• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Introducing the NAM Hotfix Package

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2012, 03:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Introducing the NAM Hotfix Package
Current Version: 301 (for NAM Version 30), released 13 April 2012

In order to streamline the process of releasing bugfixes and other minor updates between releases, the NAM Team is now introducing the NAM Hotfix Package. The NAM Hotfix Package combines fixes for issues reported with the most recent version of the NAM and its periphery plugins (e.g. RHW, NWM, etc.), and compiles them cumulatively into one single, unified package. Through this package, we can now include Controller/RUL-related fixes that we formerly had considerable difficulty distributing between releases. The Hotfix Package effectively replaces the confusingly named "NAM Essentials" package.

The first NAM Hotfix Package release for NAM Version 30, Hotfix Package 301, is now available, and can be picked up here. Both a Windows installer and all the files necessary for a manual install (e.g. for MacOS users) are contained within the package, and it may be installed directly on top of your existing NAM installation.  It contains the following fixes/features:

• Updates NAM Controller to Version r139 (April 12, 2012).
  • Arrows on preview model for OneWayRoad Viaduct Orthogonal-Diagonal Transition have been corrected.
  • Road-ending-in-Tram-ON-Road T-Intersection piece now plops the correct direction over existing intersections.
  • ERHW-over-RHW diagonal pieces that previously did not properly plop now function properly.
  • Preview models for RealHighway RHW-6S-to-4 Type B and C Cosmetic Transitions are now properly aligned.
  • Preview model for RHW-6S Type E1 Exit Ramp is now properly aligned.
  • RHW Narrow Exit Lane Overplop for RHW-4 Type A1 Wide Ramp has been disabled. (It will not function correctly.)
  • All previously issued path fixes for RealHighway (RHW) Version 5.0 (RHW-3 Dual Type A1 Ramp).
  • Updates to Road, OneWayRoad and Avenue Viaduct-over-GHSR models are included.
  • LHD path fixes, including for the Avenue Roundabouts, revamped Diagonal Maxis Highway over Diagonal Avenue interchanges, and numerous URail, Tram-in-Road, and Tram-on-Street pieces.

• All previously issued path and texture fixes for Network Widening Mod (NWM) Version 2.0.

Dependencies
Network Addon Mod Version 30 (Windows | MacOS)
(Optional) Most recent versions of HSRP, NWM, RHW and SAM (needed for HSRP, NWM, RHW and SAM fixes, respectively).

-The NAM Team

NCGAIO

&apls As always extremely laudable concern for the NAM, .... better this way than waiting for a new update to fix small problems.

catty

Thank you ... very much appreciated especially the LHD path fixes   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

jdenm8

Small correction to Tarkus' post.

Quote from: Tarkus on April 13, 2012, 03:23:00 PM

• Road-ending-in-Tram-ON-Road T-Intersection piece now plops the correct direction when plopped over an existing intersection.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

TEG24601

OK, this looks good, except now I can't build new flex-fly ramps, traveling counter-clockwise.  Well, I can build them, but they don't look right visually, they keep ratcheting.

TEG

jdenm8

They keep doing what? We can't help you much without a screenshot.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

TEG24601

Whenever I tried to place an RHW flexfly curve, with the yellow on the inner portion of the circle, the texture seems to stutter, almost like the curve on each 'square' was more severe than it was supposed to be.  I went back to the old NAM and it worked, then switched back to the new one, and it also worked.  So it may have only been a glitch with the system I'm using right now.  I'm chomping at the bit for new Ivy Bridge Macs...

Moonraker0

Hmm, did you guys forget to include the ERHW-4 Neighbor Connection patch, which adds the missing texture for that puzzle piece?  I removed all the old patches before installing this, and now my ERHW-4 neighbor connection is missing its textures again.