• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31 Central Bug Tracker Thread

Started by MandelSoft, March 02, 2013, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 02, 2013, 10:30:20 AM
Now, most of the stuff in NAM 31 is working well, but I'd like to report on the L0-L2 Flex Transition bug. This is just a mess:

I wouldn't call them a mess. Given the state they were in until practically a couple hours before release, Alex did a marvelous job with last-minute coding. They work well carrying MIS, RHW-4 and RHW-6S, which already allows you to do some nice things.

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

The L2 FlexFly curve seems to act strange over L0 RHW 6S. It's almost like the network flip-flops (the yellow line in the inner median side is on the outer shoulder side.)

I don't know if it has been said, but the L1 Flex-Transition isn't working right when you have a stretch of MIS under the very first tile you can drag through. (after the transition)

I'll keep experimenting with the RHW and see if any more problems occur. :thumbsup:

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

itsacoaster

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 10:26:04 AMThere's a trick to get the override going. Plop a L1 8S starter and drag a L0 RHW-2 right in front of it, so as to intersect. Drag the 8S over the RHW-2. Now drag out the 8S in the other direction for a good couple tiles. Then delete the starter piece and the RHW-2 part. Now you should have a stable RHW-8S.

Cheers
Willy
That worked--it will suffice for now.  Thanks!

als98

Here's a couple more:

L1 RHW 10S changes to L1 MIS over 8C.

And L1 RHW 10S doesn't want to go over the L0 "flex-curve".

Two more questions:
1. I just decided to download the HSRP with this update so I don't know much about it... is there no way to cross a RHW over GHSR?
2. Am I blind or are the transitions to/from L3 and L4 missing?

Thanks for the hard work and NAM 31 will be incredible once the bugs are sorted out.   :thumbsup:

samerton

Quote from: sunv123 on March 02, 2013, 10:52:56 AM
The L2 FlexFly curve seems to act strange over L0 RHW 6S. It's almost like the network flip-flops (the yellow line in the inner median side is on the outer shoulder side.)

I can confirm this, however the paths don't seem too bad underneath the FlexFly; could this just be a texture issue?

Quote from: als98 on March 02, 2013, 10:56:50 AM
Two more questions:
1. I just decided to download the HSRP with this update so I don't know much about it... is there no way to cross a RHW over GHSR?
2. Am I blind or are the transitions to/from L3 and L4 missing?

1. I'm not entirely sure you can..
2. In order to change to L3 and L4, simply place your FlexTransition, and drag a L2 network to the bottom of it, this should change it.

art128

So nobody can help me on my little problem? I really really really need a solution as I can't take pictures otherwise. Link to the bug

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tarkus

Well, looks like the honeymoon with the new release is over. :D

Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 11:29:23 AM
So nobody can help me on my little problem? I really really really need a solution as I can't take pictures otherwise. Link to the bug

What mod exactly are you using for those T21s?  The SAM 10 setup doesn't use the original T21s, as they required dependencies, and our policy is not to include anything with dependencies in the release.

-Alex

Swordmaster

Art, it'll require a new T21 mod. I don't see how there could be a short-term fix. I also don't know why it ended up on SAM-10 if it was SAM-9 before.

I hope you got your old installation lying around.

Cheers
Willy

Kuewr665

Connecting a RHW to a Maxis Highway stub creates this bug. Any RHW network leading to a Maxis Highway reduces to a RHW-2. This bug was also in NAM 30, but it is more relevant now as MHW bridges could be used to create RHW bridges.

samerton

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 02, 2013, 11:47:45 AM
*Snip*
Connecting a RHW to a Maxis Highway stub creates this bug. Any RHW network leading to a Maxis Highway reduces to a RHW-2. This bug was also in NAM 30, but it is more relevant now as MHW bridges could be used to create RHW bridges.

I believe this is a stability issue that couldn't be fixed in time for the release, it should be fixed in a future update, however.

pierrebaptiste

Here under the one way RHW air : the motorway RHW 6 S , 8 S en 10 S the texture is not on the good direction :

Before an under pass of on way street with 2 way if the RHW in 6S , 8s or 10s there is a blank in the texture :

It's impossible to connect the RHW one way when the way arrive by the inside to connect this with RHW 4s :

The ultimate bug with transportation view :

The bridge it's a bridge with the maxis default piece restyled with symphony project rhw 4s. Under the transportation view it's impossible to view the line in black to inform of the exsistance of a bridge

samerton

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on March 02, 2013, 12:04:31 PM
Before an under pass of on way street with 2 way if the RHW in 6S , 8s or 10s there is a blank in the texture :

*Image Snip*

Were there filler pieces there before? Filler pieces have been removed from the current release.

farrell1701

Quote from: smf_16 on March 02, 2013, 09:03:49 AM
I don't really think this is a bug, but rather that I'm missing a texture. Don't know which one though:

(image snipped out)

It's elevated rail by the way.

