• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Elevated Rails not present in UDI menu

Started by Priyon, October 27, 2012, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Priyon

After I install GLR stations, the El-train disappears from the U-Drive-It menu. And before I downloaded GLR stations, the El-train was working fine in UDI and I could drive around without problems. :)

It seems to have been replaced by those four coloured Strassenbahns.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a way to get my El-train back in the UDI menu WITHOUT uninstalling anything? If not, is there a way to completely uninstall the GLR plugins to get the train back? ()what()

I am using the tram stations shown in the GLR tutorial, to be precise.

CaptCity

By chance, is this the set you installed? It includes a file that supresses the default tram. It wil cause the default trams to be replaced by the colored one(s) you have selected. The file named 'BSC_SFBT_glr_light_rail_no_el-train_automata' can be removed to eliminate the effect, but I don't remember if it will have any other effect on the functionality of the stations. If I remember correctly, it doesn't.

Priyon

Thank you very much! It is working now. :)

And yes, I was using the same GLR station set. I looked for more but I think they will make trams disappear if I replace this one, due to not any trams being attached with them.

Weird thing is, I can drive El-train on tram tracks. I suppose GLR is a modified and reskinned (and also grounded) version of El-train.

Wthrwyz

Quote from: Priyon on October 29, 2012, 07:44:06 AM
Weird thing is, I can drive El-train on tram tracks. I suppose GLR is a modified and reskinned (and also grounded) version of El-train.

It is. It LOOKS like something new, but this is merely a display trick. The starter pieces and puzzle pieces tell a tile to look and act differently from normal, but under the hood GLR is an override of the default El-Rail network, which is why you can drive the same trains on it - the game literally does not know the difference. This is also why you drag El-Rail out from the starter piece when using draggable GLR.

If you've ever used them, then you may note the similarities with the SAM, RHW, HSR, and STR - all of them work the same way, overriding one of the base networks to make it behave differently. SAM overrides the base streets, HSR overrides monorail, STR overrides default dual-track rail, and all of the RHW variants are overrides of the base RHW-2 (which itself is a re-purposing of the unfinished DirtRoad network Maxis left in the game).
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.