieces I think, although I need to check.  If you look at the pic you can see the train on the tracks.

BSC do have permission from NOB to upload his work to the LEX.  I'm pretty sure I have these in my downloads folder, I just need to check that the dependencies are all accounted for and package them up for testing to make sure everything installs and works as advertised.  This will probably take a couple of weeks to do, but I will let you know when I'm done.

choco

Diggis,  i think i have them as well on my older PC....if ya need a hand, lemme know... :thumbsup:  there were a couple dependencies from NOB's wall set, IIRC.

miggoycor

YAY!  ;D

NOB's Sunken Light Rail is coming to LEX!
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

vester

Shaun I pretty sure I have the files as well. Let me know if you can't find them.

Chrisim

NOB's sunken light rail are TE-lots converting light-rail versus subway. You can either plop them next to each other (first image) and automata and UDI work, but you cannot build crossing roads

or you plop them separately (second image) and connect them with subway (but you loose automata and UDI)

SimNation

ahhh...I never knew you could plop them together and they would actually work..when I used them I always had them seperated and had to use subway pieces so I assumed using subway pieces was how they were intended like a eyecandy piece. I always wondered how some people got automa with them figured they photoshop them in or the automa just randomly appeared.

CaptCity

According to the Readme in the zip file (which I do have if no one else does) the set needs NOB's Wall & Station Set (The fourth link in the 'Others' section on NOB's site - I think) and the NAM October 2005 version. I have used it with the newest NAM and haven't noticed any glaring issues, but I don't know about any 'nuts-and-bolts' issues. Just my two cents...

KoV Liberty

Wow... Anyway we can have functional road underpasses and stuff?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.