I can confirm this (and posted prior to finding out about this thread - sorry!). I've seen this same problem in two existing cities. It also has a missing prop box over regular and s curves:

I've determined that re-drawing the el rail fixes the brown boxes, but the texture glitch is still there. I don't think I have any non-NAM el rail mods installed.

Other things:

MIS isn't stable going over plain rail when it curves 90 degrees on both sides of the rail; reverts to RHW2 at ground level. Not sure if this was a problem in 3.0 - something I encountered in a situation today.

Railbed missing/reduced underneath MIS L2 overpass. Looks somewhat similar on the above image as well.

PS manual on the bridge transition piece: Might just be easier to say "place cursor over the lanes exiting the bridge" rather than "low end facing the bridge" - it's hard to see the ghost barriers sometimes, so it may make more sense to suggest placement via that method.

RHW4 doesn't seem to be able to turn as tightly after puzzle pieces as it could before. I had a tight s-curve necessary to move an RHW4 over one tile to an RHW bridge after transitioning from ERHW4, within a square or two from the end of the elevation changing piece. Not a big deal since I didn't need that kink after switching to the RHW4 MHW bridge (awesome!), but thought I'd mention it.

Still loving this update though!  :)

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on March 02, 2013, 11:34:04 AM

I don't mind the bugs, I'm just glad its possible to do more now.

art128

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 11:35:04 AM
Art, it'll require a new T21 mod. I don't see how there could be a short-term fix. I also don't know why it ended up on SAM-10 if it was SAM-9 before.

I hope you got your old installation lying around.

Cheers
Willy

Yes, I backed up my NAM folder before installing in case I had to go back.

Quote from: Tarkus on March 02, 2013, 11:34:04 AM

Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 11:29:23 AM

What mod exactly are you using for those T21s?  The SAM 10 setup doesn't use the original T21s, as they required dependencies, and our policy is not to include anything with dependencies in the release.

-Alex

It doesn't use any other T21 mod, They're part of Moonlight's mod.. The Mod itself has a dependency list with CP prop pack 2009 for the Cherry trees, which doesn't appear with the new NAM.

I tested with the ML SAM9 override and without the sidewalk mod [Neko's sidewalk mod here (in case it was that)] to see and the trees are still the wrong one on SAM10 but using SAM9 shows the good one and the street has all the details like before.

Props & Texture Catalog

catty

Error with installer on starting it correctly picks that I am using a left-hand version of the game

QuoteMain Installation Location:
  C:\Users\CATTY-HOME\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod
Documentation Location:
  C:\Users\CATTY-HOME\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Documentation

Installation Type:  Complete Installation
Traffic Driving Side:  Left side of road
Traffic simulator type:  To be customized
Zones Data View: New (NAM)
Automata controller type:  Standard

but it installs NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat instead

-catty

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you can correct this by doing a Custom Install and manually changing the Traffic Driving Side to use the LEFT-HAND-VERSION.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

spot

RHW-6 L1 over RHW-6 L0 doesn't work. Once it crosses both directions of L0 turns into MSI L1.
There are lots of instabilities that make anything remotely complex impossible because the overpasses turn into crap. :(
Hopefully there will be a patch sometime in the next few weeks.

Other than that, once its fixed there will be infinite new possible interchanges.

Looking forward!

art128

So yeah concerning my problem, I have a proposition...

Why not make Moonlinght's MOD as an option to REPLACE SAM9 instead of adding another SAM set?

This might be a solution if the problem persists.

Props & Texture Catalog

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: samerton on March 02, 2013, 10:33:03 AM
It's known that the L2 FLEX transitions are in bad shape (you can occasionally get them working), however all of the the L1 transitions should work fine :)

The L1's do work fine.

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 10:40:18 AMI wouldn't call them a mess. Given the state they were in until practically a couple hours before release, Alex did a marvelous job with last-minute coding. They work well carrying MIS, RHW-4 and RHW-6S, which already allows you to do some nice things.

I'd certainly call it a mess, though it is good to know how well Tarkus did with getting to function (which it does with the one-tilers).

I'd also like to provide another image of the FlexFly/FlexCurve over RHW-8S problem:

Blue Lightning

Finished indexing this thread into the issue tracker.

PatMax: Added as issue #60.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project